No Huddle

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by HotRod, Jun 20, 2013.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    What are your thoughts on a set of rules for no huddle offense. Should it stay the same as last season, being a once in a while type of thing, or something less restrictive putting the emphasis on giving the defense time to make their defensive adjustments? I don't want it to be something that people will cheese with but something that will give some options for unique offenses.

smlVICTORIES53
    Twister18
    Blaza
    BRUCE80
    Mogriffjr
    Sgt Jowers
    JSimms
    MaxATX34
    The Parrothead
    jfosh
    jms493

2. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I like it used when needed. Personal opinion is there is just too much room for the offense to take advantage that doesn't exist in a real game (yes, I get that no huddle offenses in real life are trying to take advantage of getting to the line quick, etc., but in the game it seems to me that there is an even bigger gap than in real life).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Agree. Not a big fan of no huddle.

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I think we need to wait and see, if the new game handles it better on D and its not an auto td like it is now then why ban it...

If its the same ole same ole then yea its last two minutes, trailing late type of O imo.

If they fixed it, why limit the game and what we can do? I like using everything as long as its not cheesy like run commit....everything else should be in the wheelhouse depending on testing it out when the new game hits.

Just my opinion man...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I think wait an see might be best approach at this point

6. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

I've never been a huge fan of no huddle due to limited audible options on D, especially when offense can audible from an I-Form to 4 or 5 wide with ease. Scores and stats are high enough in Madden/NCAA leagues as it is. My fear is that if we all go no huddle, we'll end up with a bunch of 70-55, 63-45 games. Call me old school, but I prefer a 10-7 defensive battle over a high-scoring affair any day. That said, as a T1 (and NCAA) FNG, I'll go with the masses on this one...

• Like Like x 1
  7. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    This cycle you can only audible to formations that have the required personnel. So 11 personnel can't audible to 5 wide and vice versa.

8. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

offenses are now restricted to the personnel on the field. If you come out in shotgun normal then the only formations available to you are the ones with 3wr, 1hb, 1 te.

Either way, as long as some people don't go full retard and cheese it up, I wouldn't be opposed to it if a couple guys wanted to run that style.

9. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

I'm cool with it, but not sure I could take it for an entire game. Hopefully we're talking about in moderation?

10. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Needs to be used sparingly, imho. Too many people get butthurt about it to let it get any footing, imho. At the end of the game and out of timeouts? Sure. That's what its for.

11. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

I second this ^^ But some more time in the drivers seat will tell if its still overpowered.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

FWIW I allowed it in 4th horseman and we allowed it in after midnight. Neither league had complaints or issues with guys cheesing after the patch fixed the spy issue. I ran it some in both leagues and of course, following sim rules I never swapped personnel groups other than occasionally moving my TE to a 3rd or 4th WR.

Couple important things happened. First, fatigue set in and I wound up fumbling more often than when I huddled and if I ran with the QB and he got tired he would throw terrible passes and INTs on occasion. Second, if it was working early and I got a big lead but then started getting stopped the other guy would have more time to come back because my possessions were so short.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BRUCE80

Love the fact that you gave it a shot...good to hear it had some decent results as well after the patch.

Its too early to tell, maybe this year it will work right and you will be able to defend it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I think it would be easier to ban it now and allow later than to allow it now and then take it away. Just my opinion.

15. BRUCE80

Why ban anything before we play the game? I get it...but we havent even touched the game yet and we are already wanting to ban things?

This coming from someone who rarely if ever uses hurry up btw...

16. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Not saying it has to be, just saying that if we're on the fence about it, it'd be easier to allow it later than to take it away from people who were using it.

• Like Like x 1