No Huddle?

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by cry_havoc, Oct 29, 2013.

1. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Ok I know Ive been around and this may sound a bit "Dumb" but whats the dealio with no huddle. I feel like we're not all on the same page with this one...yet it could just be me. Is the hurry up allowed, besides being down by more than 3 scores in the 2nd half? Plz someone inform me.

LtJustice

2. Easy Dez It

Easy Dez It Walk On

Personally i dont think no huddle should be ran at all except in the situation you stated, or in 2 minute offense. It gives an unfair advantage to the offense because there are so many different formation the offense could go to and maybe 3 for the defense, depending on the set that was chosen. This hadnt been an issue in my games though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Ive never seen anyone run the no huddle in any lg gm ive been a part of.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

O.3 HURRY-UP OFFENSE

Hurry-up offense may only be used in the final two minutes of each half following the two-minute warning. The exception to the rule would be if a team is down by 21 or greater at any point of the game; or it may be used at any point in the fourth quarter when a team is losing (not tied). Hurry-up offense is prohibited when the clock is stopped, i.e. possessions out of bounds, incomplete passes, or penalties. When using the hurry up offense, please allow your opponent to set their defense before snapping the ball. If a player is put in motion, he must be set before the ball is snapped - even if the play clock is about to expire. Purposely trying to cause off-sides penalties or taking advantage of defensive AI is not allowed.

5. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Thats what i thought...thanks for the clarity. Lets just make sure everyone knows this.

6. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Everyone signed that they read the rules... We can always start benching starters and removing owners.

• Like Like x 2
  7. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Not a bad idea

• Like Like x 1
  8. coachmimz20

coachmimz20 Walk On

Maybe we should kick out owners who actually dont abide from the rules.. instead of warning them all the time. Probably shouldnt punish the ones who play straight up and get their games in on time...

Just an idea

• Like Like x 1