Nickel Cover 2

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by hammerhead1010, Oct 28, 2010.

1. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Ok, so the cpu or whoever picks a play, it says 3WR 2HB, or 3WR 1HB 1TE but basically since it's 3WR I come out in nickel to matchup correctly.

In real life wouldn't it actually line the nickle back up on the side with the 2nd reciever (assuming it isnt trips, which in the examples Im talking about in this game it is not), to kind of disguise the coverage until the player or cpu motioned or whatever?

I wish the game would do this so If I come out in cover 2 against another user I dont have to quickly give away the play which I'm sure my human opponent can pick up on.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I know what you mean. In fact, you used to be able to "man align" to disguise your zone coverages. That was a long time ago though. Basically if you were in cover 2 and you had "man align" on, your guys would follow them like it was man but they would switch zones around to the most appropriate. Like if your corner had to follow the WR to the other side of the field, the LB over there would switch to the flat zone and the CB would switch to a hook zone.

Maybe I'm crazy but I remember it being something like that but it was like... 04 or 05.

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

You would have to flip the play. It's lame.

4. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

ahhh, when schemes really mattered....