Notice: Traded Players Cap Hits

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Apparently MLM keeps the contracts of players that were traded.

As such I think the right move (although less realistic) is to let the players contracts fully follow them wherever they are traded - meaning the teams that are trading players do not get cap penalties.

The reason I say this is because if we don't go this route - I will have to manually go in and edit every contract for players that are traded. To me, that is asinine. Just let the contracts follow the players and be done with it.

Its going to take a lot of me to be swayed on this but you guys are welcome to weigh in.

Any players that have already been traded will have this applied to them as well (since it already is applied in MLM.) All owners would have to do is remove the cap penalties from their roster management areas.

*Edit*
    OFFICIAL:
    Contracts of players that are traded follow the player entirely. No contract penalties - bonus' and guaranteed money are transferred to the new team.

2. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Send the entire contract with the player to the new team. Just make it a rule, no one needs to argue this. It would be silly to force you into that much work for a measly technicality. If everyone knows now, then they can't complain when it's time to trade.

3. Jason T.

Jason T. Walk On

Thank goodness

4. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Was wondering how MLM handled that. I agree with what you said in that case.

5. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

It's a great idea. Puts more emphasis on doing your homework before trading for a guy. Because now you're at risk of eating a shitty contract, a big fat juicy stinky contract.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

So when we trade the players, we are only paying their salary correct, the other team pays their signing bonus. And we don't pay their full length of the salary up front...just year by year I'm assuming..

7. Keller

No.

You trade a player and the entire contract follows the player. The player you get, you pay his salary bonus etc and the player you trade you don't worry about.

8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Can we add this to the roster sticky?

9. Keller

Its there.

10. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

bad choice if were trying realism factor...

11. Keller

As I said - it was made purely from an administrative standpoint. Its much easier to allow contracts to follow players than for me to manually go in and edit the contracts for every player thats traded.

12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

all that would have to do is put to 0 correct?

13. Keller

No - I'd have to transfer the cap hits between the players.