Nippon | Yamato Samurai Reds

Discussion in 'Team News' started by electrickeeper, Oct 24, 2013.

1. electrickeeper

electrickeeper Be Massive, My Friend

Yamato Hopes New Manager gives Samurai Reds Fighting Spirit

Yamato owner Masaharu Hayashi held a press conference yesterday announcing the signing of American manager Josh Hoff.

With the second highest payroll in the league, Yamato's season did not match the expectations, and Hayashi felt it was time for a clubhouse change. "I could not handle disappointing our fans for yet another season. The underachieving has taken its toll on all of us, and it's time for a change," said the owner.

This is Hoff's first managerial job, yet he is confident that even though he's the new guy, he can get the Samurai Reds on the right track and playing for a playoff spot in the years to come. "It's going to be tough, that's for sure. We kind of dug ourselves hole, but I can guarantee that we will do everything we can to make a late push towards the playoffs. This is a fantastic ballclub with many resources and a fanbase that is second to none. I plan to utilize these resources to get us to the point where were competing not only for a playoff spot, but for titles every season."

The Samurai Reds finish their series with Hokkaido, then travel to Hanshin and Orix to finish out this week.

• Like Like x 2
  2. electrickeeper

electrickeeper Be Massive, My Friend

Congratulations to our two award-winning Samurai Reds!
    Masato Ishikawa was named the Rookie of the Year after hitting 29 HR and 104 RBI.

Reijiro "Joe E." Terada was named the 2B of the Year with a .992 fielding percentage and only 4 errors.