No cpu games!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigmandy54, Jan 23, 2010.

1. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

No cpu games!

Mags i hope you check some games that have no owners cause there should be subs not cpu playing this games.

last week 49ers had cpu game hey said he had a sub but he had no post game so this week already Bucs owner had a cpu game or did he get a sub
    again there is no post of this game and bronco's owner is looking for the KC owner but there is none and he is saying he would play cpu games!

I hope there is sub games for this owner and not cpu cause there are rules and i hope there are in force.......(y)

2. scarface

scarface Walk On

As far as I know you can play the CPU if the RC or Mags gives approval.
    always been like that in MEGA, but needed approval first.

3. scarface

scarface Walk On

05.03 - Playing the CPU
    There may be instances where teams play the CPU (open team or as a 'sub' for an owner). We expect the same gameplay in these games as if you were playing a regular opponent. You will be allowed to start the game no more than 3 times once you are approved to play the CPU. Box scores will be examined. Any instances of stat padding, unusual game stats or other possible violations will be noted and penalties may occur.

4. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

There was a recent thread - by MAGS - that stated owners need to use subs when they are playing a cpu opponent. Said the penalty would be the benching of players for violations.

And seeing as there are plenty of guys willing to sub for people why would anyone need to play a cpu game except to get an easy W?

Now I understand needing to play CPU when your opponent doesnt show up or respond to game schedule threads and an owner may need to get game in last minute - but if Mandy is correct and guys are playing cpu opponents as soon as week is advanced that does not make any sense other than getting easy wins.

This is also why owners should write up game summaries - they can be short and sweet - so that MAGS and RC can verify that games are being played against human opponents unless they have given prior approval.

Lastly - with tiebreakers determined by alphbetical order and the NFC full of teams with 1 and 2 losses each game is important and each owner should play by same rules as the rest. I don't know if Mandy is correct or not, but I do notice the things like no game recaps and owners not responding to schedule threads, etc and it didn't seem like those were issues season 1.

BTW - tried to find the thread where Mags stated to not play CPU games and that owners who did would have to sit players, but couldn't.

5. scarface

scarface Walk On

I am not saying it SHOULD be done I am just saying it COULD be done under certain circumstances.

6. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

7. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

First off before you guys start making accusations, you should probably check with Mags to see if he authorized playing the CPU. Just because you do some detective work and don't see a game summary, doesnt mean a guy just played the CPU on his own.

I had authorization to play the CPU and didnt post a game summary afterwards because honestly, whats the point? I posted after every game last season and I played the CPU a lot. There's not a lot of motivation for playing the CPU other than making sure all the games are played and it's no need for me to toot my own horn.

I think you guys are on the wrong track here. Mags is usually on top of things and if there is an issue, he has it under control.

8. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

And there arent plenty of guys around thats willing to sub. I posted for subs two different weeks and asked a few owners to sub, and basically I had to play the CPU in week 7 and found a last minute sub by Chrisdan in week 9.

Tank you are the only one that would try to sub for me based on your schedule and we just never hooked up. Thanks again for offering. Other owners had other plans and most just didnt answer at all so dont say there are plenty of owners willing to sub. Besides I wasn't going to play a sub that was on my schedule later in the season. Just clarifying that it sounds good and we have 30 owners but guys are not always available like you two have stated.

9. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

My only opinion on the matter is owners should make an effort to find a sub and follow scheduling protocol.

You made obvious attmpts to find sub owner.

No biggie to me :)

And I am sorry if it comes across that I am accusing owners - I am not. I can't and don't speak for Mandy. He is another hot headed Cuban!

As said above - my main issue is guys getting games in on time and following scheduling protocol. IMO a game summary can be written stating played game against CPU and approved by MAGS/RC to keep guys from making the wrong assumptions.

I've been on a bye week and am just itching to play.......

BTW - I DO miss your weekly previews. Those were great!

10. adross33

adross33 Walk On

BigMandy needs to just take a breath .. I don't think anyone enjoys playing the CPU .. if we did .. well, we'd likely just play off-line against the CPU on our own .. wouldn't we?

As for subs .. for the most part Lou is correct ... there are only a few guys who can just run a game whenever they like ... some have jobs and/or family things going on and getting the game in some weeks can take some juggling ...

And ... there's no glory in beating the CPU for anyone ... unless the CPU has there cheese headgear on and make big play after big play .. anyway ... You all make good points, but in the end .. if Mags gives the green light in an effort to keep the week/league moving ... then we'll have to live with CPU games from week to week ...

So, put away the tinfoil hat ... there's no secret "easy win" conspiracy Mandy ... just guys with busy lives playing in a league .. trying to schedule weekly games around .. school, work, American idol and Grey's Anatomy .....

11. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

GUYS JUST READ WHAT MAGS POST THAT IS ALL I SAID!

12. scarface

scarface Walk On

No offense mandy but I would recommend people follow the rule book.

13. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

My only regret is showing Mandy how to use the forums :p:dance nana: