NFL Playoffs week 2

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by NYJuggalo45, Jan 14, 2010.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

NFL Playoffs week 2

Who does everyone think will win this weekend? Predicitions, reasons, scores...

San Diego - 34 / NY Jets - 17
    Here in NY, the feel good story of the Jets is starting to pick up steam and Jets fans actually are starting to believe they can make it to the Super Bowl. That dream crashes and burns this weekend. San Diego has looked like the best team in football for most of the last 11 weeks of the regular season. Don't see why any of that will change playing at home, after a week to rest up any nagging injuries.

Indianapolis - 31 / Baltimore - 20
    Peyton isn't going to pull a Brady and put his team in a huge hole early with stupid mistakes and turnovers. Baltimore's defense is stout again, but Manning, Wayne, Clark and co will find the holes. I expect this one to be close in the 1st half with the Colts pulling away after halftime.

Dallas - 27 / Minnesota - 24
    Pains me to say this being a Giants fan, but the Cowboys might be the best team in the NFC right now. I think this will be a close game throughout with the Cowboys and Romo (ugh!) pulling it out late and finally getting the media off his ass about not being able to win a big game. (I will now go stab myself)

Arizona - 41 / New Orleans - 38
    Honestly, I think this one could go either way. The team with the ball last will probably win. I picked Arizona only because they have the experience from their run last year. But the Saints could just as easily win if they got the ball with 3-4 mins to go and needing a score. Should be a track match and a great game to watch. Safest bet of the weekend...over 57.5 on this one. Might get there by halftime

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I agree on all of them, the powers in the NFC are finished

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

That Arizona v. New Orleans is going to be awesome.

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Excellent write-up man. Go Cowboys...I hope your right on your prediction...lol

5. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Indianapolis - 31 / Baltimore - 20
    Peyton isn't going to pull a Brady and put his team in a huge hole early with stupid mistakes and turnovers. Baltimore's defense is stout again, but Manning, Wayne, Clark and co will find the holes. I expect this one to be close in the 1st half with the Colts pulling away after halftime.

I realize it is sacrilege in the NFL or in the media (except some dark corners on the internet that discuss this) to bring this up but Peyton Manning is about half the QB in the playoffs that he is in the regular season and he is very likely to do just what you say he wouldn't do. He is the best regular season QB of all time probably but even going back to Tennessee he is simply not a big game guy, with basically the 1 exception of the 2nd half of their playoff game with the Patriots in 2006 (year they won the SB in which he had 3 TD's and 7 INT's that playoffs?). He is an all time choker in the same vein as Greg Norman in Majors, the 1982 Angels and Bill Buckner.
    I don't know if the Ravens will beat them or the Chargers will get in his head again but I predict happy feet, rushed passes, INT's and people making excuses about how the running attack didn't show up or his receivers dropped passes or whatever. He is a below .500 QB in the playoffs with a QB rating about 30 points lower than his regular season rating and nearly as many picks as TD's. He gets all the regular season praise and awards but somehow when the Colts routinely get bounced early from the playoffs everyone else gets the blame but ol Peyton Munson.

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I would disagree with you Juggernaut.

I don't feel like typing it up, so instead here is a link:
    Peyton Manning Wikipedia page

Scroll down to the bottom. Yes, his playoff stats are not quite as good as his regular season stats are. But take away 2002 & 2006 and his career playoff QB rating would be over 90.0, not too shabby.

7. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

With all do respect Juggalo, you sound like a lot of Munson deniers and I don't have the time or energy to try to convince you. His entire body of work in the playoffs or huge games in college at Tennessee (see games vs. Florida and Nebraska) and then with Indianapolis in the playoffs speak for themselves. Remember that Tennessee was good enough back then that they actually won the national title the year after Munson left, with a QB named Tee Martin. He has been in the league what 12 years, making the playoffs as a high seed for many of those years and the only title he won was the year Bob Sanders turned into the Incredible Hulk while Manning threw 3 TD's and 7 picks versus the Ravens, Chiefs, Patriots and Bears. Its a shock to some to hear this blasphemy because he is the media darling and face of the NFL but it is all true.
    If he goes out there this year and performs like he did in the regular season, say 7 or 8 TD's with 2 - 3 picks and leads them to a SB win, I will say the monkey is off the back and will eat my words.

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Didn't know we were arguing man...was just listing his stats, which except for 2 years, are actually pretty decent. I do agree, the Colts should have more than 1 Super Bowl title given how they regularly win 10, 12, 14 even regular season games and usually have home field advantage. But his play alone was not the reason they only have 1 title. Does he have the playoff resume of a Kurt Warner...no. Would I take him to lead me into battle over anyone not named Brady in a playiff game...yes. Do I think they beat the Ravens and cover the spread...absolutely

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

He won a superbowl, that's all that matters

10. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I think i am going to root for the colts this weekend lol

11. NDCOLTS1979

No offense to this but it really isnt mannings fault. He has to rise above his regular season and force alittle more especially in the passed. He has absolutely no defense in the pass and had to try to make things happen when they werent there. This season the defense isnt great but it dont kill the colts either like in years passed. So i think this will be his best playoffs yet

12. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

VIKES!!! FTW!!!

13. NDCOLTS1979

Did farve gets his wd40 out for this weekend lol

14. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

What does this mean?

15. controllerabuser

FUCK THE WORLD

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

For The Win

But I like fuck the world better

17. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Sidney Rice is unreal.

18. controllerabuser

V-I-K-I-N-G-S!!!!!

19. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Vikings showed there the better team.

Hats off to them.

20. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Brett Favre had to have sold his soul to the devil. No one over 40 years old should be doing what he does.

21. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Watching Rex Ryan jump around like a gold medalist at the Special Olympics makes me sick.

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

As a Chargers fan, this hurts but is not totally unexpected. I would make big changes after this game, they just don't play well when it matters and that won't just change with another year behind them. They thought it was the coach. It wasn't the coach. It's the players.

23. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    JETSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! wooooooooo

24. NDCOLTS1979

Thats great the Jets win. The jets have no chance in beating the Colts. Their blitzes will cost them deeply against Indy.

25. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

I have to say so far this has been one of the worst overall playoffs I can remember. The majority of the games have just been snoozers (unless you happen to be a fan of the team smashing another team). And that's with me loving nothing more than watching the Cowboys get throttled.

I was also surprised at how Arizona just rolled over. After how good their offense looked last week I was surprised to see them straight get punched in the face and never recover.

Hopefully the Championship games are a bit better. We have three of the four teams that looked like the top dogs all season long going at it so hopefully there'll be a bit of a playoff quality rebound.