Nippon League Top 10 Players and Preseason Predictions

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, May 25, 2013.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Although it is way too early to disagree with OOTP, they always publish their top player list. Time to take a look at the top players in the NBL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SS Tsuruki "Graveyard" Hirai (Tohuku Golden Eagles)

After perusing some of the rosters in the NBL, I have to agree with this pick as the best hitter in the league. "Graveyard" plays a demanding position at SS and fields his position well. At only 26 he should be in the league for quite some time. Excellent contact, gap and eye, combined with ++ Speed makes him a threat anywhere in the lineup. He doesn't have any power at all, so if he has a weakness... that's it.

[​IMG]

SP Tadayoshi "Grit" Sasaki (Seibu Lions)

At only 24 years old, Sasaki is one of the best pitchers in the World. He dominates with 95+ MPH stuff highlighted by a nasty sinker. There is zero to not like about this guy, and he is a legitimate contender for the Eiji Sawamura Award.

[​IMG]

CF Shiba "Short Circuit" Tanabe (Hiroshima Carp)

The 27 year old Tanabe is one of the best power hitters in the league. Although he won't hit for a very high average, I expect him to get on base a lot. He doesn't strike out and has + plate discipline. He also adds excellent speed and solid range in the OF. He is error prone, and may be better served on the corners, but I agree with this pick.
    [​IMG]

SP Matsuta "Three Fingers" Yamaguchi (Chibu Dragons)

The 34 year old "Ace" of the Dragons has one of the best arsenals in the league. 4 Plus pitches all with solid movement and pinpoint control. The Dragons have to hope they can get a few more years out of this guy.

[​IMG]

LF Kinnosuke "Whale" Sugimoto (Yomiuri Giants)

The 22 year old Sugimoto is going to be a force for YEARS in the NBL. He has explosive power and gets the bat on the ball consistently. He also adds plus speed and will be a real threat for the Giants. Unfortunately... his glove leaves a lot to be desired. So expect him to stay in LF or perhaps move to DH.

[​IMG]

SP Jou "Swin" Motonishi (Seibu Lions)

The 39 year "Swin" has found the fountain of youth. He makes an excellent combo with the youngster Sasaki, but the Lions have to longer how long he will be around? There is nothing not to like about this guy except his age.
    [​IMG]

RF Shirai Sana (Tokyo Swallows)

32 year old Shirai Sana has an excellent power/eye combo which makes him very dangerous. Defensively, although he can play all OF positions and on the corners, he does not excel at any of them. He has no speed and is a prototypical DH

[​IMG]

SP Eiichi "Puke" Yamaguchi (Hokkaido Ham Fighters)

33 year old Yamaguchi has one of the best fastballs in the NBL that tops out at 97 MPH. He is a pure strikeout pitcher and can be prone to the long ball. Overall though, he is an excellent SP.
    [​IMG]

2B Atsumori "Lurch" Samurakami (Fukuoka Hawks)

The 37 year old "Lurch" is on the downside of his career. He still has ++ speed, but defensively, he is thought of to be a liability. Solid contact and eye, he will get on base and score for you, but the question remains... where does he play?

[​IMG]

SP Morie "Lil' Abner" Onodera (Chiba Marines)

22 Year Old Onodera could quite possibly be better than any of the pitchers ranked higher than him outside of Sasaki. This kid would fetch a fortune in the Majors, and this is a guy for the Marines to build around.

• Like Like x 11
  2. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Great content, Jesse. It'll be interesting to see what kind of contract these guys demand. I know Zach said Samurakami is requesting an insane contract, so he'll be up for grabs if any MLB team wants him.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

2021 NPB Predictions:
    2021NPB.PNG 2021NPB2.PNG

• Like Like x 3
  4. PAgamer07

Nice job Ty :)

Forgot all about those.

5. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Was just about to post this.

6. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Well my team look like it's in for a good season lol not

7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I certainly would take a first place finish, I'm actually shocked to not see Saikawa on the list of the top players in the league, who happens to be on the trade block at the moment. Dude puts up amazing numbers and is the anchor along with Harada as the anchors of my lineup hopefully between those two and the solid pitching we can make some things happen in Hokkaido and live up to that first place prediction in a seriously tough league.

Some announcements should be coming out of Hokkaido soon so stay tuned for that (y)

8. I Peench

69 wins for the Eagles...but 200 stolen bases!

9. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Cannot believe that my team is predicted to finish second. I have a decent team, I've but the second lowest payroll with only one star player. Hopefully the mass of good but not great players will work over a superstar.

10. PAgamer07

[​IMG]

CF Shiba "Short Circuit" Tanabe (Hiroshima Carp)

The 27 year old Tanabe is one of the best power hitters in the league. Although he won't hit for a very high average, I expect him to get on base a lot. He doesn't strike out and has + plate discipline. He also adds excellent speed and solid range in the OF. He is error prone, and may be better served on the corners, but I agree with this pick.

This guy has 13 HR through 22 games. Holy Hell...

• Like Like x 3
  11. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Yeah dude is definitely going crazy in Hiroshima, must be all the left over radiation helping him. I want him tested!

12. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Send him to Pittsburgh. PAgamer07 likes to give his players PEDs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Highest payroll, last place!

• Like Like x 3
  14. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

I'm shocked he is doing so well and the team overall is playing well!

15. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

WOW, Devastating news for the Carp. 4-5 months for a concussion? We talkin 'bout a concussion, not a game, not a game, a concussion!?

17. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Great news for everyone that has to face the Carp this dude at .355 and 22 HR's was on an absolute tear this year. Huge blow to the Carp tho (inuendo in honor of OMlawdog and his Swallows)

18. I Peench

• Like Like x 2