not fun for me anymore.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by TRudethaDude, Nov 2, 2009.

1. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

not fun for me anymore.

the one and only reason i am in this dynasty is because we have a great bunch of guys. that is the fun part for me. competing year in and out and recruiting etc. anyways i have had enough with these BS sliders. i just got sacked 10 times in one game all by DE's and DT's i replayed after i noticed what was going on and these were mostly 4 man rushes. with that being said i also looked into #98 on the west virginia dline who was torching my 99 overall LT. he was a 66 overall freshman. nothing stat wise would leave me to believe he could just beat my line at will. the same goes for the matchups up and down the OLine and DLine. im sure i could sit back and find plenty of things that arent realistic, but this game it finally hit me and took the fun away. there is no way in hell a true freshman who is overall 33 rating points away (99overall OT 66 overall DE) should be doing what was done. at this point unless there is a drastic change made then i will be retiring from this dynasty although like i said before i really enjoy playing with you guys. i won the game so this isnt a poor loser syndrome coming at ya. this is just the game not being anywhere close to realistic or fun for me at this point. thanks and i guess ill let our forums take over from here.

2. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I'll make a few adjustments before advancing just hang on

3. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I bumped pass protect and decreased CPU rush by ten and we advanced

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I am havig no issues with them.

5. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Unless hood says otherwise though, this will be as far as the adjustments go with the sliders. No one else has had issues with the sliders previously that i know of, so we'll stick with these modified ones (should be in effect for this week). If you still want to stay in... let me know a time when you can play. I might be able to squeez a time in tonight after i get home from a chem test. (around 7-7:30pm est)

6. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Shadow don't bump them 10, make em 5. Nobody else has had an issue, it must have just been a fluke type thing. Trude hopefully you don't decide to leave I really enjoy this group of guys we got now, no homo.

7. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Alright man i'll change it to only a 5 point bump. It'll take effect week 5.

8. Iron Mickey

Dude, you call Trude a homo....HAHAHA!!

That's messed up hood....

J/K

9. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

yeah man as long as there was an attempt at changing them. shadow i would love to play today since im off work. best bet is to text me or see me on psn.

10. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I think more people have had an issue with the sliders if you look at the entire dynasty. Guys do make that big a deal because they win the game and nobody else is complaining.

The issue i have with this set is not so much the broken tackles or the pass blocking. Again as was brought up buy some guys on op sports overalls dont mean a guy is perfect or unbeatable.

An olineman could have a 99 but not be that quick or good pass blocking and the 66 de could have good pass rushing skills but little strenght and such. Not saying trude doesn't have an issue its just there could be more to how the ratings played out besides a 66 beat a 99.

My issue is the two things that defeat sim actions, for the pupose of not beating teams like they could be beat in real life.

Pass coverage -
    on a whole is bad across EA football, and to lower the Reaction and animation triggers, which the thread shadow linked on these sliders, defined them as means I as a ranked team with an all american CB can have zero ints. after 4 games. I have been in position for 8 to 10 INT's but since the animation wont kick in, even if i switch to get a user pick the ball bounces of my helmet or goes right by my player. even on wounded ducks my guys dont even go for it
    I think the animation trigger is set a bit too low(pass coverage).

RB ability-
    While Jason Mitchell has avg 120 yds per game, he has gotten those yards off options and broken tackles for big plays. His stats says he is Adrian Peterson / Bo Jackson big fast and physical yet he cant out run any LB or Defesive end to the edge. I have started tracking this and a 96 speed back is avg 2 yards a carry on sweeps and is tackled 9 out of 10 times be a DE or Mlb who out runs him to the outside. That is clearly unsim.

Speed is big in football, Take Chris Johnson Adrian Peterson, Percy Harvin, desean jackson, felix jones, Clemsons Hb(brain cramp) Demps Ect. not saying its the only method to have good Running backs, but to handicap speed that makes 96 speed guys, that are few and far between in this version of the game a non factor is unsim.

11. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

I agree with Smace, at this point I don't really have much reason too run the ball against the CPU when passing is so easy, and running is so slow.

12. Iron Mickey

That's funny coming from a guy who won the Heisman at Running back last year....lol

13. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Yeah, it's nearly pointless to recruit speed even past a certain point (like 92 spd) with the sliders the way they are especially for running backs. Due to the rb ability slider not being at 50, the speed of the rb goes down with the slider, so that's why D-linemen and linebackers can easily catch a 96 spd 99 acc guy like i have .

14. Iron Mickey

So why dont we fix it? Adjust the sliders.

15. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I'd have to raise the rb sliders to 50. I dont know what kind of effect this will have on CPU games, might have to raise cpu awareness too a bit. Have to talk to hoodlum first for a raise like that

16. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

yeah i didnt even wanna start bringing up the toss play to the right i ran. i clearly had the edge on west virginia starting SS. i hit my r2 button and think im in for a big run only to have the 85 speed safety totally snatch my ass up before even a 5 yard carry. this happens every game. my RB is also 96 speed with 99 acc. i know we adjust sliders to make things more realistic, but at least IMO it comes at our expense.

17. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Here's what shall be implemented for our next advance.

Put Human RB ability to 50.
    Put CPU Rush Defense to 35.
    Put Human Interceptions to 5.
    Put CPU Interceptions to 10.
    Put CPU Pass Coverage to 25.
    Put Human Pass Blocking to 15

18. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

hey guys... just want everybody to know coming from me that you are all fun and touhg opponents in each of you own ways and i enjoy the competition. ill be here on tradition still for my madden league, but i am going to be retiring from this dynasty. the game just lost it's fun to me. a lot of different variables that id rather not go over. bottom line is im just not having fun playing college anymore. maybe next year a spot will open up for me and we can run it again. you are all on my psn list so feel free to hit me up whenever. peace

TRude

19. Iron Mickey

I am guessing you didnt win last night.....

Fun playing with you Trude. See ya around.

20. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Trude was a class act and he will be missed in this OD. If you just don't have the interest of playing in it it really just isn't worthwhie. Trust me, that's why I dropped out of Saturday Heroes and Orangre Crush

21. Iron Mickey

I thought you dropped out of Saturday Heroes due to lack of time?

22. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

The first time I dropped was due to lack of interest, but then after rejoining the league I was having fun but I don't have the time.