No-Huddle Offense Vote

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Nov 10, 2011.

?

Should we allow the no-huddle offense to be used in this league?

Poll closed Nov 17, 2011.
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

gwill
    Kasper
    Oshiomogho
    pnc
    Tschetter2
    The Natural
    hornfaninbama
    gtstang86
    Philstyle3005
    JQwon13
    mcyork

^^ Sorry for all the tags, but I thought we should all vote on this one. If 66% or more of us vote yes to allow it, the motion will pass (lol). If this does become legal in the league, you must of course use the 'no-huddle' offense as sim as possible, as you would anything else (i.e. allowing your opponent to change defensive formations if needed, and getting set before you snap the ball; varying your play calling, etc.)

2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

results are coming in... whoever actually voted

I dont know many people who use hurry up. it isnt effective IMO so i really dont care. If you are playing against a hurry up user, you just keep more secondary out there to be ready for the pass and not fatigue as fast. Of course it helps the offense. if you can run a few plays in a row, it may tire the defense enough to force subs and even if you are forced to use a backup HB, it is a smaller drop off then most backup DL or LBs.
    as far as I would imagine, thats the only real advantage. I dont run hurry up, but I run a very fast paced game. I know what play type i want and I find them fast and get to the next play but i use the playcalling screen.

anyone have any better reason to run hurry up? If the defense calls a 3-4 defense when you have 4 WRs, I dont think you should be able to run hurry up if it isnt in your normal gameplan. That is when things become more like cheese. but if you are a hurry up team, someone should expect you to do that and they screw themselves

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

no fags use hurry up

• Like Like x 1
  4. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

You know what I think is cheese and I will probably get shit for this but people who use cornerbacks with dreads come on man that shit is unacceptable Oh and the biggest cheesers out there are the fucking aholes who use teams like WAKE FOREST those are true dick lickers as far as I am concerned.
    GOOD NIGHT NOW!!!

5. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Personally, I voted for it. I don't use hurry up as my base offense, but I know there are times where I like to run a fast paced game because I feel like my defense is better than my offense, so the quicker I can score, the better. That's just me though.

And if it doesn't get voted, what if you're down big in the 4th, are you allowed to use hurry up?

6. fuzzyl0gic

It looks like that was a resounding NO. Thanks for voting everyone.

7. fuzzyl0gic

Hurry-up offense is fine for 2-minute drills and when down big in the 4th, this vote was to allow the no-huddle offense to be used all game.

8. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

I know it's used by some teams in real life but it just seems like a crutch in the game for me, and it's annoying as hell to play against.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I don't think it's that bad long as it's done right. Me personally, if I run no huddle it's just to change plays though I don't change formations and I always give my opponent time to line up. I use more so to make my opponent have to think quickly, because most people when they see no huddle, get in a rush on defense and make more mistakes. Then again, I'm in the spread no matter what team I play with so I'm sure my play style is going to be different from anyone that doesn't run spread.

But I didn't really run the no huddle last season so the rule doesn't effect me. Was just throwing my 2 cents out there for whoever wanted to read it haha

10. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

what I hate is the offsides that I get from my linemen who cannot get back onsides its bull shit fatass OL sprint to the line and your DL men get caught offsides

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

FUCKING THIS --- very very very very very very very frustrating.

12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I've run it on occasion, but I never change formations. And I don't try and catch people offsides. If I'm running I Form, and the defense comes out in Dime or something, then I like to go no huddle and exploit that. But I'm sure not too many of you are gonna run stupid shit like that.

13. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

I'm the exact opposite. I let strengths and weaknesses of my team dictate why type of scheme I run. Trying to shoehorn a team into a scheme has never worked well for me.

As far as no huddle I just feel if you have effective offense then you don't need to run no huddle. You are confident you can line up and the defense can pick ANY play they want out of their playbook and you can still move the ball effectively. Not "I'm going to take advantage because you have 5 seconds to choose your next play and I might catch you in the wrong defense". Personally I would hate to score on someone because I caught them in an audible or switching players. I want you to have your BEST defense called , BEST defender, ready to go and THEN score on you so there are no excuses to be made.

14. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I understand what your saying but the no huddle offense is used for a fast paced game, to attack defenders that are tired, and to confuse the defense on their assignments. Old love to play a shoot out every game but what I've noticed from the users I've played, they base their offense more on the run. My style is geared more to scoring fast and getting my offense off the field. I'm much more confident in my defense than offense. Like I said though, I didn't really use no hudddle last season because most of the time I wanted to change formations every play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.