NFL Free Agency

Discussion in 'Between The Lines' started by MartyWebb, Mar 11, 2014.

1. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

The Free Agency season is upon us! What do you guys think? Happy with who your team brought in? Think that adding that player will lead to more mediocrity? Sound off TSO!

2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

So far the Browns have signed S Donte Whitner and ILB Karlos Dansby to pretty reasonable contracts. I'm pretty happy with both signings even if they are both older than Ward and Jackson but they aren't as cap intensive.

Scuttlebutt is the Browns are going after Revis, and so the extra cap space from the above will let us eat his ridiculous $16 million-a-year contract. Revis and Haden as our starting DBs? Yes please, especially if Revis returns to even a semblance of form.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

OL Geoff Schwartz
    HB Rashad Jennings

I'm happy.

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Me too.

What about O'Brien Schofield? Came out of left field, and 2/$8 is a lot.

5. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Cowboys haven't done anything, though I'm anticipating a boneheaded move possibly. With the release of DeMarcus Ware, and if they plan on actually getting a DT through the draft they'll need a DE.

6. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Happy to see the Jags unload Gabbert
    O-Line Interior and DE also have been upgraded.

The jags picked up a pair of mid rounders for Eugene Monroe in '13. Going to be fun to watch them draft.

Packers signing Sam Shields is a plus in my eyes. I anticipate a heavy draft on defense (Again) Losing an injury prone finley will hurt to an extent but after he sprained his rectum last season, not overly concerned.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  7. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

How much room did that free up?

8. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    7.4 M

• Like Like x 1
  9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

So if Revis becomes a Brown , is it possible we take Clowney ? I guess new HC prefers man press (my kinda cheese) , so if we had that kind of coverage from our secondary adding some pass rush might be interesting.

I am also seeing on Twitter some folks think Cleveland still going to attempt to bring in Decker to be the #2 WR.

10. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Honestly, I scratched my head at first. He had 8 tackles last year for Seattle.....8.

However, with the Cards, he was not too bad. 37 tackles in 2011 with 4.5 sacks, but in 2012 he had 34 tackles and 4 sacks in 9 games.

So....I am being optimistic

11. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Nah, there's no way they take Clowney. Pettine probably figures he can turn Mingo into something productive. If Watkins is there and they aren't sold on any of the QBs, then I think they pull the trigger on Watkins.

12. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

So word is that the DeMarcus Ware cut wasn't so cut and dry. DeMarcus thinks he can get more money in the market than the Cowboys want to pay him currently(because they were attempting to restructure.) They've kind of agreed with DeMarcus, that if he can't get the money he wants, then he's welcome to come back. So it's almost a 'soft-cut.' Honestly, I hope he goes for the sake of his career. He's excellent, and just doesn't need to be in the 4-3 at all. When your best defensive player is fit for System A, you don't go to System B. With his hand in the dirt he's not the same player.

13. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

He got $250k more this year.

Tate to the Lions is interesting. Should be interesting to see him in a pass first offense.

14. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Champ Bailey is on the market, right? Any word on him getting contacted by any of y'alls teams?

15. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Srpoles to the Eagles....gosh that team looks dangerous with Maclin coming back.