Nfl week 1 your team opinions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gt86, Sep 14, 2009.

1. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Nfl week 1 your team opinions

With Week 1 pretty much in th ebooks except for tonight's games what is your thoughts of your favorite team after one game? I know it's just one game but everyone usually is high as a kite or on the edge after the first game after seeing their team for the first time each season.

As for the Cowboys and I'll be honest. They are lucky they were playing the Bucs. The defense looks soft , they couldn't stop the run for anything and couldn't get pressure on a QB who has the slowest release and biggest windup in the league until late in the game.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah the Giants Suck......but the Redskins suck worse. Tony Romo and the boys are going to put 40 on the gmen this week. Thank god for Campbell being pretty bad that we escaped that game with a win.

3. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Don't know about that Giants have something the BUcs didn't and that's a awesome defense. Again The Cowboys were lucky they were playing the Bucs, I wasn't really impressed with my Cowboys in week 1.

I'll also add that if the Bucs were able to rush for almost 180 yds and pass for almost 300 yds vs the Dallas defense , I am very worried about what Jacobs and company will do vs this defense.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I agree the Giants run offense should bold weel against the weak Boys run defense. But the Giants Secondary and LB core is weak......Romo and Witten, Austin, Crayton, Williams........pose bad matchups for the Gmen,

This is a VERY important game that could help the Giants define themselves this season.

5. Josh

Josh Guest

The biggest problem the Cowboys face is their own team. The Bucs secondary lost the game last night. That's what happens when you take the Tampa 2 and modify it... the safeties sucked it up. Take away those deep passes (all 19 of them, that would not have happened if Kiffin were still in town), and the Bucs win by 10. Romo was off the entire game, but luckily he had 10 yards of cushion on his receivers after about 15 yards. That game just pissed me off. The Bucs aren't going to be a contender by any means this year, but what was more telling was how bad the Cowboys really are without TO and a run D.

6. Kan

Kan Walk On

Skins shoulda been throwing every down with the crappy CBs the Giants have playing right now.

But no...can't throw that much in a west fucking coast offense.

7. stealth

stealth Walk On

Man its hard to be a bengals fan. For the record the bengals didnt lose the game because of some fluke play at the end of the game. They lost the freakin game becuase they cant score even thou they have a freakin good offense but that offense over and over killed themselves with drops or penalties. On the bright side the defense(until that last play) looked pretty good but i will reserve on that until they actually play against a good offense.

I was sitting here yelling not wanting them to score the td without running the clock down 1st and when the scored with :38 left I knew they were going to lose

Somebody please tell me how you can have 4 fast wrs in ohco,coles,henry and caldwell and not attempt 1 deep pass all game

8. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

Week 1 Excuse for the Dolphins: Toughest schedule in the league.

Is that enough?