Nostalgic?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Nostalgic?

Want to see T-mac win a Heisman? Want to see if Michael Young can break every receiving record in the book? Want to see if Notre Dame can win it all again, and again?

How about we pause the league (I'm speaking of league 1 here) whenever we choose to (end of the year or sooner, depending) and re-launch it as a "nostalgia" league? Dat could host it (I didn't ask him, so I'm officially putting him on the spot) and it could advance at whatever pace the guys want. It would likely have drastically reduced activity, but those guys who feel invested in their teams could keep playing them for as long as they choose.

I mean, we're likely going to keep an '09 league around anyway. Why not this one?

Just a thought. I'm officially done starting threads for the day. :eek:

AG

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Not a bad idea, though I am more for either halting all leagues now or letting them all play out more than this. I don't care much either way, though.

PS: AG can you sticky that poll thread please?

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Will do.

And I was thinking that we re-host shortly after the new launch, if at all. There would definitely be a gap there.

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yeah, thats what I thought -- I don't know if I would continue my involvement in it, though. I am sick of having Michael Young on my team. He is more of a burden than I ever thought. Granted I don't abuse him (he wouldn't have been close to any records -- THIS year), but I feel guilty for having landed such a freak of nature, which I don't think I should. Freaks like this exist out there, but the "un-sim" nature of having him is just annoying. People cannot watch me play, so their minds wander. I am done with it. I am ready for a new team and some new rules so that the griping stops and everyone is happy.

Moral of the story: If you have a guy who is 6'7 with 99 speed and acceleration, even though guys like that exist in real life, you should be ashamed rather than be happy that YOU were the guy that was able to sign this RARE freak of an athlete. Thats how I have been made to feel at least. Whether that has any truth to this, or any foundation for my thoughts, I don't know, but oh well.

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

You broke records in my house with this guy, but there wasn't anything "iffy" about the play. I just couldn't catch the guy. Every time I went man coverage, I got beat for a score. There's nothing wriong with this. I should have stuck with the deep zone, and lived with getting run on a bit more.

These are decision coaches make, and sometimes they pay for them. But I don't question the way the game played out. The minds out there shouldn't wander. The guy is just that rare, that's all. I just think the game undervalues them by listing them with overall ratings in the 70's. These guys should be treated a five-star freaks in recruiting, I think.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I wasn't referring to you, at all, AG.

In that game I had to throw to him 10 times because you blanketed all of my other guys. Definitely not thinking about our game when I made my post.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I didn't think so. I just wanted to voice a bit of support so guys would know there's no "clean play" issue to look at.

8. ReagleBeagle

ReagleBeagle Guest

Basis,

You should not feel bad at all that you have that guy. I would take advantage of him to the fullest in user 2 user play but maybe use self control in the cpu games. In our game I double covered him the whole second half and if I remember he still broke free on a post pattern. Guys like him don't come around very often even in video game football so have fun with him while it lasts.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Well thanks guys, but its no fun having to be paranoid about it. Its "un-sim" to have a guy like this to some -- I wonder if there is even a hard-set definition of "sim" that they could produce.

Its just not worth the hassle, and I really do not need a 99 speed guy to win at all -- user or CPU games. Granted I don't win many user games, but I am close in my losses, and the games could go either way I feel.

10. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Uh, could you please make sure the Mr. Young get my CAL athletics press packet that I mailed to him...He would love California livin...lol...

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Was he a 2-star guy or what?

I have a couple of 6'5, 95 speed players that are way more effective than their ratings would suggest. By March of 2009, we all know that speed kills in NCAA 2009, and should be recruiting it. Then when we have to face it, we shouldn't guilt-trip those that have it. (even if I probably have before, lol)

12. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I got no problem with that freak of nature, it happens from time to time in the real game too. I was referring to a couple of RB's that have blown up stats.

13. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

4*. Pretty reasonable considering his catching ratings.