Night and Day

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Brogowicz, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Most of you know that I jumped ship from another league here at TSO. My guy JCA helped to make that happen. I had a train-wreck of a 4th quarter last year when our remodeling project (link below) ran off the tracks and had to step down from my post there.

Ego caught me at the right time and I jumped back in to lead my recruits to a title run. Before I knew it, shit was upside down over there and two of the guys that brought me in were on the way out. I made the move right after I played my final game of the regular season - season 5 I believe. That was right around the 14th of January (and some thirteen games before I got Buffalo all over my face).

I just took a look (just to see) and couldn't believe what I found. Week 2 of season 6. That's an alarming 17 days to pull of conference championship week, bowl week, an offseason and one week of play.

I think found my home here and I love it. I hope you're enjoying having me around. Now advance this shit. We've been on week 8 for 4 hours already.

Disclaimer: I harbor no ill will towards anyone in that other league. I'm not trying to bash anyone. Just pointing out the facts and the facts are they move slower than molasses.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Steve would be proud.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

We're a rare breed

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Now, advance this shit!

5. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

There's a lot of good guys on TSO who have a lot going on in life and require several days in between advances. I'm glad there are leagues available on here for those people.

That said, I'm also glad there is a league for the far-too-addicted players like ourselves. I like to play a game everyday, talk about the game til' I'm blue in the face, and rattle off 20+ seasons with a bunch of guys who just as obsessed. I think that unless you play the game at this capacity/intensity, you're missing out.

• Like Like x 3
  6. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Great job on the remodel Mark! Floors looked great as well. Cant imagine living in a space like that with all the work you did there.

7. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Thanks man. The impact that had on our lives and our finances was significant. On top of that, I had problems at work and all of it snowballed into problems with my wife. We're very happy to be past all of that now.

8. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Agreed. I'm happy that other people can go at the pace they like. I'm not sure how you could get 12 people go much faster than our current pace, but I know that this is much more my speed.

9. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Once David stops holding us up, we'll really start flyin'! ;-)

10. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I don't think it's possible.

I'm much like Ego, a game a day keeps my NCAA jitters away

11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Well the thing is...we dont just go fast...the content is non stop from a variety of angles and teams...we have blogs....we have bits blog....we talk all damn day in our phone chat thing..

The league is running at a break neck pace and its fun, each and every day. Now advance this shit.

• Like Like x 4
  12. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Great thread Mark. Glad you're here and I'm glad you've found a home.
    Remodel looks great, glad you and your family survived it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Crop is 2nd to none...12 guys who get there games in seasons knocked out in a week and half two at the latest

• Like Like x 1