Nik's 2013 All-H4Y Team

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by nikpin, Nov 3, 2010.

1. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

If this was day 1 of the season and I had to start a team from scratch for just a single season these were the guys I'd want on my team. I'm not including transfers as several of those would have made it but they aren't eligible.

2013 All C-USA Offense

Quarter Back
    [​IMG]WKU James Franklin 6'2 222
    86 OVR 84 SPD 88 AGI 94 ACC 88 BTK 88 JKM 90 THP 94 THA
    Franklin has the arm of a pocket passer with the legs of an athlete. He's the no questions asked best QB in the conference.
    Half Back
    [​IMG]WMU Silas Redd 5'10 209
    83 OVR 92 SPD 98 ACC 93 ACI 84 BTK 99 STA
    You could make an argument for a decent amount of backs but I'm biased so I went with my guy. When it comes to straight line speed nobody could touch him and his agility was also a notch above most.
    Wide Receiver
    [​IMG]EMU James Jackson 5'10 187
    80 OVR 96 SPD 99 ACC 86 AGI 88 JMP
    Jackson is the most explosive player in the conference and though he's not what you would consider a great pure WR he's a great athlete. I'd find a way to get him the ball on screens, jet sweeps and even play him at RB some.
    [​IMG]ULM Luke Russell 5'11 176
    75 OVR 91 SPD 92 ACC 85 AGI 76 CTH
    WR was not nearly as deep as RB and it took me a while to decide who a #2 would be. He's got good athleticism for a white WR but what I was really looking for opposite Jackson was somebody with reliable hands and Russell fits the bill with 76 catching.
    Tight End
    [​IMG]KSU Gerald Johnson 6'4 255
    75 OVR 86 SPD 74 ACC 74 CTH 77 STR
    Oddly enough it seems like the conference has better TE's than WR. Johnson narrowly beat out 2 others as the primary TE and should have a spot on this team for 4 more years as he's the first true freshman on the team. His speed is unmatched at the position and he presents a mismatch against LB's and Safeties. His blocking ability also rivals many linemen in the conference making him a true dual threat.
    [​IMG]ASU Trey Millard 6'2 257
    80 OVR 77 SPD 92 ACC 78 AGI 71 CTH 78 CIT 72 STR
    Millard fills the role of H-Back as he'd be asked to lineup in the backfield and at TE on my team. He's talented enough to be a strong contributor at both positions as he's not vastly superior in one area but is extremely well rounded.
    Tackle
    [​IMG]WMU Matt Finnin 6'7 316
    82 OVR 82 ACC 89 BPK 84 RBK 85 STR
    Finnin's got elite size and an ideal fit for LT on this team. He's got enough strength to handle the bull rush and enough athleticism to handle a speed rush.
    [​IMG]UAB Chris Hubbard 6'5 297
    80 OVR 83 ACC 85 PBK 87 RBL 82 STR 86 RBS
    Hubbard doesn't have ideal girth for RT but he's a good mauler in the run game so I'll take him over on that side. The plus is he's an adequate enough pass blocker that you don't have to be to worried about the pass rush on either end with him and Finnin.
    Guard
    [​IMG]ASU Justin Britt 6'6 278
    86 OVR 90 PBL 86 RBL 88 STR 89 PBF 85 PBS
    Britt and Finnin form a dynamic duo on the left side in which a consistent pass rush is going to be near impossible. After David Cole Britt is easily the 2nd best player on this line.
    [​IMG]ULM Jeremy Burton 6'3 301
    75 OVR 84 PBL 88 RBL 85 STR
    Burton is a run blocker so he finishes off the line on the right side. He'd be considered a weakness on this line but in this conference on most days he'd dominate the man lined up across from him.
    Center
    [​IMG]WMU David Cole 6'3 297
    89 OVR 77 SPD 87 ACC 85 AGI 90 BKL 89 RBL 85 IBL 88 STR
    Cole is the best overall player in the conference and is a guy any team in the country would love to have directing their line. He posses so many elite traits I don't think they all need mentioning
    2013 All C-USA Defense
    Defensive End
    [​IMG]EMU James Gayle 6'4 252
    80 OVR 83 SPD 83 ACC 76 STR 80 BSH 80 TAK
    Gayle is easily the best DE in the conference. He could play the strong or weakside DE but in this defense he would line up on the weakside with his priority being to get pressure on the QB.​
    [​IMG]Kevin Shaw 6'7 223
    75 OVR 76 ACC 81 STR 85 BSH
    Shaw would line up at the strong side position and anchor the run. He doesn't have ideal bulk but his height would lead to an additional element for the QB to worry about. With Gayle lined up on the Weak Side he wouldn't have to worry about the pass rush as much.​
    Defensive Tackle
    [​IMG]UAB Nick Davidson 6'1 290
    82 OVR 87 STR 85 TAK 80 PMV
    Davidson would be the anchor of this defense with very impressive strength and a low power base. For a DT he also posses a decent pass rushing game which force the offense to give him extra attention on every down.
    [​IMG]WMU Garret Larkin 6'2 286
    80 OVR 75 ACC 89 STR 87 BSH 82 PMV
    I'd actually prefer Larkin to Davidson as Larkins OVR is held down by his low awareness. He's got slightly better size, is slightly stronger, and is a slightly better pass rushed. Regardless with these 4 guys on the defense line this group would be great against the run and provide plenty of pass rush.
    Middle Linebacker
    [​IMG]WKU Jalen Fields 6'5 264
    74 OVR 91 SPD 83 ACC 78 AGI 86 PUR
    Fields in the middle is an absolute monster between his size and speed you cannot escape him. He's not someone you can expect to cover someone man to man but we would send him at the QB on most passing downs.
    Outside Linebacker
    [​IMG]WMU Jon Newsome 6'3 225
    86 OVR 84 SPD 97 ACC 86 AGI 91 BSH 87 PUR 92 POW 84 TAK
    Newsome fly's to the ball with elite AGI and ACC for the position. He's got the ability to cover TE's and RB's as well as go after the passer. He's definitely a guy that can see all 4 downs.​
    [​IMG]WMU Paul Hazel 6'6 206
    82 OVR 84 SPD 86 ACC 78 AGI 91 BSH 84 PUR
    Hazel's thin for the position but playing on the weakside I wouldn't expect him to have to shed as many blocks as he's able to use his athletic ability to take down the ball carrier. This LB core would present matchup problems for any team as each LB is versatile and offers their unique strengths and weaknesses.​
    Corner Back
    [​IMG]MTSU Marquise Dixon 5'10 174
    76 OVR 87 SPD 88 ACC 90 AGI 88 ZCV
    Dixon is more of a zone CB but this defense didn't have much to work with at the position.​
    [​IMG]Melvin White 6'3 181
    74 OVR 89 SPD 84 AGI 89 ACC 87 ZCV
    Whit offers up decent athleticism with great length. The cornerbacks would definitely be the weakness of the defense but between the 2 safeties and the pressure the front seven would get it could be easily compensated for. It's not hard to see why most C-USA games are so high scoring after looking through the CB's in the league.​
    Free Safety
    [​IMG]CJ Barnett 6'0 191
    84 OVR 93 SPD 86 ACC 91 AGI 87 MCV 89 ZCV 88 PRC 91 PUR 90 JMP
    Barnett is an elite center fielder in the secondary as he's got the athleticism to make plays all over the field while offering decent run support.​

Strong Safety
    [​IMG]Jordan Haden 6'0 201
    87 OVR 92 SPD 99 ACC 87 AGI 88 MCV 91 ZCV 89 PUR
    What is said about Barnett pretty much goes for Haden as both are great cover guys with elite athleticism and the ability to play the run.​

2. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Well done

3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I don't see the defense? Get back to work...

4. nikpin

Done and done. Feel free to bitch about how your guy should be on the team etc, etc.

5. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Dude I'm glad i had a guy make the team period!

Great work man

6. Gyrene76

and from the looks of things, Western Michigan is stacked!!!

7. nikpin

The negroes like to come play at Western Michigan.

As far as elite talent goes Idaho, MTSU and Army were definitely at the lower end. But then some of the schools with elite talent at a few positions lacked talent anywhere else.

8. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Any list without Adam Collins is bullshit... You should at least give me Adam Carter at DE considering he's an 81 true freshman DE

9. DirtycashDylan

I thought you moved him to LB?

10. nikpin

Jalen Fields>Adam Collins.

He did move Adam Carter to OLB therefore he wasn't considered at DE.

11. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

You said the best team for one season... He's just playing LB because it best fits my team... But if it was one season, DE

12. nikpin

I couldn't properly evaluate him at DE.

13. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

you can properly evaluate my foot up your ass if you don't put one of my defenders on there...

14. Gyrene76

so much love in here....

15. nikpin

I don't want no scrub
    A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me
    Hanging out the passenger side
    Of his best friend's ride
    Trying to holler at me
    I don't want no scrub

16. DirtycashDylan

noooooo
    scruuuuuuuuub

noooooo
    scruuuuuuuuuub

17. Gyrene76

very nice improv