NFL Extra Point Rule

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by broth262, Sep 5, 2014.

1. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    So recently the NFL has been experimenting with what they can change about the rules to make the extra point/ 2 point conversion more exciting. So I was thinking we could have a little discussion here about ideas yall may have.

My thought was to make a TD worth 7 points, but if a team wanted to go for 8 points they risk, if they fail, going down to 6 points. I think this keeps the game as similar to as it is now, while at the same time offering some excitement. Thoughts/Your ideas?

2. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

If something isn't broken don't fix it, I hate the fact that they are trying to devalue the kicker now. It used to be that people had a hard time making them, because they are now able to make them, now they want to change it to make it more "exciting". What so we can see people potentially miss an extra point from 35 yards out? I just don't like the idea of it. Kickers go out and do there job and do it well, thanks to Adam Vinatieri the Patriots won two Super Bowl. Thanks to guts like Jason Elam, or Tom Dempsey, or Sebastian Janikowski we get to see people boot the ball from 60+ years away. This just needs to be left alone.

• Like Like x 1