NFL 2012 Draft

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Apr 25, 2012.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Since we got the draft tomorrow and I've got time to kill, why not have everyone post up their favorite NFL Team (i know some of you don't watch the NFL aka. Jello)

For me being a Bengals fan, things would be PERFECT if Stephon Gilmore or Dre Kirkpatrick fell to us at 17 and at 21 I'd like us to either get a O-lineman in Cordy Glenn or get a WR in Stephen Hill or Kendall Wright.

2. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Well the Colts have Luck, now they need to give him some offensive weapons to help. Peyton had Marvin, Edge, and Reggie.

I won't be surprised if they have another top 10 pick next year and take a top WR or RB.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

The Packers need help on defense. If they don't move up, Boise State olb Shea McClellin would be a great fit.

4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Who and where would they move up to get this player? I know that i don't wanna move up as a Bengals fan

5. dakota7

I said if they DON'T move up, McClellin would be a good pick. If they move up, I'm assuming it would be for someone else. Who do the Packers want? I have no fucking clue, Ted Thompson doesn't usually tip his hand.

6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    As a Raiders fan I will wait until late Friday to see who we pick. We need DB and LB help.

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Thanks for your pick <3

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

They need to replace Nick Collins, draft a good safety if any are out there. We could use some help in the run game as well. Maybe get some better offensive lineman.

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Mark Barron looks to be the only good Safety out there =/

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

He will be gone by the time the Pack are up. We should probably take the best DT out there or a pass rusher on the D Line, should trade for Suh lmao

11. dakota7

Yeah, that's what I meant by moving up. I have no idea what Thompson thinks of Mark Barron or Fletcher Cox, but Jacksonville is reportedly ready to drop down out of the 7th pick. The price would probably be too high, but if you can make that move you might have to consider it. The only offensive position I can see them drafting at 28 would be Peter Konz, the center from Wisconsin. Realistically, TT will probably stay at 28 and just pick the best available defensive player there. Then they'll probably move Woodson to safety.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Moving Woodson wouldn't be a bad idea, give Sam Shields a chance at CB

13. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

JUSTIN BLACKMON!
    Fuckin' A :D

With Gabbert and now Blackmon I can't tell you how happy I am as a Jags fan to see some potential for progress. MJD has needed desperately any sort of help his entire starting career. Just a great night when you are use to the Jags moving back in the draft or the usual of taking a player well above where ppl had him rated (ala Seattle this year) or like prior drafts where our first 2 picks are the same exact position (OT & DE). It's sad we haven't had a WR since Jimmy Smith, huge get for JAX.

I'm looking for them to focus on our many defensive needs now. Still can use a late WR addition and maybe a backup RB/return man. Turbin, Hillman, Ganaway, Rainey are who I would like to see but they probably all go to early. Here's to hoping D rules the day (y)

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah i mentioned it to my buddy as the pick was made. MJD, Justin Blackmon, Mercedes Lewis, and "Money" Mike Thomas will be a deadly set of guys. Game over. All they need is an upgrade from Gabbert IMO and a better Oline

15. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Honestly I wanted to see Gabbert have 2 years of backing up someone before he started. Go ahead and suck it up to draft a better team and get the guy comfortable. I hate throwing rookie QB in the fire that don't have the team around them or aren't use to a similar system. I won't judge his performance until after next season.

And Mike Thomas deserves to be a #4 WR, nothing more

16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Bahah i know. I'm just throwing some Arizona pride out there in no man's land. But I think Gabbert is too much of a system guy. He thrived in this hurry up offense that Mizzou ran and i think he was WAY overrated (similar to how i feel about Brandon Weeden and Brock Osweiler in this draft. Nick Foles sort of but he's NFL battle tested ready with all the hits he took last season). I think if you draft a Kirk Cousins or maybe even a Kellen Moore and you breed one of them, you'll be good then

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

After a stressful night of seeing the likes of Brock Osweiler and Russel Wilson ( dakota7 ) got drafted, I was relieved (and somewhat ecstatic) that Nick Foles was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles. Can't wait to now follow up on the Eagles like i do my Bengals now to keep tabs and see if Nick can be the successor of Michael Vick

18. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Kirk Cousins goes to Washington Masler and JCspartan2 how you feel about that? Sounds shitty for both Cousins and RGIII

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

doesn't make sense why they would take anothe QB. Cousins will be 3rd string behind RG3 and Grossman

20. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Sorry to mock you but Grossman 2nd string? That's comical. I think Cousins will be 2nd string and will be a great backup. Thankfully, he can be bred into a great starter under Shanahan and they'll trade him like Matt Flynn was for Green Bay.

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

The only reason I put Grossman at 2nd is because he has pro experience. Kirk has no idea how to run Washingtons offense and will probably need a year or two. But I like what you say that he could mimic Flynn. I'd love for Kirk to be 2nd string though....some are saying he and RGIII will be competing for the starting job

22. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

That's what i'm afraid of. You don't draft a QB in the 4th round up to ride 3rd string....

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

RGIII will probably get the starting job due to his athleticism and his arm is just a bit stronger, Kirk has never really been known for the deep passes (although he can if he needs to, see Hail Mary vs Wisconsin). I think their accuracy is very close....probably will all come down to who makes the smarter reads. Cousins was damn near perfect in the Senior Bowl with all expert analysis' saying the only incompletions were the WR fault.

24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Kirk Cousins is the smartest QB in the draft. Hands down. He's a winner (see him being the winningest QB at MSU). RGIII is pure talent. This is gonna be a hell of a competition but RGIII wins by being the 2nd overall pick. I think he will get his chances if RGIII messes up.

I think the QBs go like this:
    Best Overall: Luck
    Most Athletic/Best Deep Ball: RGIII
    Smartest QB: Kirk Cousins
    Toughest: Nick Foles
    Winner: Russel Wilson/ Kellen Moore (how he hasn't been drafted is beyond me. Should of been a 5th rounder)

25. Masler

Masler Moderator

I don't think Moore is THAT great.