Northwestern Wildcats Football

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by IrishBearcat, Jul 16, 2013.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS | PUSHING FOR PAYDIRT
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    [​IMG]

Coach IrishBearcat was hired to lead the Northwestern Wildcats to B1G Conference Championships
    [​IMG]
    \|\ IRISHBEARCAT COACHING CAREER /|/
    SEASON RECORD CONF BOWL OUTCOME FINAL RANKING

\|\ IRISHBEARCAT COACHING CAREER /|/
    RANKINGS 2013 2014 2015
    Overall Rating B [/SIZE]
    Offense Rating B [/SIZE]
    Defensive Rating B [/SIZE]
    Special Teams Rating A- [/SIZE]
    OFFPG [/SIZE]
    TOT OFF [/SIZE]
    RUSH OFF [/SIZE]
    PASS OFF [/SIZE]
    DPPG [/SIZE]
    TOT DEF [/SIZE]
    RUSH DEF [/SIZE]
    PASS DEF [/SIZE]
    TO DIFF [/SIZE]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]
    \|\ NORTHWESTERN AWARD WINNERS /|/
    YEAR AWARD POSITION PLAYER NOTABLE SEASON STATISTICS

\|\ NORTHWESTERN ALL-AMERICANS /|/
    YEAR AA TEAM POSITION PLAYER NOTABLE STATISTICS[/U]

3. IrishBearcat

\|\ TOP PASSER EACH SEASON /|/
    SEASON POS PLAYER RATING COMP ATT YARDS TD INT COMP% SACK[/U]

\|\ TOP RUSHER EACH SEASON /|/
    SEASON POS PLAYER ATT YARDS TD AVG AVG GM LONG YAC 20+ BTK FUMB

\|\ TOP RECEIVER EACH SEASON /|/
    SEASON POS PLAYER REC YARDS TD AVG AVG GM LONG YAC DROPS

\|\ TOP DEFENSIVE PLAYER EACH SEASON /|/
    SEASON POS PLAYER TACK(SOLO) TFL SACK INT FF FR SFTY TD

4. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]
    IRISHBEARCAT ERA BEGINS FOR
    TRENDING NORTHWESTERN TEAM
    [​IMG]

Northwestern's football team will go as QB Kain Colter goes for the 2013 season
    Preview Index

THE SKINNY

Northwestern's football team has been quietly on the rise over the past few seasons. Coach Pat Fitzgerald's success since his arrival was exactly what the Wildcats needed. His unexpected resignation led to the hiring of Coach IrishBearcat. Near the end of the 2012 season Northwestern became a team that nobody wanted to play and ended up finishing with an impressive 10-3 record.

The new regime inherits some very talented pieces, but ultimately the roster still has much to be desired in order to compete with the best in the conference. With several new hirings in the B1G Conference this will be an interesting season as many new coaches will look to establish a great first year campaign. Only one thing is absolutely certain; competition should be at its highest for the B1G in quite some time.
    UNIT RATINGS

[​IMG]
    IMPACT PLAYERS

[​IMG]
    (Click image to enlarge)
    USER GAMES

vs KANSAS / PhilStyle3005 *

vs OHIO STATE / GWill

@ Nebraska / Baron

vs Michigan / Bucs

vs Michigan State / hornfaninbamafan

@ Illinois / Gravity ^

KEY
    * = OOC
    ^ = Rivalry Game
    FINAL PREDICTION

Despite coming off a 10 win season and defeating an SEC team in the bowl game Northwestern will have a lot to overcome from a talent and competition standpoint. The offense and defensive lines will have their hands full, but if they can hold up this offense can be special. Colter will be relied upon heavily and will have to extend plays with his feet and keep the chains moving.

Defensively, the peices are in place for a decent unit. They're young but quite athletic. The upper echelon of the B1G will dominate Northwestern's big uglies. If Coach IrishBearcat can find a way to mask the team's weaknesses, play to their strengths, and get the most out of the quarterback position they could be up for a solid season.

The schedule is tough, but I will predict Northwestern will go 8-4 during the regular season with a chance to win game #9 with their bowl bid.

5. IrishBearcat

\|\ NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS 2013 SCHEDULE /|/

Week Opponent Result [​IMG] OPP SUMMARY
    1 [​IMG] Kansas (Philstyle3005) W 24 (OT) 23 Click Here
    2 [​IMG] Syracuse L 21 31 Click Here
    3 [​IMG] Western Michigan W 34 3 Click Here
    4 [​IMG] FCS East W 27 7 Click Here
    5 BYE WEEK - - - -
    6 [​IMG] Ohio State (Gwill) L 10 17 Click Here
    7 @ [​IMG] Wisconsin W 20 17 Click Here
    8 [​IMG] Minnesota W 10 7 Click Here
    9 @ [​IMG] Iowa W 10 7 Click Here
    10 @ [​IMG] Nebraska (Baron) W 50 (OT) 49 COMING
    11 BYE WEEK - - - -
    12 [​IMG] Michigan (Bucs)
    13 [​IMG] Michigan State (hornfaninbama)
    14 @ [​IMG] Illinois (Gravity)
    CCG
    BOWL

Season Record: 7-2
    Conference Record: 4-1
    Career Record: 7-2

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  6. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]

NORTHWESTERN RECRUITING CLASS OF 2014
    # [/COLOR][/COLOR]PLAYER NAME POSITION[/FONT] HEIGHT WEIGHT CALIBER OVERALL ATTRIBUTES[/FONT]
    1 James Simmons ATH (JC-SO) 6'1 210 :3stars: 77 (+2) Click Here
    2 Willie Lopez OT 6'5 290 :3stars: 69 (+1) Click Here
    3 Fred Scott MLB 6'0 242 :3stars: 66 (+1) Click Here

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  7. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]

NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS | Coach IrishBearcat
    An interview with the team's new head coach

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    ///////////////////////////////////////

[​IMG]

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Q: Why did you choose your team?
    A: There were many attributes the Northwestern Football Program had that made them an attractive option. Strong academics, great uniforms, recent success, an athletic team (especially at the skill positions), great pipeline states, and many other positives. All in all they have everything in a program I like, but the biggest reason I selected them was for the challenge. It'll be fun to see how much noise I can make while competiting against the Ohio State's, Michigan's, Nebraska's, etc. of the world.

Q: What type of offense and defense do you run?
    A: Offensively my heart will always be with the I-formation and power running. If I had it my way I'd run the ball every down although that's not very realistic with the level of competition in this league. I like to keep my opponent off-balance and keep them guessing. I'll showcase many different formations. My PB will always have Ace, I, and Shotgun formations. This Wildcat team currently runs Georgia's playbook. It's great because it has Power-I and really good shotgun sets. I'm an old school, traditional 4-3 defensive coach. I prefer to stay in my base package, but obviously with the spread offense being so popular I'll play a lot of nickel & dime. The "Stanford Blueprint" is exactly the direction I want to take this team. A physical & punch-you-in-your-mouth type of football team that plays tough and gritty football with extremely strong academics.

Q: Offensive playmaker and why?
    A: There's no question that it's our QB Kain Colter. For this offense to even have a chance he will have to make plays with his feet, extend plays when the pocket breaks down, and overall Colter must play well. If he's not playing at least above average, we're in big trouble as a football team. The biggest problem is the average offensive line that will be going against some of the best defensive line units in the B1G. It's our biggest weakness, but the athleticism at the QB position can mask that to a high degree.

Q: Defensive Playmaker and why?
    A: After game one it would have to go to DT Will Hampton (3 Sacks) or FS Davion Fleming (2 Ints). Both are Seniors and played extremely well in the opener against Kansas. I forsee Hampton being more of a pain for the opposition throughout the course of the season. His 85 STR and 87 TKL rating make him a very effective anchor for our defensive line.

Q: Goals for this season?
    A: Our #1 goal every season is to get to the B1G Conference Championship Game. My philosophy is you have to believe it to achieve it. I could be Head Coach of Sister's of the Poor, but you better believe we would be convinced we would win all the marbles every season regardless of the state of the program. Another major goal I have is to win 2/3 of my games against Ohio State, Nebraska, and Illinois. I believe if I can acheive this you will see Northwestern running out of the tunnel of the B1G CCG. Overall I just want to get acclimated to the opposition and one major bonus of my schedule is I'm the only Coach who will see every B1G user during the 2013 season.

Q: Goals for the next few seasons?
    A: The big picture is to transform Northwestern in the B1G to become like Stanford of the Pac-12. An academic powerhouse who is consistently in the top 15 and playing for BCS Bowl games. Like every team, we're aspiring to be the very best.

Q: Any games you have circled on your schedule?
    A: Nebraska, Ohio state, and Illinois. The two "B1G Boys" on the schedule and rivalry battle for the state of Illinois against the Illini.

Q: Which recruit is your must have right now?
    A: I can't talk about recruits that are not on campus, that's an NCAA violation! ;)

Q: Whats one position you are looking to improve?
    A: MLB is a huge immediate need, and the lines are the first priority to upgrade.

Q: Who do you think is the most over-rated and under rated team right now?
    A: The most overrated team right now has to be Michigan State. They're 44-10 win over Western Michigan was impressive, but this team lacks a lot of star power. They are solid, but nothing special talent wise IMO. Underrated has to be the Kansas Jayhawks. Everyone will ignore Kansas now that they're 0-1, but they have one of the best coaches in the league. Phil will bring Kansas basketball to the football field, and it's not if but when.

Q: Anything you want the other coaches in the league to know?
    A: I'm really grateful for the opportunity to (win it all baby!) play in this league with this awesome collection of TSO members. :)

8. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

This is great man. Nice work

9. IrishBearcat

Appreciate it man. It's more for me to go back and look at once the cycle is over. Glad others are enjoying it too! :)