NFL Live: Fact of Fiction (Home Stretch Edition)

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by I Peench, Apr 3, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

We are joined by ESPN NFL analysts Marcellus Wiley and Trent Dilfer for this weeks installment of "Fact or Fiction"
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    1. The NFC South is overrated
    Trent: Fiction. From top to bottom, this is by far the best division in football. Tampa Bay, Carolina, and Atlanta are legitimate Super Bowl contenders. New Orleans is sitting at 5-5, but don’t sleep on the Saints. They very well could make a late push and get themselves into the playoff picture. Playing each other will only strengthen these teams down the road, as there is a playoff like atmosphere within these divisional rivalries.​
    Marcellus: Fact. I don’t doubt the NFC South as being the best division in football, but we lose sight of all the other quality teams in the NFC. For that reason, I say overrated. The Redskins, Giants, Packers, Niners, and Lions are all capable of winning the conference. My prediction is that there will be a non-NFC South team representing the conference in the Super Bowl.​
    2. The Titans will right the ship and win the AFC South
    Trent: Fact. Despite their recent woes, the Titans have enough firepower to still get it done. I really believe Jake Locker can carry this team into the playoffs, irrespective of how much he’s struggled recently. His footwork and throwing mechanics are starting to come together. He and Chris Johnson will get it done, while beastly rookie DT Karl Klug wreaks havoc on opposing offenses.​
    Marcellus: Fiction. Simply put, this team has traded away too much talent. The future looks bright in Tennessee, with young potential and lots of draft picks. This year, however, they will not be able to catch the Houston Texans. From a sheer talent standpoint, they just don’t have enough.​
    3. The Redskins can win without a QB
    Trent: Fiction. You simply cannot win in the NFL these days without an elite QB like I was. Garrard has 4 TDs and 10 INTs since taking over, that simply won’t do it. Despite talent on defense and a great running attack, their lack of balance will be their undoing. The Redskins haven’t won a user game by more than 10 points. Their lack of firepower will haunt them in close games down the stretch.​
    Marcellus: Fact. Coach Matrix is a master tactician, and has just enough to make a serious push this year. Roy Helu has over 1000 yards rushing, and the defense is phenomenal. London Fletcher leads a talented group, and has 8 interceptions on the year. What wins championships?...Running games and defenses. The Skins will win the East and make a serious push towards the Super Bowl​
    4. The Tampa Bay Bucs will win the Super Bowl
    Trent: Fiction. Everybody is high on the Bucs, and most consider them favorites to win it all. I believe they are the best team in the league, but there are too many other phenomenal teams for them to beat. I’m taking the field. Freeman just isn’t mature enough to lead this team to the promise land.​
    Marcellus: Fiction. As Trent said, Freeman is just simply not good enough. Noel Devine has been superb in the running game, but if he gets hurt or wears down, the Bucs will suffer. There are just too many other good teams out there. Plus, I just like to hate on Coach Natural like everyone else. It's in vogue.​
    5. Jamaal Charles has already won the MVP
    Trent: Fiction. This is a QB driven league, and it will go to a QB. Stafford, Eli Manning, or Matt Ryan will win it. It is very difficult to play QB in Madden 12, as interceptions are a dime a dozen. Though each one of these QB’s has turned the ball over, whoever can perform down the stretch is my favorite to win MVP.​
    Marcellus: Fact. Unlike Dingleberry Dilfer, I have no positional bias. Charles is your NFL MVP. 1600 yads and 19 TDs through 12 games? Stoopid good. And I know what the hell I’m talking about, I have an Ivy League degree.​
    This concludes this series of "Fact or Fiction". Stay tuned for a Playoff Preview version...​

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 12
  2. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Nice job

3. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I agree with Mr. Dilfer.

4. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

That was awesome. Thanks.

5. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Great read and unfortunately the recap curse rolls on, I believe the second assessment is correct. I won't have the talent until Offseason to compete with top teams and injuries to boot. Just lost a close game to the Buccs, been a tough season..

6. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I just lost in OT to the Saints. That should help you out IMMENSELY

7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Right there with ya lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Great job Peench! Top quality content, I un-liked it just so I could like it twice! I am glad I was the one thing they agreed on LOL.