Night Owls Future Vote

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Jan 4, 2012.

?

What to do now?

1. 1 - Continue with current set up

57.1%
  2. 2 - Go with Alma Maters starting season 6

14.3%
  3. 3 - Pick 2 Conferences, new teams

14.3%
  4. 4 - Funnel everyone into the Pac 12 and Big East

14.3%
  5. 5 - Complete Restart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

gowazzucougs
    BakerWildcat7
    dakota7
    MexiRican35
    Wyrmreaver
    BRUCE80
    mboda
    UniQue2Three

We are down to 9, possibly 8 if Bruce can't get his game working so keep that in mind when you vote. Majority rules, feel free to discuss your opinions more here.

1-- Continue with the Current setup, CC no rules on where you go.

2-- Everyone takes their alma mater and start season 6 as if we've all landed our dream jobs. Good for boda and wgw, since they've already started to build their teams. Negative is we are still spread out and some people have duplicate alma maters.

3-- Pick 2 conferences and we select teams. Probably put some parameters on team selection, maybe we could only pick a team up to the prestige we end season 5 at. Good -- we start building some in conference rivalries. Negative -- pretty much makes the first 5 seasons irrelevant.

4-- Funnel everyone into 2 conferences that have users in them currently, maybe the Pac-12 and Big East?? Those two have the most users I think.

5-- Complete restart.........

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

That post looks familiar.....

3. dakota7

I know you have a help wanted sign in the new members lounge, I'm assuming there hasn't been any interest. 8 is a small number. Maybe we should restart.....one conference? Now I'm undecided.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Copy and paste is a great thing :)

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yep, i've had it up there awhile now...no takers at the moment, if Bruce has to leave I think we are stuck at 8 for the duration.

We dont need to necessarily restart to all go in one conference. The SEC has been untouched by users, and the ACC as well (except Bruce but he hasnt been able to do much with his scratched disc).

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

So I guess option 6 would be all go into one conference, restart or not.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Another option would be to shut this down and get any of you guys that arent in a premier league yet over in After Midnight. We have 3 openings over there as well. Of course, if you are not a premier member you would need to fork over the $12 to do so.

Cheez ???

BakerWildcat7
    Wyrmreaver
    UniQue2Three

I believe you guys are the only 3 not in a premier league already, so let me or cheez know if this is something you would be interested in. We move pretty fast over there so be warned :)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  8. dakota7

I'm just guessing that the ACC would have a better/more even team selections. We could even move Pitt and Syracuse in to add a little flavor.

9. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

recchem2000

I voted for current set up. I like it, it is different. What I would propose is that no one gets non conference CPU games. If I was to stay at WSU, I would have boda and probably wyrmreaver, plus three user games that would be five games. If you stayed at Kansas you would get 4 nonconference user games. Dakota and Mexi if they stayed in the Big East could have six user games (5 non conference games), but there could be an agreement that the max number user games would be five.

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I really have no ties to GT and have issues with my game right now...I may trade it in and try to get a new one. I had it buffed out and get the same error...not sure what it is at this point.

I vote to move to teams everyone wants.

11. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I voted keep current setup, I would also be down with a complete restart, maybe pick 2 bad conferences and all take 1-2* teams?

As for going into After Midnight.... I would be open to that, the only issue is with it moving so fast I would have to drop a league..... probably LOS which cougs is the commish of. I already overcomitted and had to drop a league (the now defunct LOC), and me leaving basically was the killer blow to that league.... I dont want to be "that guy" who quits 2 leagues. Not sure how that would go over with the "powers that be" and the community as a whole and I love TSO so far and want to nurture goodwill.

12. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I think this is the way to look at, most of the people in this league are in AM. The only people that would truly be affected are Dakota, Baker, and Bruce. As for the LOS, that league will survive. It somehow has survived this long. I am not sure how, but it has.

13. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Furthermore, Wyrm, it's pretty much been established that N.O is a feeder system in to AM. The "powers that be" more than likely have seen this by now, and would be accepting of a move in the like. Take a look at the roster of AM right now

Cougs - currently in NO
    Recchem - currently in NO
    Boom - currently in NO (I think he still is anyway lol)
    Mexi - currently in NO
    Jayrah - formerly in NO
    Cheez - formerly in NO

6 out of the 9 guys have ties to night owls. Not to mention whygod, who is on hiatus.

recchem2000 - is whygod done in AM too? He said it was a 1 season hiatus, but has not responded to the txt i sent him nor communicated with me in any shape or form here. Furthermore, do you know if he will be back for '13?

14. dakota7

How many spots do you have? Should we just do a merger?

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We have 3 in AM...depending on what guys want to do, we could go that route. But ultimately its up to Cheez and the site management.

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Boom's not in NO, just After Midnight and Cougs league.

17. Wyrmreaver

It's not leaving N.O. for A.M. that is an issue, that sounds like a legit option.... its that the faster advances will force me to drop Legends of Saturday also. Which means I will have "quit" 2 leagues, the League of Champions, which folded and merged with LOS when I quit (I was in both), and then Legends of Saturday, potentially leaving me with just 2 leagues; Fourth Horseman (best non-premier league IMO with regards to overall content and competitiveness) and After Midnight...... I just don't want to get a rep as a quitter......

Anyways, merging with AM, restarting, or continuing are all things I am open to, especially since I finally beat Oregon. :D

18. Wyrmreaver

Also, becoming premier is fine..... I was gonna wait and do it for Ncaa 13 but I can do it earlier if that's the way we want to go

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Just a word to those who might be joining AM:

we do have 3 slots open - but I am not alone in deciding whether or not you all get in. The premier league committee will have the final say. I dont think that should be a problem for any of you - but I am just throwing it out there.

With that out of the way, here's what would potentially be open.

Pac 12 North: None
    Pac 12 South: 1 spot - Arizona, Colorado, Utah, USC
    B1G Leaders: 2 spots (provided that Whygod is done for good) - Illinois, Indiana, Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin
    B1G Legends: None

I try to schedule around 5-6 user games per year for everybody, and it is a 24 (cpu) / 48 (user) advance schedule. We are currently in Week 13 of Season 8, with a hopeful advance into Week 14 tonight - so you'll be hopping in at a good time to get yourself acquainted with your young players before advancing to a new season.

21. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

I like the idea of a merger also

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OK, were gonna plug along with the CC...the people have spoken.

• Like Like x 1