No Huddle.... Please vote

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Oct 25, 2011.

?

Should the no-huddle offense be allowed?

Poll closed Nov 1, 2011.
  1. Yes

83.3%
  2. No

16.7%
  1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Right now we have a rule where you can go to the no-huddle late in the 1st half or anytime in the 4th QTR if you're down.

I wanna know if you guys think it should be allowed as an offense... I would say yes. My only issue is that I wouldn't want to see people go outside of their current personnel setup, I.E. if you have 4 WR's I better not see one of them line up at TE. OR HB, etc.

This vote will not actually decide for sure... Like if it's close and a couple people are vehemently against it... I would probably not put it in place.

Since the D has access to its entire playbook in the no-huddle situation I personally would not have a problem with people running it against me, what do you guys think? Obviously I don't think people should sit there hurrying up after a run for a loss and an incompletion... People should use it sensibly...

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Personally I would want to just run it to speed the game up sometimes. We have some dudes that make the game REALLY TAKE FOREVER if you know what I mean (I think sometimes I am one of them :( ) and you end up with so few possessions... It's just frustrating.

3. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

I voted yes....I just feel that the guys we have here would not abuse this anyways. Also with playing over 200 plus online ranked games against alot of users who does this, in my opinion it does not give you any real advantage. It can be defended

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

only late 2nd or behind in the 4th. Running it for shits and giggle....no thanks! Offenses don't need any advantages.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

The Natural

It goes without saying you shouldn't be voting in other league's polls.

Oh, I guess it doesn't.

6. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Haha, my bad I thought this was posted in the Locker Room forum. Disregard.

7. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I vote yes. It's a real offense used by a lot of teams. As long as it is used correctly it shouldn't be a problem. Huddling on an incomplete pass, not quick snapping it to get cheap offsides calls, etc

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL NP

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

C'mon @Gho5t9

pay attention man

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

sorry for that

11. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

What is the actual vote since people don't have enough common fucking sense to not vote in a poll which they have no business voting in. I mean for fuck sake! It's re-god-damn-diculous!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

4-1 by my count lol. However it is an important no vote. Like I said I'm just gauging league perception and opinion. JMS doesn't play D so like... He's gonna hate this. :D all my games are defensive battles and I'd love another option to speed things up a bit.

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'd vote yes...because it is a real offense and like many have said, it's to speed it up but that's not to say that you should use no huddle offense to try to get quick passes and etc like that...that's unfair.

If this does pass, then I will be definitely moving to an Oklahoma St/Houston style attack which would use some no huddle...especially with the personnel I have here.

14. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I voted yes. I don't see any real disadvantage to using no huddle and it's just as sim and used in real life as an I formation anymore.

The natural and ghost ???? Wtf son (s)

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'd almost implore you guys that if we go ahead and approve this... that it still be used primarily as a change of pace... something you see a few times a game rather than this constant, nonstop thing. I guess that's kinda how they do it IRL but not sure how people would react to having people do it more than the CPU does, for instance...

16. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Voted yes, but it's a tentative yes. I don't want to play someone that uses it all the freaking time. I played one guy in a league (who since quit the league or was booted, not sure which) who would even do it occasionally after an incomplete pass. Stupid. I think as long as it's used realistically, it's fine.

17. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I voted yes

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    See that's pretty gay. Not after incompletion and not all game. How about looking towards the model of the patriots?

• Like Like x 1
  19. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    So how many people are going to adopt this offense now?

20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    *raises hand*

I'm going full out and choosing a PB like Houston/ SMU/ oklahoma state to go full cycle though.

21. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

im never playing you again....:doodie:

22. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I will use the miss st version of it

23. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm sure the league wouldn't mind if you moved to the SEC or PAC-12 ;)

24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

The no huddle is not actually legalized yet, the vote is just a feeling out thing.
    I want to have an off-forum discussion on it with the competition committee if possible. I clearly think that the league wants to have this option. We clearly also have people that don't want to face it constantly. So obviously if it is enacted, it can't be the only form of offense anybody runs.

25. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I abstain in the honor of Al Davis.

No I actually vote no because it gives a huge advantage to an offensive team as if you have a young defense they are in the red after 2 plays.

I don't have a problem under a minute in the second and 4rth quarters.