no huddle questions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by whygodwhy1111, Sep 7, 2010.

1. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

no huddle questions

I am using one back ace formations primarily, which is alot of 2 TE sets or one TE with a FB on the line of scrimmage. Since I am constantly in the same personel, I was thinking no huddling like the colts would be a good idea.

If I choose to no huddle, can I press up and down to change formations? Should I consider any formation that I can Package sub to be lined up in that formation to be an ok new play. IE, with 2 TE 2 WR 1 HB normal slot would put the second TE in the slot just like the TE slot package sub would do.

Additionally, are FBs interchangable with TEs or should I only allow the FB to go into a wing position (Common FB position in One Back playbooks)? I assume it would be ok to put a second TE in the wing position ala the twin TE packages.

I also want to ask about the 4 TE one HB set that has a package sub to put WRs on the outside TE ( turns it into a tight Ace formation). Can I no huddle into that set from 2 wr 2 te 1hb.

I ask because I want to be sure before I do anything in a user game. I assume all of it would be ok, because they are plays with personel packages that I could pick from the huddle. I just Want to be sure. ( I don't really know if FB should be able to line up as a second TE, those packages are not available outside of wing formations )

2. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Dude I don't have any problem with switching formations in the no huddle. And yes you just go up or down to change them. The only problem for the defense is that when they switch formations sometimes the personnel gets screwy, as I've have Safeties at DE and DT from some dime to nickel and 4/3 changes. But that's not an offensive problem. That's a defensive issue, and in no way do I think it's unfair or anything like that.

Some might have an issue, but I don't. If I see you no huddle, I'll adjust to a formation to cover for it on the next possession. Cat and mouse is football.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I dont have problems with a TE or FB being bounced back and forth. I just used a little no huddle myself in my game with Michigan.

I think for the most part, spread or one back teams are ok, as long as they stay in those primary formations. Its when people start going from 5 wide to I Tight that problems occur.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Exactly what I was thinking. Use common sense and your fine. I dont have a problem with it.