No huddle in the game.

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by bfruchey, Jul 12, 2010.

1. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

No huddle in the game.

Just playing some exhibition games and noticed the no-huddle is used quite a bit. Has anyone talked about how this might be used by users? I know in the past it was used sparingly and only like within 2 min.

2. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I think if you are running different plays it should be allowed as that is what teams do in real life.

3. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i would have to imagine it'll be OK. granted that's having not actually played the real version of the game or seen if there's any cheddar related to the no huddle.

The big problem with using the no huddle in previous years was how it was implemented in game. For starters you only had a handful of plays to choose from. So running those same six plays repeatedly is by definition unsim.

It also gave you too much of an advantage over the defense who had the same six plays to choose from. So if you were say running with your QB every play and the defense didn't happen to have a spy play audibled, they were SOL.

The new version of no huddle fixes both of these. Both sides have their entire playbook available for a given formation, so the play part isn't an issue. The offense can keep the defense on the field, but the fatigue works both ways and keeping a tired D on the field also keeps you from subbing in a fresh RB.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

As Michigan, I'll be using the no huddle probably 90% of the time. This is my favorite new feature that they've added to the game this year (even more than locomotion, 120 ways to win, dynasty wire, etc).
    Actually, both sides have their entire playbook available for all formations.

5. Koach Vonner

Koach Vonner Walk On

I love it and use just as we do as a High School Coach. This is the best new feature to me. However after an incomplete pass, knocked out of bounds, sack, tackle for a loss, most teams re-group.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I saw first example of no huddle that annoyed me in a CPU game. Alabama got a 4th and inches on my goal line D and then I was stuck with my goal line personnel on the field. I burned a timout rather than risk getting beat deep. Not saying it was unsim, it was just annoying.

7. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I love this feature...

I prefer to see it used only w/momentum, just as Koach Vonner said.

That's how I try to use it.

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I agree it should be allowed but this is the toughest thing about it. I don't see a way to figure out the formation the offense is coming out in, in time to call a corresponding defense...but I guess it doesn't matter if the personnel is the same.

9. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

How many teams actually no huddle IRL? OU uses their version of no huddle, the "Meerkat Offense". Who else? Not many and definitely not every team in the game. So why is CPU Miami of Ohio and CPU Ball State no huddling on me half the game?

10. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

auburn does

11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

If you think that not many teams run no huddle (I'm not sure of your definition of "not many") then I think you'd be surprised at just how many schools run this in real life.

12. DirtycashDylan

"not many" in perspective of 120. Every CPU team I've played (week 10 in a MAC dynasty) has used it at some point. The whole point of OU's no huddle is not only keeping D personnel on the field but changing their offensive personnel to different positions: TE Jermaine Gresham and RB Demarco Murray had the ability to slide out to slot WR and the FB to RB and you go from an I Form to a 4 WR Shotgun.

Miami of Ohio doesn't have the talent to do that kind of thing.

Help me out. Who else in CF runs entire drives using no huddle?

13. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

In the MAC - Toledo, Central Michigan, BGSU, and Ball State all run the spread no-huddle. I don't get to see many of the MAC East games, so I'm not sure on that division.

14. DirtycashDylan

Don't I know you? What was your rivals name again? I just posted a similar question over there and here is what a guy said who had bought the book:

Aggressive:

Arizona State
    Auburn
    Central Michigan
    Cincinnati
    ECU
    Florida Atlantic
    Houston
    Louisiana Tech
    Mid Tennessee State
    Missouri
    New Mexico