No Huddle Offense

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Mar 30, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I wanted to put this out there before I played a user game this season. A few weeks ago it was inferred that my no huddle attack was cheesey. I want to give you guys a chance to offer some input if you do feel I'm doing something cheesey with it to bring it to my attention so I can correct it.

I think it's a fun aspect of the game and is something that is a big part of college football. With that being said though I want to make sure I run it in a realistic fashion as to not use it as an "exploit" of the AI if you will.

So for those that have played me the past couple seasons, please feel free to provide some input if you have any. Just be sure to note things that aren't realistic or sim rather than things you find difficult to defense.

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

It's difficult to defend against because it gives the offense a huge advantage in the passing game. Pass coverage in this game is already somewhat broken and the no huddle completely messes wither the defenses CPU ai. In my opinion it is a very broken aspect of Tue game. I've never had anyone do this to me but if someone did I'm sure it would make me mad as it is near impossible to stop

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Site rules also dictate that hurry up offenses are to be used within the 2 min mark of each half and the losing team in the 4th qtr.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Gators has used the hurry up over the past few seasons, but only after we discussed it prior to him starting with it. Sherm, you'd have to help me out exactly, but I think it was Richardson's second year as a starter, so season 4? I've played him twice and I never felt it was cheesy. He didn't use the gameplan/aggressive setting, just would hold Y or whatever to line up right away. He didn't do it after incompletions or anytime the clock stopped. Shit, he didn't even do it everytime he was tackled in bounds. As far as site rules, I thought the 2 minute rule/trailing in the 4th quarter was from last release. I thought when '11 came out it kind of was up to each league to make its own rules.

Bottom line is I didn't have a problem with it.

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

There is a difference between "hurry up" and "no huddle". No huddle means your team does not huddle, but is not necessarily in a hurry to get to the line and quickly snap the ball. Jello was good at using it in a non-cheesy way in that he would not rush his team to the line (press the A button after calling for the no-huddle) giving the defense at least some time to react. I didn't find it cheesy against him, it's supposed to be hard to stop and thats why Oregon was so successful this year.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

I've never had a complaint about your no huddle. You run it sim if you ask me and we just played not 10 minutes ago.

7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    In our meeting last season I did not have any complaints

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

After listening I guess that as long as the d was allowed to set up it would be alright. I just don't see the point unless your purposely trying to get mismatches like a rb strung wide with a lb covering. Idk its just something that is exploitive of ai flaws in the secondary , but I guess if the intentions are honest its cool with me. Whether or not someone plays sim is 80% intentions n 20% play anyways

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Also I've never played someone who uses this o before so ill save my real judgements of it until I play someone who uses it

10. GoGators

Amazing sportsmanship from this guy. I'd nominate him for one of the best here.

The only thing I wish is that in user games the lag didn't cause me to be inconsistent with it. I try to no huddle after ever play that wasn't incomplete. Sometimes though the game lags and while I'm holding "Y" it still sends me to the huddle. I apologize for that cause I don't mean to use it inconsistently. I hope they change this for `12 so you can set it in the gameplan settings and it will do it automatically for you.

11. GoGators

I hear what you're saying Nautica and I do agree with you that when people run the no huddle like a 2 minute drill and are rapid firing passing plays it gets really difficult to defend. I try not to operate that way. Giving away a secret here, the only time I'll go fast on the no huddle is if I'm running a base running play like zone read. I think of it sort of like how Oklahoma did it in `08. They'd line up quick after a first down and run a zone running play or else they'd check the sideline and get a play from the sidelines.

I also try not to switch formations. I may flip the formation but I try to stay within the same formation 99% of the time. And I also don't change packages. So I won't go down from a 4 WR set to a 3 WR set where one of my WR's lines up at TE.

• Like Like x 1
  12. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I think this happens, sometimes, if the other guy is pushing 'A' after the play to skip the replay or cut scenes. We all do it against the CPU to speed the game up, but I've noticed it during users games when I've tried to run the no-huddle under 2 minutes, and I would always get sent back to the huddle.

13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Thats exactly why it happens.

14. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I didn't have a problem with it when I played Gators a couple of years ago.. He let's the D set up so I don't have a problem with it.. The issue is that he has so much damn talent.. That's my gripe. :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

As long as he lets the D set-up, im cool with it. But please do not schedule these Cavs against the Gators, ever! Would be a massacre of epic proportions!