1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

North Carolina

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Oct 30, 2010.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I have a love-hate relationship with this game at times.

Up 28-3 in the fourth quarter, I enter "extra conservative mode" and go run-heavy. After punting, UNC goes no-huddle and scores (with a lot of time consumed). They then onside kick it unsuccessfully, so I run the ball some more and grab another 3 points. 31-10.

UNC goes no-huddle again and scores. 31-17, no biggie. But wait! They recover the ball, and start pressin' me again. But this time, I stop them short in the red zone with about 10 seconds to play. "Take that, bitch!" They still have 2 time outs, however, so I choose a power run from my 5 or so yard line to end the game.

Or so I thought. I actually chose the power PA! So, of course, I'm caught off-guard and stumble like a moron. "Oh, shit, run?. No, wait, pass? I'll just head for the sidelines!" The result? I'm hit, I fumble, and UNC grabs another TD as time expires. 31-24. Yeah, I'm fucking pissed.

It could have been worse, though. At least Parker wasn't injured.

I haven't completed my post-game stuff yet, but I'll be sure to include this play for the sake of everyone's amusement.