North Carolina Tar Heels (BulgyTexas)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hornfaninbama, Jan 20, 2010.

1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Oct 21, 2009
    North Carolina Tar Heels (BulgyTexas)

Currently running the San Jose State PB and also the Balanced playbook

2. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

Nov 11, 2009
    OFFENSE (San Jose State/Balanced): Ran the ball between the tackle and guard a lot. Usually with good results. His RBs were tough to bring down. Until I took an early lead, he seemed primed to just run the ball almost every play. I think that really helped me, as his QB didn't have great accuracy. When he did go to the air, he tended to rely mostly upon deep(er) slants - about 7-10 yards downfield. He also ran a lot of out routes, but his QB had a tendency to lead them too far and resulted in incompletions. On a lot of these out patterns, he rolled his QB out of the pocket and attempted to throw on the run.

DEFENSE (4-3): Ran mostly zone, with a little man mixed in. Has a very strong defense, both against the pass and the run. Controlled his MLB almost the entire game and did a very good job using him to take away the outside run. However, I was able to pound away at the middle with fair consistency. In the passing game, when I had time, the middle and flats seemed to be open. His CBs have good speed, so I didn't take too many shots downfield. However, I did have a 32-yard fade route for a touchdown. I didn't throw towards CB Charles Brown, mostly because of his 96 speed.