Nippon|Fukuoka Hawks

Discussion in 'Team News' started by Bulldog, May 26, 2013.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

[​IMG]
    One of the 12 Nippon Professional Baseball teams, and the only team of the Kyushu area. Based in Fukuoka, its home ground is the FUKUOKA YAFUOKU! DOME. Consisting of two leagues with 6 teams each, the Hawks is a member of the Pacific League. This year will be the 83rd anniversary of its foundation. A 17-time league champion, they have also won 5 times at the Nippon Series. Four former Major Leaguers are members of the team: Falkenborg, Peña, Padilla, and LaHair. Let's Go Hawks!
    [​IMG]
    All news for the Hawks will be posted here.​

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bulldog

February 4th, 2021
    [​IMG] Fukuoka Hawks: Signed SS Sotatsu Kiyomizu to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $990,000.

[​IMG] Fukuoka Hawks: Signed 3B Meiji Nakamura to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $1,200,000.

[​IMG] Fukuoka Hawks: Signed C Nobuatsu Sugimoto to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $450,000.

[​IMG] Fukuoka Hawks: Signed SP Ikki Kurota to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $4,500,000.

Last edited: May 26, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bulldog

Monday February 8th, 2021

Fukuoka Hawks: Signed free agent CL Lenny Linsky to a 3-year contract worth a total of $840,000.​
    CL Lenny Linsky.PNG
    CL Lenny Linsky 2.PNG CL Lenny Linksy 3.PNG

4. Bulldog

Thursday February 11th, 2021

Fukuoka Hawks: Signed SS Shinzo Yoshida to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $4,500,000.​
    SS Shinzo.PNG
    SS Shinzo BR.PNG SS Shinzo FR.PNG SS Shinzo info.PNG

5. Bulldog

Friday February 26th, 2021

Fukuoka Hawks: Signed MR Ton Sato to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,200,000.​
    P Ton Sato.PNG P Ton Sato PR.PNG P Ton Sato FR.PNG P Ton Sato info.PNG

6. Bulldog

Tuesday March 2nd, 2021

Fukuoka Hawks: Signed free agent MR Jose Ceda to a 1-year contract worth a total of $600,000.​
    P Jose Ceda.PNG P Jose Ceda PR.PNG P Jose Ceda PR2.PNG P Jose Ceda info.PNG

7. Bulldog

4/5/2021

At the age of 33, Shinzo Yoshida might have some potential he hasn't realized yet -- if his success at the plate last week is any indication. The Fukuoka shortstop put up some exceptional numbers the past seven days with a .333 batting average. For his efforts Yoshida collected the Pacific League Player of the Week Award.

He racked up 10 hits in 30 at-bats, 4 home runs and 7 RBI's last week in 6 games.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bulldog

4/22/2021

[​IMG]
    A blow for Meiji Nakamura today -- team doctors confirmed he suffered a setback in his recovery from a torn meniscus. The Hawks third basemen is now projected to miss at least 2-3 weeks.

This year Nakamura has hit at a .176 clip with 3 hits, no home runs, 0 RBI's and 1 run scored.

[​IMG]
    Hawks second basemen Soshu Murayama was hurt running the bases during today's Swallows game and suffered knee tendinitis. He will be laid up about 4 weeks.

In his season totals Murayama has 1 home run, .294 BA, .378 OBP, 11 RBI's and 15 runs scored. He has played in 27 games.

[​IMG]
    Earlier today Fukuoka closer Tsuyoshi Shibata had to leave the game against Tokyo because of an injury. Team officials are reporting that he has a fractured coracoid bone in his shoulder and will miss 5-6 months of play. Shibata was hurt throwing a pitch and was unable to continue playing. He will be evaluated this afternoon by team physicians.

Thus far this season Shibata has registered 13 relief appearances, worked 11 innings, struck out 8 and issued 3 walks. He has 8 saves with a 3.27 ERA and a 0-2 won-lost mark.

9. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Damn those Swallows under OMlawdog really did a number on your players. Must be those extra curricular activities in Tokyo.......

10. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

My guys are a bunch of Biters Fighters. They don't let things go down without a fight.

11. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Sucked ya dry Bulldog

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bulldog

:ROFLMAO:

13. Bulldog

5/03/2021

[​IMG]
    The #1 hitter in the Pacific League was Fukuoka center fielder Noritada Kouki. He was selected player of the week. During the week Kouki banged out a .417 batting average(10-24), 2 home runs, 5 runs batted in and scored 3 runs. This year Kouki is batting .302 with 32 hits and 7 home runs. He has scored 17 times and batted in 17 runs.

14. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Out of curiosity how did you get the small picture of Kouki to appear? Anytime I cut and paste in paint after taking a screen shot it always has a huge white background.

15. Bulldog

copy and paste from statslab

• Like Like x 1
  16. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Bulldog Gavin Floyd threw a gem against me:facepalm:

17. Bulldog

lol I saw that. He's working out really well for me, Cruz is doing okay as well.

18. Bulldog

5/18/2021

[​IMG]
    Hawks extend MR Gavin Floyd's contract for 3 years for a total of $600,000. Here is what Floyd had to say about it.
    "I'm nearing the end of my career, but it was awful good of you to respect that and give me a decent contract offer of $200,000. I'm just thankful that I am playing Nippon Professional Baseball League -- caliber baseball, and that the money is there for me to play it."