Not apologizing

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by gowazzucougs, Sep 25, 2012.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I don't think there has been any discussion in our league about what happened last night during the MNF against the Packers v. Hawks. I know we don't generally discuss the NFL, but last night's game needs a discussion.

First Cheez dakota7

I am taking that game as a win and I am not apologizing for questionable calls. Bad officiating happens, and it sucks being on the wrong end of a bogus, or a series of bogus calls. I know this from experience, see Super Bowl XL. That game gave me a bad thoughts for about two years. I try not think about that game now. For much of my life I never thought the Seahawks would actually make it to the Super Bowl, then they do and the experience is ruined by three or four questionable calls that clearly benefited the Steelers helping them defeat the Hawks. Now, I don't know how the game plays out if those calls were not made, or at least couple were not made. Remember, these calls were made by the refs everyone wants back, and remember also that the same refs we want back gave us that infamous Thanksgiving Day Game where Jerome called heads, and the ref said he called tails, or vice versa.

Additionally, the Packers had their chances to win that game without the officials mucking it up. Maybe if the Packers hadn't tried to pass on every single down in the first half in the loudest stadium in the league maybe Aaron Rodgers isn't sacked 8 times in the first half. (Rodgers clearly looked rattle in the first half) At half time it appeared to me that the Packers fired the OC and hired Cheez because they came out running the ball, and dominated the second half. Did they not realize Centurylink Field is loud, and that they could run their regular game plan, I don't know?

2. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I think it's not just that one call..... The MNF hail Mary is just the most egregious and obviously impacting to the outcome. It was a bad call, but not worse than marching off a 27 yard penalty because you don't know which 44 you are on or allowing a coach with no timeouts to challenge and then giving him a timeout when he wins the challenge.

Couple the MNF bad call with the tons of bad calls in other games and stir it up with the fact that it's replacement refs and you get the media Armageddon we are experiencing.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Anything that results in a GB loss should be celebrated. That is all.

• Like Like x 2
  4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

This!!!

And gowazzucougs you shouldnt have to apologize for the Seachickens. You should be apologizing for that abomination of a football team to east of Seattle! No, Im not talking about EWU!

5. gowazzucougs

Are you talking about Central Washington University? That school has an excellent football tradition, making several NAIA semi finals and winning the NC with Jon Kitna his senior year. I don't follow them as much as I use to, but I still think they are winning more often then they are losing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

A little farther east

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Spoken like a Bears fan. Jealousy called, they want their life back.

8. dakota7

gowazzucougs no need to apologize. You, Pete Carroll, Russell Wilson nor the skittles salesman did anything wrong.

9. dakota7

I got a better one....

Anything that results in a Packers loss, because the Bears sure can't beat 'em.

10. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

The tide will eventually turn, it's the nature of the NFL. Do I need to remind you of the days that the twice annual Green Bay-Tampa Bay game was referred to as the 'Bay of Pigs' game because of how bad the Packers were in the 80's? Your team is good, I don't dispute that. But I do enjoy when bad things happen to them, as I'm sure you chuckle at how the Bears QB is the national whipping boy because he doesn't smile on the sidelines.

11. dakota7

download95imagejpeg952.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. dakota7

Sure, the annual battles between Randy Wright and Steve DeBerg were awesome. Thank god the Packers hired Bob Harlan and he put an end to that. Wow, that was almost thirty years ago.

13. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

I just want the real refs back.

[​IMG]

I mean...seriously?

14. gowazzucougs

Do you mean the University of Idaho? The school that produce John Friez, and where the coaching legend of Dennis Erickson was born. Coaches like John L. Smith, Bobby Petrino, have wore the black and gold. I will admit the Idaho Football team has seen better days. The last time they beat Boise State was when I was in college. If I remember right, that game was a thriller and with the win they won the Big West Conference that day. The program just simply has not been the same since Dick Tormey left, and Tom Cable took over. Yes the guy who coached the Raiders a few years and is now the O-Line Coach for the Hawks coached the might Vandals.

I do not know what they will do next year without the WAC. Maybe they should join the Big Sky Conference and drop to D1-AA, I have no idea. It is really sad to see a program with a solid tradition go by the wayside.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You're getting hotter...go a few paces west and I think you will find your destination.

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think they plan on taking WSU's spot in the Pac12

17. gowazzucougs

recchem2000

You mean WSU? Did you bet money on them? My friend, first you shouldn't bet I believe it is illegal to engage in the act of gambling in the state of California. Second, if you placed a legal bet in on the Cougs, shame on you 20 points was a lot to cover, I definitely would have taken Colorado regardless of how bad they lost to Fresno the week before.

18. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

This was classic. He couldn't try that toss and succeed like that ever again. Just glad the WR didn't get seriously injured from that. Anything from a torn acl or achilles to landing on a wrist awkwardly. If his outside foot is the one that hits the hat, his groin could be in peril. :eek:

19. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru