North Carolina

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Oct 30, 2010.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I have a love-hate relationship with this game at times.

Up 28-3 in the fourth quarter, I enter "extra conservative mode" and go run-heavy. After punting, UNC goes no-huddle and scores (with a lot of time consumed). They then onside kick it unsuccessfully, so I run the ball some more and grab another 3 points. 31-10.

UNC goes no-huddle again and scores. 31-17, no biggie. But wait! They recover the ball, and start pressin' me again. But this time, I stop them short in the red zone with about 10 seconds to play. "Take that, bitch!" They still have 2 time outs, however, so I choose a power run from my 5 or so yard line to end the game.

Or so I thought. I actually chose the power PA! So, of course, I'm caught off-guard and stumble like a moron. "Oh, shit, run?. No, wait, pass? I'll just head for the sidelines!" The result? I'm hit, I fumble, and UNC grabs another TD as time expires. 31-24. Yeah, I'm fucking pissed.

It could have been worse, though. At least Parker wasn't injured.

I haven't completed my post-game stuff yet, but I'll be sure to include this play for the sake of everyone's amusement.