North Texas Mean Green

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Richard Smiley, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Richard Smiley

Richard Smiley Walk On

Game Summaries. for 2011/2012 season

2. Symbioteshocker

Symbioteshocker Walk On

Week One: At FIU (0-0)

FIU------7-----10------7------0-----24
    NT-------0------0-------0------0------0

Couldn't do anything this game without turning the ball over. The one play I did make was a scramble running the two minute drill with my quarterback where he dove instead of slid and fumbled the football of course. I could get other drives going but they would end in interceptions. The opponent scored 17 points off of turnovers alone in a game that I feel I could have won if I didn't make so many mistakes. My passing was abysmal as the receivers would drop passes easily and with it raining they were sliding all over the place. Hopefully, next week my team will improve since they will be at home.

Stat Leaders

QB Derek Thompson- 8/19, 98 yds, 3 INT
    HB Lance Dunbar- 6 att, 8 yds, 1.3 avg
    TE Daniel Prior- 4 Rec, 53 yds
    S John Shorter- 4 tack, INT

3. Symbioteshocker

Symbioteshocker Walk On

Week Two: vs. NMSU (0-1)

NT---------21-----17------7------0-----45
    NMSU------0-------0------0------0------7

This was probably one of the easiest games I have ever had being a terrible team like North Texas. My running game was lights out and my passing was great for my cast of receivers. I did lose Dunbar for four weeks so that is going to hurt big time. My backup runningback did well in his absence so hopefully he will keep it going. It was over by halftime so I subbed the starters out after the third quarter and played some backups. Wasn't impressed by the backups. They will need a ton of work. Next week I have Ohio State coming to town, and by some miracle maybe we can come out with an upset.

QB Derek Thompson- 10/17, 295 yds, 3 TD INT
    HB James Hamilton- 10 att, 117 yds, 11.7 avg, TD
    WR Tyler Stratford- 2 Rec, 161 yds, TD
    DE KC Obi- 3 tack