Nik's 2014 All-H4Y Team

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by nikpin, Dec 1, 2010.

1. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Apr 14, 2010
    If this was day 1 of the season and I had to start a team from scratch for just a single season these were the guys I'd want on my team. I'm not including transfers as several of those would have made it but they aren't eligible.

2014 All C-USA Offense

Quarter Back

[​IMG]Bryan Sixmore 6'3 188 Senior(RS)

90 OVR 89 SPD 91 ACC 87 THP 97 THA

Several good QB options this season but Sixmore combines good size with elite athleticism and accuracy. Is arm is simple above average but it's more than enough to get by against the shitty DB's in this conference.

Half Back

[​IMG]Jakhari Gore 5'10 179 Senior(RS)

86 OVR 91 SPD 99 ACC 95 AGI 86 BTK 96 ELU

Though Gore's out for the season already he still gets the nod on my team. Several RB's were rated higher but Gore has the right attributes for my offense. He's got enough speed to out run almost anybody and the ability to run between the tackles as well.

Wide Receiver

[​IMG]Jackie Williams 5'11 188 Senior(RS)

83 OVR 90 SPD 91 ACC 78 AGI 83 CTH 87 RTE 85 CIT 87 RLS

Despite the ridiculous passing #'s in this conference wide receiver isn't a deep position and Williams is head and shoulders above every one else. His one negative is height but he more than makes up for it with above average athleticism and elite hands.

[​IMG]Luke Russell 5'11 178 Senior(RS)

77 OVR 91 SPD 93 ACC 85 AGI 77 CTH

Both WR's on my team are white which is interesting to say the least. Russell made the team last year as the 2nd WR and repeats here. He really isn't a great complement to Williams as they are extremely similar. I'd probably move him into the slot in favor of a bigger outside presence as his AGI would allow him to get open against CB's easily.

Tight End

[​IMG]Gerald Johnson 6'4 260 Sophomore

78 OVR 87 SPD 75 ACC 75 CTH 79 STR

Johnson repeats as a Sophomore and I'd imagine this spot is locked in for the next 2 seasons as well. He presents a matchup problem for just about anyone and is a unique weapon as he plays like a T at TE and a WR in the passing game.

[​IMG]Trey Millard 6'2 257 Senior(RS)

82 OVR 78 SPD 93 ACC 78 AGI 72 CTH 80 CIT 83 RTE 82 RLE 73 STR

Millard fills the role of H-Back as he'd be asked to lineup in the backfield and at TE on my team. He's talented enough to be a strong contributor at both positions as he's not vastly superior in one area but is extremely well rounded.

[​IMG]Matt Finnin 6'7 316 Senior(RS)

85 OVR 83 ACC 92 BPK 86 RBK 86 STR

Finnin's got elite size and an ideal fit for LT on this team. He's got enough strength to handle the bull rush and enough athleticism to handle a speed rush.

[​IMG]Vince Palmer 6'7 288 Junior

84 OVR 81 STR 91 PBK 85 RBK 91 RBF 86 RBS

Palmer isn't a prototypical Right tackle but he's good enough to get the job done in the running game and has the ability to block like a left tackle in the passing game. A move to LT would probably suit him on next year's team.

[​IMG]Thomas Pizzurro 6'3 322 Senior(RS)

70 OVR 87 AWR 85 STR 82 IBL

Pizzurro is by far the least talented player on this team as Guard is a definite weakness in this conference. If nothing else Pizzurro has great size, strength and is the team captain. I'd probably put him at left guard as he could easily handle the lesser DT on most teams.

[​IMG]Jeremy Burton 6'3 301 Senior(RS)

79 OVR 87 PBL 91 RBL 86 STR

Burton is a run blocker so he finishes off the line on the right side. He'd be considered a weakness on this line but in this conference on most days he'd dominate the man lined up across from him.

[​IMG]David Cole 6'3 297 Senior

95 OVR 78 SPD 88 ACC 86 AGI 92 AWR 95 PBL 93 RBL 88 IBL 90 STR

Cole is the best overall player in the conference and is a guy any team in the country would love to have directing their line. He posses so many elite traits I don't think they all need mentioning

2014 All C-USA Defense

Defensive End

[​IMG]Jalen Fields 6'5 266 Senior(RS)

84 OVR 92 SPD 84 ACC 79 AGI 80 STR 86 PMV 83 BSH 88 PUR 85 POW

Fields moved from MLB to DE this off-season and makes the team at a new position. He's lining up as a strong side defensive end on this team and is stout against the run and provides an excellent pass rush. He's an elite guy despite his low OVR due to AWR​

[​IMG]Adam Carter 6'0 230 Sophomore

82 OVR 89 ACC 76 AGI 74 STR 81 TAK 88 PMV 88 FMV 83 BSH 83 PUR 82 POW

Another guy that moved from LB to DE in the off-season and an elite player who has a slightly lower OVR due to the position change. He's playing weak side DE as he's not a great run stuffer and is undersized. Will provide an elite pass rush and has the skills to beat most LT's.​

Defensive Tackle

[​IMG]Daniel Pitts 6'4 272 Senior(RS)

83 OVR 72 ACC 83 STR 85 TAK 81 FMV 87 BSH 83 POW

Pitts is versatile at DT as a pass rusher and run stopper. His elite ability to shed blocks and strength will present a problem for every RG in the league and he'd create problems in the backfield consistently.

[​IMG]John Warren 6'4 266 Junior

75 OVR 68 SPD 71 ACC 78 STR 82 FMV 83 PUR

Warren was probably the one player that made this team based more on what he has done then who he is. The 2nd defensive tackle was up for grabs and he won the Lombardi last season and has posted 21 sacks and 87 tackles in 2 seasons and 2 games which is phenomenal. His attributes don't tell the whole story.

Middle Linebacker

[​IMG]Jacob Skinner 6'2 244 Junior

84 OVR 79 SPD 97 ACC 70 AGI 87 TAK 81 PRC 88 STR

Skinner plays weakside LB on the Cajuns but I'm moving him inside to MLB. His acceleration would allow him to get to any spot between the tackles which is what I need in the 4-3. His range is limited but he's got such ability to take on blocks from O-Linemen that I'm not worried about him making a lot of tackles on the edge.

Outside Linebacker

[​IMG]Joe Davis 6'2 260 Senior(RS)

89 OVR 88 SPD 87 ACC 88 AGI 81 TAK 81 PRC 98 BSH 90 PUR 84 STR

Davis is huge and would lineup at Strong Side LB and be able to make plays on the weak side edge as he's got the Speed/Agility/Acceleration of a CB and has the ability to shed block better than anyone in the conference. Probably the best defender in the conference.​

[​IMG]Leon Henderson 6'2 240 Junior(RS)

82 OVR 89 SPD 90 ACC 84 ZCV 89 POW 82 STR

Henderson would play on the weakside and doesn't quite posses the elite skills Davis does but can still run down plays on the strong side. He's got good coverage skills as well and I'd trust him in picking up a HB or TE and is an excellent ZCV guy.​

Corner Back

[​IMG]Raheam Buxton 6'0 177 Senior(RS)

79 OVR 92 SPD 83 AGI 91 ACC 86 MCV 89 ZCV 87 PUR 85 JMP

Buxton is head and shoulders above the rest of the corners in the conference. He can lock down any receiver in the conference 1 on 1 and has the height and jumping ability to compete with all of the 6'6 WR's in the conference for jump balls. Most teams tend to avoid him all together.​

[​IMG]John Cohen 6'0 181 Junior

75 OVR 90 SPD 90 ACC 78 AGI 83 MCV 82 ZCV 80 PRS 80 PRC

For the 2nd year in a row MTSU lone player on the team is a CB. Cohen is a step down from Buxton but has good enough size/speed/agility/acceleration to be able to hold his own. His ability to press and cover in man represents a unique problem in NCAA 2011.​

Free Safety

[​IMG]Patrick Sherman 5'11 203 Sophomore(RS)

87 OVR 92 SPD 91 ACC 83 AGI 89 TAK 84 MCV 84 ZCV 84 PUR 88 PRS 95 JMP

Sherman plays SS for Army but moves to FS on this team. Safety is a weak link in this conference and Sherman and Haden are head and shoulders above everyone else. He can play CF and takes the ball away yet posses the versatility to play up against the run.​

Strong Safety

[​IMG]Jordan Haden 6'0 201 Senior(RS)

89 OVR 93 SPD 99 ACC 87 AGI 90 MCV 93 ZCV 91 PUR 89 PRC

Haden is a slightly better version of Sherman and they are basically interchangeable at the safety spots. I'd also trust Haden to move down and play CB against a teams #1 WR as he's just that good.​

• Like Like x 1
  2. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Apr 15, 2010
    Adam Collins not being on this list is a travesty...
  3. nikpin

Apr 14, 2010
    The real travesty is Adam Collins not being incarcerated.
  4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Jul 31, 2010
    Great list man, glad to see Gore, Millard, and Davis get their props...Davis is going to have to be my saving grace this year, my defense needs to step up without Gore
  5. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

Apr 14, 2010
    One thing I will say is strength seems to be low in our league... only one guy over 90 and the second strongest on the list is my OLB
  6. nikpin

Apr 14, 2010
    Yea none of us have really landed those elite guys with huge strength #'s. The guard from Kent State made the team b/c he was leaps and bounds above everyone else at that position.
  7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Feb 24, 2009
    Nice to see Jackie Williams on your list. Has actually played since he was a Freshman, and played well. Used him in the slot alot his first 2 years but now he's the man on the outside, despite his lack of vertical prowess. Haden was a transfer that missed most of his Junior season with injuries. I hope and pray he's healthy this season because he is all I have on defense.
  8. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Jul 10, 2009
    Good job. You shoulda told the DE story a little bit better imo. "Fields moved from MLB to DE this off-season and makes the team at a new position." is a little unintentionally misleading. Fields didn't make the team at DE before but this aint his first rodeo at the position. same with Carder.

9. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Apr 17, 2010
    It takes a freakin Lombardi trophey to get one player on the Nikpin team, along with a backhanded compliment. First Aggie in 2 seasons to make the Nik team.

just playin, good write up and nice choices. Warren is a beast though
  10. nikpin

Apr 14, 2010
    He barely made it. Dude's attributes aren't that great but for whatever reason he can play.
  11. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Apr 17, 2010
    Its that coaching
  12. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Jul 22, 2010
    I'm glad an army guy finally made the list. Shermans probably my only player next yr too.