North Carolina Tar Heels (BulgyTexas)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hornfaninbama, Jan 20, 2010.

1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

North Carolina Tar Heels (BulgyTexas)

Offense:
    Currently running the San Jose State PB and also the Balanced playbook

Defense:
    4-3

2. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

OFFENSE (San Jose State/Balanced): Ran the ball between the tackle and guard a lot. Usually with good results. His RBs were tough to bring down. Until I took an early lead, he seemed primed to just run the ball almost every play. I think that really helped me, as his QB didn't have great accuracy. When he did go to the air, he tended to rely mostly upon deep(er) slants - about 7-10 yards downfield. He also ran a lot of out routes, but his QB had a tendency to lead them too far and resulted in incompletions. On a lot of these out patterns, he rolled his QB out of the pocket and attempted to throw on the run.

DEFENSE (4-3): Ran mostly zone, with a little man mixed in. Has a very strong defense, both against the pass and the run. Controlled his MLB almost the entire game and did a very good job using him to take away the outside run. However, I was able to pound away at the middle with fair consistency. In the passing game, when I had time, the middle and flats seemed to be open. His CBs have good speed, so I didn't take too many shots downfield. However, I did have a 32-yard fade route for a touchdown. I didn't throw towards CB Charles Brown, mostly because of his 96 speed.