NHL 2012/13 Lockout Talk

Discussion in 'NHL' started by Fiddy14, Sep 17, 2012.

?

NHL Lockout 2012/13, who are you backing?

1. NHL

11.1%
  2. NHLPA

22.2%
  3. Neither, settle your crap and lets play some hockey!!

66.7%
  1. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

[​IMG]

So who are you backing? Owners? Players?

Or the heck with both of them, settle this crap and lets play hockey?

2. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

3. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

i'm backing the players, but know they have to make some concessions... having 57% of HRR last year, is the most of any of the other 4 major sports leagues. that has to change.

but for the owners to lock out the players, 7 years after they 'won' the last lockout, is a joke. they cancelled an entire season to push a salary cap through and claimed victory. revenues jump 1.1 BILLION in that time and owners end up throwing out ridiculous money. do you realize that in the week leading up to the lockout, teams spent $169 MILLION on re-signing/extending player contracts? if the CBA that just expired was flawed, why were so many teams trying to sign these long term contracts before the lockout?

the lockout is happening right now because the NHL GM's & ownership groups can't police themselves. $100 million contracts are being thrown around like they're entry level deals. guys are getting signed to 12-15 year deals. because HRR has risen so much in the last 7 years, what teams are able to spend has also grown - along with what teams are REQUIRED to spend to reach the cap floor. teams would have HAD to spend between $58-70 million this year. and that's based on what the NHL decided was best 7 years ago, and now it's broken? and the players are responsible for that? #getdafuckouttahere!

the league is making more money, wants to give its players less of the pie, and have fu##ked everything up royally over the past 7 years, that they now need another lockout to help reel them in.

4. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

and the owners are signing those players to those deals bc of loop holes in the old CBA. players and owners overlooked and the agents started exploiting it.

to compete, teams had to give those deals for the money and the years.

now, they are going to make sure that loop hole goes away.

good for them and good for the league.

lock em out all year Uncle Gary..

5. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

you can't tell me that DiPietro's agent was the one that found the loophole! Charles Wang & Garth Snow offered that wonky 15 year deal so that the cap hit would only be $4 mill per season - that's an owner going against EVERYTHING that the last lockout was trying to prevent. then you get a guy like Holmgren who offers Richards & Carter those long-term deals. Kovalchuk getting a long-term, CBA circumventing deal with $1 million a season when he's in his 40's and likely back in Russia, to lower the cap hit. then Parise & Suter this summer. it's pretty much where we were 7 years ago with the crazy Bobby Holik deals again, which caused the last lockout!

the players are asking for money, yah, but if the owners actually banded together and respected the league and fellow owners, we wouldn't be in this position. you got a guy like Brian Burke, and i can't stand that guy, that says 'i don't believe in long term deals and our organization won't offer those deals that circumvent the CBA, nor will we pick up those contracts'... i respect that! like i said, i hate the MoFo, but he's got a point. it's on every GM's shoulders to move the league in the right direction.

if the owners lock the players out the entire season, there's a damn good chance that a lot of the fans that they got since the last lockout will just give up on hockey and revenue will drop. they're already estimating a 5% increase in revenue each year, and basing their HRR totals on that. the PA thinks it will grow more, but that was before the deadline. if they're gone for the season, no chance they make $3.3 billion the next year.

6. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

you cant tell me that every owner decided to cheat the system they came up with, pay players, then now shut it down either.

agents were a huge part in this, as are the players and owners. they all cheated the system and it needs fixed. seems like the owners realize this and players dont. im not mad at the players for wanting to get paid. but it needs fixed.

the same fans said last time they wouldn't come back and did. they will again, bc its die hards like us.

casual fans dont care if they play, or dont. dey don car..

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I just want hockey!

• Like Like x 2
  8. DashingHEEL

DashingHEEL Walk On

I don't know much about the lockout as i wasn't following it much but i kno that i want it to end now and be able to watch my capitals.

• Like Like x 1