No Huddle Offense/Hurry Up

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Experience

This is an issue I need to address.

Regarding No Huddle:

If you plan on running the no huddle, you MUST do it the entire drive. Not start to middle, not middle to end. Start to finish. No huddle is an offensive scheme and realistically teams would run it the ENTIRE game. The only time they huddle is if the clock is stopped due to an incompletion or ball goes out of bounds. Huddling to recover from a sack or TFL is acceptable. Obviously timeouts force a huddle but I'm covering my bases here.

Regarding Hurry Up:

Should only be used at the end of the halves, I've stated this in the rules already.

Any questions about No Huddle, ask Guru jello1717. He will gladly go into depth about the differences between the two.

I'm only trying to make this realistic. Basis was the same way with the no huddle for you Experience members who were around when he was commish.

• Like Like x 2
  2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I didn't know that if you get sacked/TFL that you still hurry up. Noted.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

I would huddle but a sack/TFL does not technically stop the clock so I guess you wouldn't have to but it sure would take a while to get everyone to the line.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

In real life no huddle teams never huddle, but they still change personnel when they need to (IE. they're in 3 WR and end up with 3rd and 10, they'll switch to 4 or 5 WR). In real life when they do this, the ref stands over the ball long enough to let the D also substitute (but of course if the O doesn't sub, the ref won't stop the O from huddling if the D tries to sub).

In this game, there is no mechanism for changing personnel except to huddle, so no huddle teams should be huddling:
    • After an incompletion (they don't huddle then in real life, but it's fair in our game to force us to huddle then).
    • After a decent (2+ yard) loss (see above)
    • When they need to change personnel (which will usually be after #1 or #2 above anyway)