Nittany News!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Eyeke, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Hello and welcome to the first of many weekly reports coming to you straight from Happy Valley!

Eyeke Yrrep has taken over as the head coach of a scrappy Penn State team, after the tragic but expected death of the great Joe Paterno, following a blow-out loss to Ohio State. Coach Eyeke held a short press conference earlier today:

"Thanks everyone, just wanted to take a quick moment to tell everyone some changes that will be taking place before I stop by Coach's funeral.

We will be running a triple option attack this season. We will be moving starting tailback Brandon Beachum to fullback in our veer based offense. He will still be our primary ballcarrier but we want to make sure that our outstanding depth at tailback all see playtime. Juniors Silas Redd and Curtis Dukes are excited for their chance to get major carries and provide outside speed.

Don't sleep on our passing game though, with potential All-Americans Devon Smith and Curtis Drake out there. They've shown great energy at practice and are really picking up on the blocking needed from them.

We'll be rotating QBs between starter Bolden and sophomore back up Jones. Mainly to keep them fresh but also to make sure our system is prepared if there's issues.

This may become our permanent offense but we will at least use it this season, and evaluate our talent next year. This move is mainly being done to try to control time of possession issues and keep our vulnerable defense off the field."

Thanks

2. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Michigan game:

I will not be taking questions this week, rather providing a prepared statement.
    Michigan won this game. We certainly did things to lose it but they capitalized on them and that's what good teams do. Michigan's defense was all over us, seeming to know when we were passing no matter what down, and our all American combo of qb and WR were no match for their secondary, throwing four INTs. Running game went okay bit there's work to be done. That's expected with a new offense.

Michigan's Quarterbacks were amazing, often scrambling 30 yards on the backfield before throwing bombs. Seems no matter how much I blitzed I couldn't get to them, and if I didn't blitz they'd stand 15 yards deep in the pocket and wait til a receiver came back for ball. We also had a problem containing their inside slot receiver in spread sets and lost contain on pitch back after wrapping up QB. All things to learn from, guess I'll have to have our scout O run more of these plays so we're prepared for them going forward.

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

He was scrambling around and chunking down field? And dropping back 15 yards to pass the ball?

Eyeke ... Just for future reference that is notmconsidered sim. We play the game realistcly like u would see on Saturday. If u feel someone is abusing the games flaws u need to let the commisioner know

4. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

I lost the game but I wasn't happy with that stuff. I threw four bad picks that don't make sense and gave up on run game too early. I uploaded some Plays to EA but I'm posting from phone. Scrambling QBs are hard to play against. No biggy.

5. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

BK, Eyeke let me know and I viewed the footage and got RW's statement on the situation. I also made a video in a Post "League Meeting".

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

i see ..didnt realize that this had even been brought up. ...dont mind me lol

7. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

always appreciate the help BK. [​IMG]

8. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Penn State really smashed illinois today to ruin their homecoming game. PSU put up 350 yards on the ground and went 6 for 6 in the red zone while forcing turnovers or 4th down stops to shut out Illinois. Coach eyeke's run game is really coming along with a two QB rotation and about 5 backs seeing quality time.

9. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Regular season ended with a win. The option is coming together nicely and things look good for next year, assuming everyone on offense returns. Hoping to get into the top 10 by the final poll and try to get some offseason recruiting snags.
    Triple option offense is going to be a monster next season.