NFL MOVES

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by hoppedupford, Jul 29, 2011.

1. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

What does everyone think about all the NFL moves so far, any surprises or disapointments so far?

2. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Patriots just added a ton of talent with 2 players. It might be 1 place that could actually get those two to play well.

Two thumbs up for Steve Breaston to the Chiefs. If Jonathan Baldwin turns out to be decent, the Chiefs will have quite a formidable offensive collection.

McNabb to Vikings won't help Minnesota. He's my favorite QB, but he just doesn't have it anymore. Better to have developing rookie in his place.

Kolb to Fitzgerald? I'm not touching this in fantasy football, but I will have my eyes on it.

3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Texans signed Joseph. While I was kind of wanting Asomugha, he was a higher price tag and is older than Joseph. I am glad they addressed the position.

Very interesting with Ochocinco going to Pats.

I also like Kolb as a UH guy. I will be rooting for the Cards this year.

4. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

I like the McNabb deal by far the best of the year. He could put that team in the drivers seat and give the Packers a real challenge for that division. I think from a overall standpoint you have to give either Houston, Seattle or NE the nod for most value. NE spends a 6th rounder and 12 million of NON GUARANTEED cash on Ochocinco and Hanesworth. Seattle gets Rice, DT Branch, Gallery, all 3 will start, and ads a QB to the mix for the #2 spot. With Tavarisu Jackson. 3 years ago we paid 42 mill over 5 years for Houshmanzaded at age 31. fast forward to 2011 we drop the same total package deal but only 18 in guarantees on Rice at 24. with a ton of upside. Hopefully hes still here when we finally get a QB. Houston with the Manning and Joseph pickups on the DB side. going to the 34 those dbs will be critical. man cover players are a must. joseph is a strong man coverage CB. Manning too from the safety position.

Also Jerry Richardson WHAT THE EFF??? this guy never spent money on salaries. and how hes pouring it out like hes got a fire hose. Carolina has something going.

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

As a Panthers fan, I'm not complaining. It's nice to finally see some cash flow.

6. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Falcons have been relatively quiet signing their own guys...

Big concern having 3 OL in FA. We signed our best FA OL in Clabo at a reasonable price which was unexepcted as the jack@ss Bills were trying to raise the price and sign him.

We just released a pretty good amount of salary by releasing WR Jenkins and DE Anderson. I expect that to mean that we are in the sweepstakes for DE Ray Edwards with the Browns.

If we lose out on that bidding war, watch for us to try to strike a deal for Osi Umenoyora if he continues to holdout with NY.

As for the rest of the league...

Patriots obviously made a splash with the two vets. I am sure they will flourish there. If the Jets end up with Asomugha, help us all in Madden 12 with that tandem.

Eagles end up with CB Rodgers-Cromratie, DE Babin, and then rumored QB V. Young.... Seems like they made some nice moves.

And COME ON CAROLINA!!! Resigning everybody to high contracts... and then trading to get Olsen. Looks like they all had a team meeting and convinced themselves that they have talent just need to put it together.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

McNabb played better than he is due to the coaches and schemes in philly, he will fail at Minnesota like he did in Washington.

and LOL at signing T Jackson as a good move heh. Sidney Rice is a good WR when healthy though.

8. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Well that works...

Posted at 12:03 and Falcons sign Edwards at 12:18 according to Adam Schefter.

If that Falcons can ink OG Blalock, I would be happy.

I feel we will let Dahl go as we have Johnson as a backup for his side.

I have mixed emotions about RB Jason Snelling. I would love to keep him, but he think he can be a starter, and may go to a team that he can start sooner than later. Rams seem to be very interested in both Dahl and Snelling.

9. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

10. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

The Eagles not playing around.

11. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

No shit dude its crazy. DRC, Asante and Asomugha - Sounds to me like Samuel will be dealt

12. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

im gonna be very happy using reggie bush next year!!!

13. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Bah McNabb was not a bad QB... He never really had quality receivers either... Dont mention TO's injury season...
    He was better in his younger days then some of these clowns who people think are good...

14. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

not bad, but overrated. His accuracy was always poor and he choked when his teams needed him most.

15. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

There are other qb's that have or had poor recievers but had more success then McNabb. Besides a good qb should make his reveivers better by getting them the ball in good positions on the field

16. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

McNabb did have success with Rags... he just never won the Super Bowl...

17. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

I hate the Eagles. They even tried to get Moss after he retired. They clearly are trying to buy themselves a Super Bowl. They have become the Yankees of the NFL and I hope it backfires on them. Someone needs to check their salary because I have no idea how they were able to afford all of those players with the new salary cap. Fucking cheaters.

18. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

They can sign all the players they want and they will still not win a SB as long as VicK is their QB.

19. capp34

Come on Rush I know the Eagles are the Cowboys rival but buying title is a stretch. Outside of DRC(who was acquired in a trade) and Ndmadi who was signed everyone else they signed is a gamble. Vince Young and Ronnie Brown are backups, Babin has only had one season. Buying a title is what the Cowboys did in the mid 90's when they bought Deion from the 49ers.:) I like how the media is trying to pump up this "dream team" that was coined by a backup QB no less. They are decent but far from a dream team or the NFL's version of the Heat.

20. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Cowboys won two Super Bowls before they acquired Deion FYI. And you forgot about Cullen Jenkins who was also one of the top defensive free agents out there.

21. capp34

I know man I was just giving you shit and I did forget about Jenkins.

22. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Based on Madden 2010 ratings (Final Updated roster)

Old Roster

DE- T.Cole- 95
    DT- M. Patterson- 85
    DT- B. Bunkley-85
    DE- J. Parker- 80

OLB- E. Sims- 81
    MLB- S. Bradley- 80
    OLB- M. Fokou- 73

CB- A.Samuel-94
    CB- D Patterson- 78
    SS- Q. Mikell- 86
    FS - N. Allen- 78

New Roster

DE- T.Cole- 95
    DT- T. Hargrove- 75
    DT- C. Jenkins-90
    DE- J. Babin-89

OLB- A. Jordan-75
    MLB- J.Chaney-66
    OLB- M. Fokou- 73

CB- N. Asomugha-98
    CB- D .Rodegers- Cromratie- 87
    SS- K. Coleman-67
    FS- N. Allen- 78

So with all these players signed they did not address the Safety or Linebacker position. They may use Samuel as a piece to get a linebacker in return, but most likely will be just for draft picks.

They have holes. Jenkins in a 3-4 End switching to DT.

23. Keller

Samuel is how old? I wonder if they have toyed with moving him to safety?

24. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Jenkins played a 4-3 DT before the Packers switched to a 3-4 if memory serves me correctly

25. Keller

Affirmative.

9ers are shopping Mays - Watch Samuel go to SF for Mays... its a perfect match.