North Texas Ticker

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

North Texas Ticker

Week 1 @ Clemson

North Texas started off the season on a good start, going into halftime a gainst Clemson 10-10. North Texas failed to score in the second half, while surrendering 21 to the Tigers. The hurry up spread from Clemson was to much to handle for the Mean Green. North Texas' only touchdown on the day was on an interception return, the offense was almost non-existent except for a couple big plays that didn't result in any Mean Green scores.

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Week 2 vs Louisville

W 24-3

DENTON, TEXAS (AP) - North Texas' new pro style running game smashed the Louisville Cardinals all game long, leading the Mean Green to a 24-3 win. The first sore of the game came on a Safety when strong safety Ira Smith sacked the Cardinal quarterback. Running back Lance Dunbar put together a decent day, gaining 78 yards on 25 carries and a TD.

Dunbar said, though, that he hopes to be able to amass more yards the next time out. "The offense kind of revolves around me, so its my job to run hard and get positive yards. If I have the other team eyeing my runs, that makes it that much easier for (Quarterback) Nick (Tune) to be able to throw the ball. That's how our offense is built."

This was the first win for North Texas, and Head Coach Todd Dodge is hoping it will be the start of a memorable season. Hopes are high in Denton, Texas that a Sun Belt title isn't far from reach.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Star running back out 8 weeks. Could be a long season for the Mean Green if the backup isn't ready to step up.

5. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

ouch...the one guy you were hoping to lean on out for half a season..feel for ya.