northwestern holds off miss. state

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Ruckus Redbird19, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

it was a tale of two halves sat as northwestern beat a ranked opponent for the first time in... well a long time. after both teams going three and out northwestern began to get moving. they scored on an option keeper as kain colter ran for 35 yrds behind some stellar down field blocking. miss state then answered with a great drive that stalled out resulting in three points. on the next drive the coaches noticed miss state jamming and playing 10 players close to the line. on the next play they decided to run a bunch vertical play. they didnt get the look again and k.colter lobed a wheel rout which was promptly intercepted for 6 points. northwestern on their next offensive possession ran double corners and p.youngbloodary was able to wiggle free for a 77 yrd td. despite not having "break away speed" youngbloodary was able to out run the secondary for the score. each team traded 2min drill attempts and came away with a 3 each. half time- 24-13 nu. miss state began to mave the ball in the second half behind an impressive no huddle offense and getting several key 4th down conversions. however despite dominating the second half they were only able to score once and nu was able to win a squeaker. this was a hard fought game with plenty of momentum pulls but the difference was nu's redzone d. after the win nu cracked the top 25 for the first time in... well a long time :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

Sounds like it was a fun one. look forward to playing you in a couple weeks ruckus

3. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

i thought that this may help propel me to a better record this year.... but then i looked at the rest of my schedule. no cake walk like last year