Nippon Playoffs

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by I Peench, Jun 22, 2013.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Just thought I'd give a breakdown of the playoff structure in the NBL, as it's pretty unique.

2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I wish I was able to do that. Unfortunately, my customization options for the playoffs are not that extensive. So who makes the playoffs then you ask?

The division winners. That's it. A best of 7 between the top two teams.

3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Ahh gotcha

4. PAgamer07

In reality, I like it that way. It's old school and rewards you for winning your division. Not a fan of wildcards in a 162 game season.

• Like Like x 1
  5. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

well looks like my owner wont be happy

6. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Here is a crazy thought process but what about doing a 1 vs 2 cross division playoffs? Division winner of Pacific plays #2 Central and vice versa, winners go on to play for Japanese title with division winner having home advantage for series and in the japanese title the team with the best record gets home advantage. It would allow for some more interesting post season for the Nippon league and be a good driving force for both sides for some good rivalries too.

Gives Nippon 2 rounds of playoffs and helps generate some more revenue and thus rewards teams that make the playoffs with more revenue.

7. PAgamer07

Negative.. Were only doing the division winners. Its a very small league, not every douche should make the playoffs.

8. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Just a suggestion figured 2 teams out of the division wasnt a ton but no problem just trying to come up with some ideas thats all reward teams that play well throughout the year.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

You mean like the majority of sports do anyway? Drives me nuts in professional sports.

10. PAgamer07

Me too! Drives me crazy. A 162 game season should reward guys who win their division because anything can happen in the playoffs once you put wildcards in.

11. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

What's with all the hate? I get that Adolf Rockwell here is old enough to have seen the days when only division winners made it. Not sure about you Timpegoose

12. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:

Better not see any wild cards in the MLB next season then.

13. PAgamer07

30>14

14. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    And more divisions with less teams per. 7>5

• Like Like x 1
  15. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

4 out of 14 making the playoffs is a ratio 28%
    (Currently formatted 2 out of 14 is around 14%
    10 out of 30 making the playoffs is a ratio of 33.3%

Something tells me Nippon with 4 teams in makes it a better ratio for the Nippon guys and gives us some interest as we head towards the end of the season as we'll all be sitting around after our one series is over waiting for MLB reg season and playoffs to go before any type of FA or anything so least extends us a little long with 2 rounds and gives people something to fight for at the end of the year. Just stating our case to add a little more excitement to the league over in Nippon and give teams that make the playoffs some extra revenue and reward the teams that make it to the playoffs. Even doing a 5 game series first round and Japanese Title as a 7 would make it quicker for time wise but more excitement and rewarding for the Nippon guys to fight for the playoff spots. (y)

Just one mans opinion and mathematics to break it down for everyone.

• Like Like x 5
  16. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Mathematics.... Pfffffttt... Just another science of the devil.