NOTICE: When the Game Comes Out

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 5, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Next Tuesday, we will begin a dynasty with the same settings as The Cathedral but without named rosters and picking whichever team you wish. I encourage you to pick a team not in either of our leagues just so that that excitement continues to grow but I really don't care. Be whoever. But know this. We will be advancing THROUGH the pre-season at 4pm Hawaii Time (I'm 6hrs behind EST if you didn't know) EVERY 24hrs during this little test-dynasty. It doesn't matter if you get simmed. We just want to all get through some games, some weeks of recruiting, and whatever else we can while we wait for rosters.

In addition, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend that you try to setup some user games with each other. I previously had the idea of spring games (where we user-user with another player: 1 person using the 1st team of their team and the 2nd teams subs of the same school and then swapping) but understand this depends on the realistic ability to do mass-subs online... which you couldn't last year.

Whatever. Just try to play some games. And branch out. Try to involved the new guys.

Sceptic and Tanner: You guys do need to play mullen and I if at all possible so lets plan on that. Cool?

2. vatechhokie01

To specify: I will be hitting ADVANCE to go to Week 1 ON Tuesday at 4pm Hawaii Time. Any less every single person wants to get done before then and I can do it early... but thats up to ya'll.

3. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I am picking VT for this one....

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

But you could actually have Penn State in this one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. vatechhokie01

mullen, you are the butt of everyones jokes.

6. vatechhokie01

game scheduling thread should start being used. check it out for setting up these pre-season matchups

7. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

Good idea. We should do lots of simming the first week so we know how the carousel will look like and if all the goals (head coach & coordinator) are reasonable. Also, will the league be called The Cathedral? Thanks, very excited! I'm picking Utah so Mormon and I can throw down in the Holy War! lol

8. vatechhokie01

wait, what league? im confused.

9. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

The practice league

10. vatechhokie01

oh... no idea. it will probably be called MullenIsADBag or something simliar

11. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

^silent treatment starts now

• Like Like x 2
  12. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

septic tank, pick a big 12 team so i can kick your ass with Texas.

13. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

UGH! The big 12 is pathetic. I figured you were going to be BYU, but I'll pick Texas A&M.

lol @ "septic tank"

14. vatechhokie01

im gonna be a&m. guess you get to be iowa state.

15. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'll take Nebraska in the practice league.

16. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Think ill go with UCLA in the Dbag league

17. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Well assuming I get the game next week:confused:.....sent a note to Best Buy, Mexico...no repsonse, nobody responds to emails in Mexico

Anway I see no sense in getting a good team and create any illusions of success given that I have WKU.....so will stay in the great PAC 12 and my home state with the

[​IMG]

18. Goose

Goose Walk On

Can you pre-order from Gamestop or Best Buy and get it shipped to you for Tuesday delivery?

19. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Gamestop charges 27.00 to ship to Mexico, then Mexico charges an import tax on the game...then the local FedEx charges a fee for using their service...then it is common knowledge that theft of mail is the norm here in Mexico....

So you could spend $100 and still not get the game.....where as if I go to Best Buy next week I'll pay 800 pesos, about $66 USD and have the game in my hand....

20. Goose

Goose Walk On

That's gay. Move back to America, you apple pie hating hippie. ;)

Or take a day trip across the border on Tuesday, pick up the game and head home. Tell the wife you want to take her to see the Alamo or some stupid sight she'd want to see. Presto, chango you got the game on Tuesday.

21. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

LOL....thats a 12 hr. drive from where we live!

22. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

What kind of a Best Buy is that if it doesn't keep up with the current games?
    I'm picturing this little Radio Shack looking store that has Best Buy written on a piece of cardboard hanging on the window

23. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Mexicans do not have money to do gaming at the level the US does, consoles are very expensive, games as well..so the inventory is not as large....they are still promoting MADDEN 11 in their online ads

24. vatechhokie01

so i got the game today. nice to have little japanese toy shops in Hawaii i suppose. anyways, invites will go out shortly to our generic dynasty. pick whoever is left. i think a bunch of us are going big 12 (goose - nebraska, mormon - texas, myself - a&m) but again... pick whoever.

note on actual league startup: the good news is none of us should require great and perfect rosters for the Cathedral. Once we get a simple set fully named we will begin (should be quick I'm thinking). We can wait a tad for nicer rosters (luvtotha9s, etc) for the Abbey.

25. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger