NFL Free Agency

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Hova, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

NFL Free Agency

How do you guys feel about the moves so far? who has done the best?

I was hoping the lions would get bigger name guys but the guys they have signed are all better than what is on the roster now. The bears made a few big signings, It's hard to project how they will do next year, they still need a safety. I think the giants paid too much for Rolle.

Any thoughts from you guys? Who you hope to get? I hope the lions can get a safety but not likely in FA. I think they are getting CB Houston from the falcons via trade.

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Noone just hope colts keep Bethea

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

After last year's debacle and the decision by management to keep Lovie Smith and Jerry Angelo for one more year, I thought nothing could restore my hope for next years Bears team doing better than 6-8 wins. The Peppers signing has given me a sliver of hope back. I'm going to hold out and see how he looks in preseason, but he has the kind of ability to rush the passer that can completely change a defense. The Chester Taylor and TE Manu (I can't spell the guys last name) signings are nice pieces to help out in Martz's scheme.

I agree they need to do something at safety, but the seasons success or failure is going to rely on Martz's ability to help Cutler fix the INT problems from last year.

I thought the Lions signings/trades have been pretty good so far, although I think they may have overpaid for Burleson a bit. I think that getting Vandenbosch at DE could really help them next year, since he should be familiar with the defensive scheme.

4. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

The bears need to really get a Wr the guys they have wont make a difference since they dont have a #1 guy at all

5. Hova

If Urlacher can come back strong in the middle and Harris can be the dominant player he can they bears may be a problem on defense. We will see how martz works out in chicago, but ya If the bears dont get to the playoffs they will clean house at the coaching level of that organization

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I love the Antrell Rolle signing in NY the giants needed a good SS and without knowing if KP will be back this was a must get. I just hope Jerry can move up in the draft and take Mcclain out of Bama. Wishful thinking but i can hope can't I

7. Hova

The bears also have Olsen to deal with, I think they should deal him for a safety or atleast a draft pick since they have no early picks at all. He pry wont work out well in the Martz scheme and should have some pretty good trade value as well.

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

The Jets adding Cromart is a big deal if he plays up to his potential. Rex will have two lockdown bump and run corners and the pressure may be too much to handle for opposing QB's.

I'm a Cowboys fan and we must keep Austin and trade Choice or Barber. I'd like to say we have to draft a wr but the Cowboys have been having success with the undrafted guys lately.

We definitely need quality on the OL and Safety positions. Hopefully both will be sure up by April 25th.

Where do ya'll think Brandon Marshall ends up?

9. Hova

Marshall is working out with the seahawks but he has the 1st and 3rd round tender on him, may be hard for anyone to grab him

10. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'd be perfectly happy if the Bears dealt Olsen. He's been a real disappointment as a first round TE. I've never seen a slower 4.55 40 yard dash guy in pads on the field and he routinely gets tackled one on one by guys who are 40-50 lbs lighter. There's a rumor floating around that they are talking to the Pats about a possible deal for him but that may not happen until draft time.

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Pittsburgh just doesn't like to spend much money and we are getting old at corner and with Troy not being able to stay healthy our secondary is suffering. Now with the Ravens getting Boldin which is scary.

I really hope we go after secondary and some linemen in the draft and try to steal a WR

12. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Ravens getting Boldin was best move of the offseason so far. Their O should be very solid, now they need to get some more youth on D. I also like the moves the Lions have made. The Cardinals have lost a lot of talent between Warner's retirement, Boldin trade, Cromartie, etc. They will be in trouble for a couple years.
    I like the Bears pickups of Taylor and Manu Malehareaohnobahoiaauoa but not sure about Peppers. He is a game changer but I fear the Bears (my 2nd favorite team) may have paid too much for a guy that takes plays off.
    I agree with whoever, my Cowboys need to trade Barber or Choice, probably Barber because he costs much more, and get an upgrade at safety and younger on the O-line. We are just fine at WR right now with Austin and Witten #1 and 1A and Roy Williams #2. I still say we need a new coach. I can't believe Cowher was out there to be had and Jerry decided to stay with Wade. That still blows my mind.

13. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

the rooney's heard yoyr plea and signed Randle El lol