NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Nov 22, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sooooo fucking hate this fucking game sometimes! Some of the shit is ridiculous beyond belief!

I'm waaaaaaaaay too pissed to update my blog, but luckily I have an entire week to calm down to right it (if I can).

Dat beat me 31-18. Big whoop. I knew that going into the game just like I know he'll beat me next year too.

1st drive, he scores a TD.

On the 3rd play of my 1st drive, Forcier goes down to an injury so Charles gets a baptism by fire right away. (for the record I never select the option to play the injuried player if I'm asked, but I wasn't asked anyway).

Forcier comes back in the 1st.

Later on he's hurt AGAIN, this time for 2 quarters.

Forcier makes it back and plays in the 2nd half. Early in the 4th quarter, he's injured AGAIN! 2 plays later, Charles is injured (I'm on QB #3 in my first game of the season! HURRAY!

Charles comes back later on and finishes the game, and I notice that Foricer never came back. After getting my highlights (1 picture of Charles getting lit up and 4 replays of my QBs getting hurt) I exit out of the game.

I get to the injury report.

Forcier - strained back - 11 weeks.

What a way to start the season!

QB#1, 6 carries, 3 injurys

QB#2, 2 carries, 1 injury.

I can't wait to see how this season plays out as I lose QBs #2 and 3, have to take the redshirt off of QB #4 and then have to play my HBs and WRs at QB.
    :partynanas:

At least JC only had to play a few games like that.

2. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Ugh...I'm knocking on wood as I read this so that the same won't happen to others.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    That sucks man...even as much crap as you give me about Denard, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

4. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Sounds kind of like what Michigan St. had when JC inheritited that team last season...

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Yeah, but as Jello said, I only played 3 games with that situation, although it did make it near impossible for me to become bowl eligible. I was able to give Jello a run for his money though with my 4th string QB haha.

Now I just have a team with an unbelievably bad defense, got absolutely shredded by BYU.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I changed the thread title -- a little too much there.

As for the actual injuries, I am bummed for you man. Hope you can make the best of it, and in a way I am happy for you that you got Charles.

7. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Wow. That sucks Jello. Im sure you can make something out of this season. I had my star back go down in the first and was gone the rest of the game. I can live with that

8. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Thats alot of RED.

9. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

The injuries were pretty crazy. Dayne Crist got hurt on the first play of the game and Nate Montana led the first TD drive. Crist came back at the end of the drive or on the next, can't recall. I was thinking to myself when Crist went down the first play that if he wasn't going to come back during the game, I'd break Devin Archie's redshirt. Too important a game, and I have another user game next week.

I think it was Charles' injury that I caused with Te'o and the hit stick. That felt good. Forcier's injury dramatics were so...Forcier. Although 11 weeks is new territory for him. Time to see what Charles is made of. Unfortunately for him, he came into this game in a throw-only situation. I bet you won't have much of a drop off from Forcier to Charles when his feet can be more of a factor.

This was definitely a win by my defense. I got lucky twice where Jello's guys dropped easy int's. Including one just before the half that would have gone back for a TD. I know that one killed Jello because it was a perfect defensive play call for the route I was looking for (trying to hit a drag and get out of bounds and he had his CB in a flat zone). My offensive stats weren't all that great. But I was able to pretty well contain Jello's running attack even early in the game, which is something I hadn't done in our first 2 games, or against any running user team really. After 2 games I'm pretty sure I can say this defense is easily the best I've had in 3 seasons.

10. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Bad luck Jello. I was just talking with JHeb yesterday about who would have the first big injury of the season!

11. jello1717

Do you fleXbox One guys have problems with injuries to your QBs? It really, really sucks the fun out of the game for me when my favorite player can't do what I like to do because he's always getting hurt. Is my only choice to sit back in the pocket and throw the ball all the time like everyone else? There is nothing fun about that at all.

I'm going to extrapolate this season out until the end of the year. Combining this season with my offline dynasty through 2011, Forcier will miss 34 of 77 games for me (this doesn't include the games where he got injured and had to sit out the rest of the game). In my 2 dynasties, this is now the 2nd time in 6 years that I've lost Forcier for the season against ND. The only difference in the OD is this was my 1st game of the year instead of my 2nd. Last year, my QB #2 got hurt in week7 and was out for the season. In my offline I lost my QB#2 for over half the season in one of my years. I won't even begin on the running backs that I've lost due to injuries.

I'm trying to have fun with this game, but it's really difficult when I'm not allowed to play the game the way that I want to (with an option attack) because I know that my QBs are just going to drop like flies. This is especially hard since those guys are my favorite players.

So, have you fleXbox One guys had issues with your QBs getting hurt? If not, then I don't know why I do. This has happened to me in multiple dynasties with multiple QBs Foricer (all the fucking time), Robinson, Heffner, Haley. They've all gone down for multiple weeks/for the season. My UNC QBs don't get hurt, but that's because they only throw the ball and don't run it.

Is my only option to keep my QBs from getting hurt to completely overhaul my offense to something I would hate to run?

12. jello1717

Do you fleXbox One guys have problems with injuries to your QBs? It really, really sucks the fun out of the game for me when my favorite player can't do what I like to do because he's always getting hurt. Is my only choice to sit back in the pocket and throw the ball all the time like everyone else? There is nothing fun about that at all.

I'm going to extrapolate this season out until the end of the year. Comparing this season with my offline dynasty through 2011, Forcier will miss 34 of 77 games for me. Last year, my QB #2 got hurt in week7 and was out for the season. In my offline I lost my QB#2 for over half the season in one of my years. I won't even begin on the running backs that I've lost due to injuries.

I'm trying to have fun with this game, but it's really difficult when I'm not allowed to play the game the way that I want to (with an option attack) because I know that my QBs are just going to drop like flies. This is especially hard since those guys are my favorite players.

So, have you fleXbox One guys had issues with your QBs getting hurt? If not, then I don't know why I do. This has happened to me in multiple dynasties with multiple QBs (Foricer all the fucking time), Robinson, Heffner, Haley. They've all gone down for multiple weeks/for the season. My UNC QBs don't get hurt, but that's because they only throw the ball and don't run it.

Is my only option to keep my QBs from getting hurt to completely overhaul my offense to something I would hate to run?

13. jello1717

With as happy as I was that I got Charles, there's a pretty huge drop off between him and Forcier.

14. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I have not really seen a big issue with injuries to the QB, even though I run him 20+ times per game. I did lose one of my quarterbacks last season for the rest of the year (Cody Jackson), but it was because I tried to bulldog a MLB for a first down. I don't avoid contact with the QB, but I try to minimize the big hits they take.

I have lost QB's for the rest of games. That said, there is a reason I am so deep with running quarterbacks. Though I won't recruit one this year (unless mass transfers), I usually try to get one per year.

Shaun

15. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Yeah, I'd agree with Shaun...Load up on QB's who can run your offense. Some of the depth might not be exactly what you want but make them at least serviceable.

16. jello1717

That's what I've done. In past games, I've never had more than 3 QBs and haven't had a problem with injuries. In this years game (I'm still convinced that EA turned up the injuries so they could show off Erin Andrews) it has become a necessity to have 4 QBs. I now have:
    Column 1
    # Name Year POS OVR SPD Prestige
    5 Tate Forcier JR QB 89 87
    7 Mark Charles FR QB 81 87 :4stars:
    14 Ian Heffner SO QB 77 87 :3stars:
    16 Derrick McGrew FR QB 75 80 :3stars:

It's really going to suck when Charles goes down and I have to start my 3* guys.

17. jello1717

I really wish I knew why I get hit with so many injuries then. Forcier only averages 10.7 carries/game (his 3 most are only 21, 20, and 15 carries) so he's only getting hit half as often as your guy.

18. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Do you know what their INJ ratings are?

I've had a lot of injuries (relative to most of the rest of the league) the last 2 seasons but I don't think it's been an unbelievable amount. And I'm all for seeing that Erin Andrews glamour shot.

But I suppose it's possible there's a problem specifically with QB's who carry the ball a lot. Although my guess is that you've just had some bad luck. That, and Forcier is a giant pussy.

19. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Tate Four-sear

=

[​IMG]

For those of you that don't know what that is:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TfHqv8YAA9w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TfHqv8YAA9w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

20. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I was hoping someone would post that. One of my favorite Curb episodes.

Anyone watch the finale last night? I had big expectations and was a little let down...having said that, in retrospect it really was a pretty good finale in terms of tying together the storyline.

21. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I do have issues with the Option. FSU knocked him out for 4 games 2 years back. Last year, he was knocked out for the remainder of the game 3 times.

What is Forcier's injury rating? Kinda curious

22. jello1717

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Player team injury rating
    Forcier Michigan 86
    Charles Michigan 87
    Robinson army 89
    Reed Florida 89
    Manuel FSU 84
    Shaw GT 89
    Harris Miami 94
    Nichol MSU-N 86
    Relf MSU-S 89
    Green Nebraska 86
    Crist ND 78
    Jones Oklahoma 89
    Newsome PSU 80

So Forcier is about average for our QBs and better than a few of them.

23. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Yikes, no wonder Crist went down. He actually got hurt in mop up duty a couple times last year. Guess it wasn't a coincidence. Maybe that redshirt will come off Devin Archie yet.

24. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I think my favorite Curb episode is actually a tie between three:

- Crazy-Eyez Killah
    - The Smoking Jacket
    - Forget the actual name but the one where Larry uses the hooker to take the HOV lane to Dodger Stadium and buys weed for his Dad

Classics. I haven't had HBO in years though.

25. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Due to Jello's arguement about his need for 4 QB's rather than three, I've also started carrying 4 guys on my roster rather than three...That theory was reinforced by the story of what JC inherited at MSU when he took over. I lost Bradford for the season part way through 2009 and had to go with Landry Jones (FR-Rs) plus Bradford got knocked out of the game several times in the two seasons I had him. I'd rather carry a 4th QB and waste a recruit that'll likely never play than have to end up playing a WR or something at the most important position on the field.