Notre Shame

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Juggernautblitz, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Notre Shame

Charlie Weis, the most ridiculous looking coach east of Kansas, has managed to "coach down" a very talented ND squad and made them no better than 30 - 40th best team in the country. We may luck out and come back to beat Navy but the very fact that Navy was ahead 21-7 in the 4th quarter, in South Bend, is bad enough. Add that to the home loss to Syracuse last year, the 7-6 record last year, the squeaker wins vs. bad teams like Purdue, Michigan, Michigan State and Boston College, and our programs has just simply become a joke.
    I don't want to hear any more of the excuses, the cold weather recruiting, the academic restrictions, the transfers, whatever unrealistic ND fan or Colin Cowherd can come up with, they simply don't fly. Smaller cold weather schools that finish waaaaaay behind ND in recruiting every year, like Boise State, Cincinnati, TCU (not cold weather but not high recruiters), Utah, BYU, etc., are simply way better coached and put a much better product on the field week in, week out and the results speak for themselves.
    I got into nearly this exact same discussion at the beginning of the year with some guys in OFFL (Dat and others) and the predictions of 11-1, 10-2 at worst and delusions of BCS bowl games and shots at national titles filled their heads. I predicted 8-4, possibly 7-5, despite a favorable schedule and it looks like that is exactly where we are headed.
    All I want for Christmas is a real coach in South Bend (Kelly from Cincy or Patterson from TCU) and a real coach in Big D (Shanahan or Cowher). Charlie Weis has got to go!

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Charlie Weis is the most goofiest looking coach. Not to mention, he is sucking it up at Notre Dame. I thought they'd be able to have a good season this year, looks like they need to fire his ass.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

GO NAVY!!!!