Note on Week 1 Sliders

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Note on Week 1 Sliders

Guys,

When we had to restart the file, something happened to the sliders...

... something bad.

They are 100 for every user category, and 0 for every CPU category. Not really sure why that would have happened, as my default sliders are different than that.

We have most people on CPU games. Everyone has fair shot to blow out a CPU team. I apologize for forgetting to check the sliders beforehand, with trying to get the schedules all finished up and move as quickly as possible it slipped my mind.

REMEMBER THE SCORING CAP IS 65!
    This is not an excuse to go over. Adjustments are being made as we speak, and it will be squared away for week 2. Again, sorry.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

my game felt normal. Utah didn't play like it was all zeroes. So don't be fooled either.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I think we lucked out with the sliders. After what the first 2 users said after playing their game, it didn't seem like the sliders could really be all 100/0.

I started up a quick game with D rated Rice (me) playing @ Florida (CPU). I set all sliders to 100/0. After 4 minutes of the 1st quarter (which was plenty for me to prove the point) the stats were as follows:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Stat Rice Florida
    score 21 0
    Rushing 5-118-3* 4-(-9)-0**
    Passing 2/2 2/8***
    INTs 0 2

* My 5 rushes included a 68 yard TD (where my 89 speed back outran the entire Gator defense), a 6 yard TD rush which brought my average down and a 34 yard rush.
    ** These were with Rainey or Demps' ridiculously speed asses trying to get to the outside and getting run down in the backfield by my slow backers.
    ***Florida's 2/8 passing included 2 INTs by Tebow, 1 drop that hit the receiver in the mitts, and 3 passes that missed their mark by at least 15 yards.

These are the kinds of numbers I expected with sliders @ 100/0 and keep in mind that I did this on the road with a D rated team against A+ Florida. It's safe to say that, while I don't know what sliders we really have, they sure as shit aren't 100/0.

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah the games are not playing like 100/0 especially on defense. Oh well I seem to make stars out of CPU HB in this league anyway.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Just tackles the SOB. Where are you playing on D (What player are you controlling).

6. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Interesting thing about this all is if you download the OD and check the sliders, they're the normal slider set... I'm thinking it's a glitch.

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hmmm... sounds like it, especially if the games are playing out this way. Either way I've updated them for next week to reflect what we have set here in the league info thread.

8. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

USC was BRUTAL, but it sure was fun!

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yeah my game vs. USF was way tougher than the 41-0 winning margin. It was our normal sliders. 3 early fumbles, all off user hit sticks, including 1 for a TD on their first drive and two as they were driving in my redzone killed them big time.