NFC Wildcard Race

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by bjbdahitman, Apr 10, 2012.

1. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

There are 9 teams that are in the NFC race.

There is only 1 team who I feel like is in at this point... Tampa Bay

The other 8 teams are fighting for the remaining 5 spots.

1. Washington Redskins: They are 10-4 and leading the East, but they just lost to the Giants, who have been excellent of late. They play the Vikings (2-12), and finish off against the Eagles.

2. Atlanta Falcons: They are also 10-4 this year, They play the Saints, and the Bucs. 2 tough games, but they could still win the division at this point.

3. Detriot Lions: They still have to play a tough Raiders team in week 15, then the Chargers, and Packers.

4. Carolina Panthers: They are 9-4 on the season, and have the toughest road to the playoffs IMO. They have to play the Texans week 15, then the Bucs in 16, and finish against the Saints in week 17.

5. New York Giants: They are 9-5 on the season, and have been the toughest team of late. They will have to play the Jets in week 16, and the Cowboys in 17.

6. Philadelphia Eagles: They are 8-5 on the year, and have been slipping up as of late. They play the Cowboys, and the Redskins. They have a decent shot at it but it will come down to week 17 against the Redskins.

7. New Orleans Saints: They are also 8-5 on the season, and are a tough team to beat. They have the Falcons in week 16, and the Panthers to finish the season.

8. San Francisco 49ers: They are 8-5 and will most likely win the West. They play the Seahawks in 16, and the Rams in week 17. 1 win and their in.

Post here how you think the NFC playoffs will go...

I think this is how they will seed out:

1. Bucs (South)
    2. Redskins (East)
    3. Lions (North)
    4. 49ers (West)
    5. Falcons or Panthers (I can't decide, but 1 or the other)
    6. Giants (They have a good ending schedule and have been playing tough)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

They'll have to do it without Eli Manning and their starting safeties :dance: =]

3. bjbdahitman

Wow that sucks... didn't know Eli was out... sorry to hear that Peench

4. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Saints are 8-6 and dead in the water. Lost a CPU game early In the year that has bit me in the ass. Still have the Falcons and Panthers left and I have already beaten them once so I highly doubt I will beat them again. I have never beat the Falcons twice in one season in about 8 seasons.

5. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Good content but your analysis seems to be s bit off IMO. I have to beat two teams who have already beat me in the season. I would say only the Panthers have a tougher road. How am I lock for the playoffs and the #1 seed again ?

6. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I honestly feel it is a toss up across the board right now.

There is a good chance that the Bucs need to win out to win the division or even one just to make the playoffs.

If they lose one of the next two games against the Panthers or Bucs, then they lose will have at best a 12-4 record and lost the tiebreaker to the team that beat them as they will be 0-2 verse them head to head.

The team that beat the Bucs could end up 12-4 and win the division.

If both the Falcons and Panthers win out, they will both be 12-4 and the Bucs would be 11-5.

So one will win the division and the other will have #5 seed.

Who will have the other wildcard?

Well if the Bucs lose both their games they will have a 7-5 Conference record, which may not be good enough to make the playoffs if the Giants and Redskins end up with a 11-5 record or better.

Giants would have a 9-3 conference record and the Redskins would have an 8-4 record eliminating the Bucs.

7. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

On the flip side, the Panthers and Falcons need to win to get in as well.

Saints are not eliminated if they win out and end up having a 10-6 record.

This would mean that they beat the Falcons and the Panthers making them both have 5 losses.

The Saints would need help from the Bucs to beat the Falcons AND the Panthers which would take all 3 of their totals to 6 losses.

Saints would win the tiebreaker over the Falcons and Saints as they would have beaten both of them twice.

So the Saints have officially become Bucs fans...

This would mean the Falcons and Panthers would not make the playoffs as the Giants, Redskins, and Saints would make it in...

8. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Wow that is crazy. Im just interested to watch it all play out

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Natural

My point exactly antcap24 there are NO locks in the NFC South and I doubt there ever will be. Just too many good coaches in one division.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  10. bjbdahitman

Just my opinion... I can't wait to see it play out a lot of good teams fighting for a few spots

11. The Natural

True, you just have too much Buc Bias ;)

12. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

I hope the Bucs don't make it lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. bjbdahitman

Not really... I know your a solid player, and 1 win and your in... I think you'll make the playoffs that's all... Plus in my predictions I picked you to win the Bowl, so I don't want to go back on that

14. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Hahah thanks man. Its gonna be tough, David Carr sucks. I picked up Derek Anderson but he looks insanely inaccurate

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

Not a chance in hell if I finished 8-8?

16. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I don't think so since there are already more than 4 teams with 9 or more wins.

17. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

The Lions would be in regardless, we won the division.

18. The Natural

Bucs fall to Panthers. lolSB favorites don't even make playoffs??! Loss to Falcons and their out!

19. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Saints get virtually eliminated with that loss unless there is a meltdown by the Giants / Skins.

If the Falcons beat the Saints in Week 16, then the playoffs might start a week early in our week 17 matchup.

If the Panthers beat the Saints in week 17, then the Falcons- Bucs game would most likely be a playoffs game with the loser being out, if the Giants win out and remain 11-5.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Go Falcons/Panthers/Giants

21. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Giants look to be out after droppiing a tough one to NYJ.

Without Eli and 5 starters on defense, I just couldn't hang. Cougs is a hell of a player, too, and I'd need a healthy squad to give him a run for his money. Look out AFC East.

22. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Looks like the NFC South will representing 3 in this years playoffs...

Panthers
    Bucs
    Falcons

23. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Just crushed the CPU Vikes even though I played my 2nd and 3rd stringers more than half the game. So that means your out Peench =[

24. The Natural

Even if I lose to you?

25. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

With the Giants losing to the Jets, he now has a 9-6 record.

With all 3 of us at 11-4, we are all secure.

Make sure you play Devine...

I have a couple of players that would be upset if they do not get their chance at the bounty that has been set forth.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012