No Custom Playbooks for Online Franchise

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Keller, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'll understand if anyone wants to drop due to this absolutely shocking development.

Rush has already resigned upon hearing the news - expect BBJ to take over the Cowboys.

2. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I expected this. I have a "dont get my hopes up" approach to Madden.

Madden has continually dissappointed in some aspect every year.

I was a NFL2k series fan before EA became the only player in town. Madden has come a long way since then, but it seems that every year they do not address the hardcore gamers' request and satisfy the casual user.

Regardless, it is still the best NFL football game we can play right now, and this is the best league to play with, so I am still in no matter what.

• Like Like x 1
  3. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

It don't bother me I called this back when it was announced.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

I don't use CP in NCAA...didn't plan on using them here

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

good

6. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Just ready to get this started.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Over no custom playbooks?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Can anybody say over-dramatic?

[​IMG]

Consider a good thing you dont have to monitor for 32 coaches....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Keller

Its a terrible thing when you lose guys because of it.

10. Iron Mickey

Eh, move on. Too fun of a game to quit over that.

11. Keller

I disagree - its nearly the same game as last year. If not for the TMFL I wouldn't be buying it either.

12. Iron Mickey

I think you should quit.

13. Keller

Lol - thanks for the advice.

14. Iron Mickey

Well with those type comments above it sounds like you are forcing Madden 12 upon yourself...

Be a real man and quit you pussy!

15. Keller

You've never been a real man a day in your life.

16. Iron Mickey

lmao

17. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Its not ONLY because of custom playbooks, its everything else. Online Franchise has been UNTOUCHED for 3 years. You guys are basically playing Madden 10 OF with updated rosters. Im fed up with it and they are not getting my money until they make the game better in all areas. Custom Playbooks was the only thing I had to look forward too in the game, and when I found out you could not use them in OF then that pushed me over the edge.

I don't know about all of you guys but I buy the game for OF. And when it is the exact same thing every year then whats the point? More people should do what Im doing, and maybe just maybe if there sales dip enough they would get off their lazy asses. Because as you all know EA has a monopoly with Madden and their is no competition, and as long as everyone keeps buying the game every year then they will continue to get their money and totally not give a shit. You gotta draw the line at some point and just say no.

18. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Not the monopoly and no competition argument again... everyone plays the same tired card, convenient excuse.

Now I am disappointed in no custom playbooks and some of the other things not added in OF this year as well. But this is mostly important for guys like us, most of their customers dont use OF. Having a made up monopoly (actually a licensing agreement to a brand that the majority of companies including the NFL commonly use) and misconceived no competition is not the reason why we dont have custom playbooks in OF.

19. Iron Mickey

Alot of stuff with Gameplay is bettern in Madden NFL 12 than '11 & '10

And I don't see how you say that Franchise is not improved, full online franchise can be performed now through League Manager. Last time I checked you could not do that with previous versions unless you did it the hard way.

20. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Mustang, NO competition hurts Madden and is preventing it from getting better from year to year. Getting a NFL license agreement to where no other gaming company can make NFL games makes it a monopoly. BackBreaker is never going to compete with Madden because of this. You need competition in everything. If there was another company making NFL games and they brought out custom playbooks last year for all game modes and had a better online franchise and overall better game, then Madden sales would decrease and they would be forced to make necessary changes to the game and I guarantee we would have custom pb's in OF. But since their is no one out their to challenge them then the can do whatever they want. They could actually not change a damn thing about the game besides rosters updates each year and people would still buy the game because it is the only game in town.

21. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

The gameplay may be slightly better, but NCAA is still light years better. The game still feels like Madden and there is no big differences.

22. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I believe that is a gross misconception. Their biggest limiting factor is time. they have a year window. They pick out things they think they can fit in within a years dev time, and then hope there isnt a bunch of hiccups. They base these things on what the majority of fans want, who are the casuals not us, and then sometimes we get thrown a bone as well. They compete against all games and for gamers money in general. When they have a buggy game, or a not fun game, or leave out features guys like you and I want, they lose out on sales in general or to other games. They know they have to improve each year, and they dont willingly leave stuff out or are lazy by any means. Its all about priorities and what they can fit into a yearly release cycle. If what you say is true, why get with MLM, why make online franchise at all, or for NCAA who also has a 'monopoly' as well, why make such a robust OD experience (current bugs aside)? NBA Live did have competition and it sucked.

2k was hurting on sales anyway and signed their own death warrant with a 20$ 2k5. License agreement or no, there is a good chance there would be no other NFL game right now anyway.

Now if you want to discuss the merits of a 2 year release cycle that would be a good one. However, they dont have much incentive to do that when it sells so well on a yearly cycle.

23. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

The game is fun and totally different for me. I don't see how Custom Playbooks would be a deal breaker? Just because you can't add all your cheese counters and drag routes? lame.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Keller

My argument:

How many Madden buyers out there are real fans and like their team? I mean THEIR team. I'd wager a good majority - though I obviously am just making an educated guess. I feel like most guys who play Madden are fans of the NFL and furthermore have A team. Given the nature of most NFL fans can't we then assume that a good portion of guys who play both Online ranked games AND offline franchise games prefer to play it with their #1 team? I think that is a pretty safe assumption. Now - will Browns fans play with the Jets in order to compete with a team like the Eagles? Sure - but thats not the point. The point I'm trying to make is what would they prefer. If you're like me, and you think they would PREFER to play with THEIR team, then keep reading.

Now - lets think logically. I'm a gamer. I prefer playing with my team. Lets say I'm a Bills fan or 49ers fan or Seahawks fan or ANY rebuild-mode team fan. Hey, that's my team; they aren't very good but that's my team. I'm like the majority of Madden gamers - I play online ranked games and fiddle around every now and again with offline franchise and madden ultimate team. I prefer to play with my team but lets be honest, they suck, and I hate losing all the time. In my opinion, the logical thing to do is give these players some game mode where they can still play with their team AND play in a ranked/competitive environment AND have the opportunity to make their team better. Huh - I wonder what game mode that would be.

Instead, Online Franchise is a joke and there is literally no support for it so I toil away playing ranked games with the Steelers and Jets and Patriots. Gee what fun.

IMO, the argument that Online Franchise has been untouched since Madden 10 due to $$$ or statistics that show that most players dont use the game mode is crap. The module itself is crap and thus no one plays it. If you're an NFL fan - which I would wager the majority of Madden players are - why wouldn't you want to take YOUR team and craft them to YOUR liking.

Am I biased - sure. I just don't see how you could see it any other way.

• Like Like x 3
  25. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

The yearly cycle is not a valid excuse. It's not like they are redoing the game engine every year. The take last years game and make tweaks. If they cannot get everything done in one year then they need to get a bigger team of people working on the game. One year is more than enough time, but they would need a reason to do this, like another NFL game that is better that is taking their sales. They are not going to throw in all of their ideas and changes into one years game when they can spread it out and make people wait over time. That's smart business when you have a lock on the shit. The whole, we don't have enough time is bullshit.