Night Owls Daily: Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jayrah, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

The Night Owls Daily, who's former alias was simply the POTW, is now going to be even more fun and more interactive with the addition of the ESPN Game of the Week, presented by our Night Owls analyst, DreSmithJr. The Night Owls Daily is a thread dedicated, as suggested, to daily interaction and thread movement with brief discussion of the GOTW and of course, your predictions, which will be tallied for some virtual Vegas fun. This "weekly" (week by play time) thread Is sponsored by ESPN's Drive to the National Championship, and will also include your youtube submissions for our Plays of the Week, as well as your votes for those plays at the end of each week, as the winner of each week will receive an entry into the N.O. Play of the Year.

Dre and Jay are very excited to bring this addition to you as a multi-dimensional piece to our league. We hope you thoroughly enjoy participating, with a lot more, fun information to digest in our thread, while we strive to make your Night Owls interaction full and time efficient. Enjoy!

2. Jayrah

[​IMG]

Congratulations to the week 1 Winner of the ESPN Play of the Week: Recchem's picked off pitch!

Don't forget Week 2 Voting. Again a only a 25% entry rate. Let's see those Plays of the Game!

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG]

Woo Hoo!!!

4. Jayrah

[​IMG]

Present By ESPN's "Drive To The National Championship"

[​IMG]

Coming to you live from Madison, WI at Camp Randall Stadium
    [​IMG]
    Our Game of The Week features
    [​IMG]
    the Texas A&M Aggies
    VS
    [​IMG]
    the #4 Wisconsin Badgers
    [​IMG]
    The #4 Wisconsin Badgers come into the game with confidence high, after dominating their first 2 opponents, Florida State (21-3) and Arkansas (45-6) to begin the season 2-0. Offensively, the Badgers are lead by All-American and Heisman hopeful Nick Toon whom won the Biletnikoff (Best WR in the COUNTRY of AMERICA called the UNITED STATES :)). So far this year Toon has 14 catches for 178 yards and 3 TDs. While its no doubt that Toon will be looked at to stretch the defense against the Aggies, the SLEEPER PLAYER OF THE GAME PICK from the Badgers by our staff is Running back Montee Ball who has 39 Rushes for 260 yards and 4 Touchdowns so far this year quietly. Despite caution from the Badger coaching staff about Ball's ability to hold onto the football, there is no denying the production he is providing for the team.
    [​IMG]
    The Texas A&M Aggies come into the game with high hopes despite their nail-biter loss against the UCLA Bruins last week by 7 points. Coach Roshaun Pesho Davis was very impressed with his teams "never give up" mentality they showed after being down 28-7 last week and crawling ALL THE WAY back to tie the game up before eventually losing. He stated
    "We let one slip away, and after all that way back.... we just couldn't make a tackle in the open field and it hurts, but we see how much better we are this year with a comeback like that. We couldn't do that last year, so this is a good step for our team. We're growing"
    in a post game interview. The Aggies offense is lead by its 2-headed monster at running back with Cyrus Gray and Christine (record skips??? CHRISTINE????? :D) Michael both combining for over 200 yards and 3 TDs as a collective unit. But our experts think to pull the upset, the SLEEPER PLAYER OF THE GAME PICK for the Aggies would have to be QB Tommy Doorman. With Doorman's ability to both pass AND run, If he can get hot and be effective the Aggies have a SOLID chance at a Victory.

[​IMG]
    Iowa Hawkeyes (Dolfan Dave) @ LSU Tigers
    Michigan Wolverines (RDTII) @ Boise State Broncos
    Colorado Buffalos (CuBuffman) @ Arizona Wildcats (Steamer43)
    Oregon Ducks (Dakota7) @ Washington State Cougars
    On Bye Weeks
    USC Trojans & Ohio State Buckeyes

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Wow, nice preview Jay! Pull off the upset. Mexi is tough, played him over in the LoC last night. Good luck!

6. Jayrah

Weekly User Picks from "The Brain-Trust"
    Ole Miss Rebels @ Oklahoma Sooners (MTN199)
    Clemson Tigers @ Texas Longhorns (WhyGodWhy1111)
    Iowa Hawkeyes (Dolfan Dave) @ LSU Tigers
    Michigan Wolverines (RDTII) @ Boise State Broncos
    Colorado Buffalos (CuBuffman) @ Arizona Wildcats (Steamer43)
    Oregon Ducks (Dakota7) @ Washington State Cougars
    On Bye Weeks
    USC Trojans & Ohio State Buckeyes
    Night Owl User Games
    Jayrah:
    OU
    UT
    LSU
    MICH
    ZONA
    WSU (gotta believe in my Cougs)

Uscsux:
    oklahoma
    texas
    lsu
    arizona
    oregon
    *Uscsux GOTW Bonus Pick* Wisconsin

DreSmithJr:
    Oklahoma
    Texas
    LSU
    Boise
    Colorado
    Oregon.

7. Jayrah

I'm sure Dre will appreciate the thanks! LOL. I just copied it from our PMs for the week. He did and will do a GREAT JOB with this as in previous renditions and I'm excited that he will be doing this weekly. The Picks of the week are also Dre's and Uscsux idea (thanks guys for this as well, great stuff) and I am planning on putting a plus/minus for our picks of the week. IMO this is now going to be a very informative and fun thread on a week to week basis, ultimately including 3 providers of main information.

8. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Deff liking this writeup. Im getting excited about my own game haha. And do we make picks on the NO user games?

9. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

This came out nice. Next week Jayrah will combine his play of the week into this as well and I've got a couple ideas for other stuff. I've got staff duty today which means a 24-hr shift in the military doing BULLSHIT so I can be online. I'll get at y'all 2moro about everything.

10. Jayrah

PM me your POTW and I'll put them into a single post in the NO Dailies each "week" to conserve space and streamline

@Mexi: I'm getting pumped for this as well! And yes we will start posting USER game picks next week from the Night Owls Community. And keep a +/- for the year for a fun competition.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Jay why dont you put up a thread with some instructions on how you want the POTW done and sticky it so everyone is clear what you want.

12. Jayrah

DONE!!!

13. Jayrah

POTW ENTRIES:

WhyGodWhy Punt Return:

14. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

The game of the week started off with a bang. After a fumble by A&M deep in Badgers territory, Coach Mexi went the conservative route...and threw a bomb to Toon! A play that is most likely to be seen on the POTW thread as Toon brought it in the corner of the endzone dragging one foot in. HB Ball was not to be outdone by the Heisman candidate. With the o-line paving holes wide open, Ball busted out TD runs of 74 and 33 yards on a career day where he ran for 233 yards on just 21 touches, averaging an astounding 11 yards PER attempt. This is a far cry from the fumble prone Ball that Coach Mexi had worried about at the beginning of the season. The Aggies, being the feisty bunch they are, were able to score 21 points in the 4th Q in an attempt to come back. But the drives were too long, and two failed onside kicks put the Badgers in good field position. "Another year, another time I get to see A&M lose," Coach Mexi said, following through on his promise. "I would call this a good season, but we've got national championship aspirations on our minds. Anyone whos seen our first 3 games can attest to that." A bye week is next for the Badgers. Can they keep the momentum going in time for their first confrence game vs Iowa?

#4 Badgers 38 - Texas A&M 24