November 3rd-20th Games

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Brandon S., Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Atlanta Hawks 80 @ Phoenix Suns 87

Atlanta took the lead going into halftime, with the score being 47-44. With solid performances by Joe Johnson, Jamal Crawford, Josh Smith, and Al Horford, the Hawks were able to recover from a horrendous 3rd quarter and tie the game 80-80 with less than a minute left in the game. However, the inability to hit big shots and make free throws crippled the Hawks and Phoenix continued on to win 87-80

Only had 11 turnovers, thats not terrible considering i forced 12 turnovers. Happy with my first game, things will come together and click. Still learning free throw motions and shots for all my players, that hurt me in this game, however that will change as the season goes on. Gortat was killing me in the 1st half but in the 2nd half we adjusted and shut him down.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Never thought I'd read that.....

3. Brandon S.

4. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Raped. Twice. That's my game summary.

The only positive is that I started to figure out "Oh hey, John Wall is really good" by the end of the second game and I could pretty much get to the hole at will with him.

5. Dru50

Can you at least post the teams you played and the scores?

6. Brandon S.

Sreese (New Orleans) 72 vs Gngsta 4 Lyphe 82 (Atlanta)

Game ended up being simmed because of a connection problem in the 3rd quarter. I was losing by about 10 or so and we had the connection error, i ended up winning because of simulation. Great game man, sorry we couldnt finish. Thats 2k for ya. The final sim score was 82-72 me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Haha, yeah. I'm just frustrated by how bad I suck.

Wizards 74 @ Memphis 107
    John Wall got into early foul trouble and only played 21 minutes in this game. Blatche and Javale McGee were both good on the glass totaling 13 and 14 boards respectively. The Wizards shot 41% from the field (21% from 3) and turned it over 19 times, which ultimately was the biggest factor in their defeat. The Grizzlies shot the ball 48% from the field and only turned it over 7 times.

Wizards 78 @ Charlotte 99
    The Wizards may have started to find a gameplan that works, but it was too late in the game to make any real difference. They played an uptempo, full court pressing style for the 4th quarter and actually came out ahead for the first quarter out of 8 this season by winning the 4th 26-25. DJ Augustin was literally unstoppable. In just 25 minutes, he put up 31 points on 58% shooting including an impressive assortment of fadeaways and tough layups. On the other side, the Wizards turned the ball over 19 times again and John Wall had 8 of those TOs. He attempted to make up for it though with a 12-22 performance, putting up 29 points in 32 min before ultimately fouling out with a minute left. The Wizards new, uptempo style was also accompanied by a good deal more jumpers from deep as roughly a third of their shots came from downtown and this time they went 7-22 from deep. The Wiz may look to add more shooters if they decide to continue with this style of play.

8. sreese

sreese Walk On

Yea my dog was chasing his toy, that my friend threw and he ran right into the power supply. Disconnected, dammit, good game.

9. sreese

sreese Walk On

Gortat is a pretty good player just never got the chance to get 20+ touches in orlando. When he got to the suns he was hurt, plus they never give anyone many touches in the post.

10. Brandon S.

San Antonio Spurs 89 @ Atlanta Hawks 98

First cpu win for me, and I am proud to say I won against a 60 win playoff team. The key to this game was Jamal Crawford being a beast off the bench, scoring 27 points and sealing the game with a huge 3 pointer to make it a 6 point game with less than a minute left to play. Another deciding factor in this one was ball security, as the Hawks only turned the ball over 5 times compared to the Spurs 13 turnovers. Josh Smith and Al Horford dominated the paint, combining to 7 total blocks on the day. Free throw shooting improved from last game, shooting 89% at the line (17-19).

11. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

The Bobcats worked me something like 94-68. I committed 27 turnovers so that pretty much sums it up.

12. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I tried to play my game against the Nets, but I got disconnected in the first quarter. I was down like 11 or so already so I'm pretty sure it ended in a Wizards loss.

13. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Spurs - 84
    Thunder - 80

The Spurs took a 48-41 lead into halftime, but the Thunder came out on fire, going on an 11-0 run to take a 4 point lead. From there, the rest of the game was back and forth. OKC had the lead after a HUGE slamdunk put back by Serge Ibaka with 1:21 remaining. However, a blown defensive assignment lead to a wide open Tim Duncan layup followed by a quick turnover and a San Antonio Score to put the game at 83-80 with 00:30 remaining in the game. The Thunder got the play they wanted and Kevin Durant was wide open for a 3 but missed with 10 seconds left.

Manu Ginobli hit 1 of 2 free throws to make it a 4 point game and effectively end the game.

Stats:

Durant - 39 points, 8 Boards, 16/28 shooting.

Westbrook - 13 points, 5 assists ( i have to find a way for him to hit his shots, he is terrible at attacking the rim)

Ibaka - 12 points, 13 boards, 4 blocks, 6-8 shooting. STUD of the game on defense. Also, two Thunderous put back dunks on missed shots.

Hardin - 12 points, 4 boards

Im thinking maybe the Spurs are just terrible, because that game felt really easy. I have not played a CPU game on all-star and come within 20 points, so for the first game, that felt pretty good. Ginobli killed me with 31 points. Shockingly enough, the Spurs shot 3/17 in the 3rd quarter!?!

14. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Utah- 99
    Golden State- 73

This game was back and forth right up until halftime where the Jazz went on a run and took a ten point lead into the half where they never turned looked back. Inablilty to rebound and repeated second chance points killed any hopes of a Warriors comeback , as did the loss of Steph Curry early in the 3rd. The one bright spot was the emergence of David Lee as a viable offensive option. A poor start to the season though.

Stats:

Monta Ellis 18 Points, 2 Rebounds, 6 Assists, 2 Steals
    David Lee 17 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal
    Stephen Curry 12 points 2 rebounds 3 assists, 3 steals
    Dorrell Wright 8 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals

Team FG 31-66
    Team 3pt 5-122

15. Dru50

Minnesota 107
    New York 112

I was very happy with the way the young Twolves continued to fight back vs the Knicks, and we had a chance off a steal to tie the game with under 30 seconds to play but a nice block by the Knicks on a fast break layup effectively ended the game. SF Martell Webster led Minnesota with 31 points and young Mr Ruuuuubbbiiiiiooooo had a great opening game of his career with 17 points, 16 assist, 5 boards and 5 steals. But at the end the star combination for NY of Carmelo, Chauncey Billups and Amare was just too much, as I believe those 3 players had nearly 75 points. Good game makinpropel.

Denver 101
    Minnesota 68

Not much to say here, we were down 19 points after 1 quarter and just couldn't get anything going offensively and the Nuggets went nuts from 3. Rough game on the road...

16. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Ryno and I could seem to stay connected in two attempts last night. The game was ultimately simmed with the Mavs taking it 90-76.

In a game that was completed...
    Kings 71
    Spurs 87

Key players:
    Tyreke Evans 19 Points, 7 Boards, 9 Dimes, 3 steals
    Marcus Thornton 22 Points, 3 Boards

Tim Duncan 18 Points, 14 Boards
    Manu Ginobili 18 Points, 4 Boards, 4 Dimes, 2 Steals

17. Bucs

Clippers 98
    Warriors 78

This was only a 6 point game at halftime but once again poor second half play coupled with outstanding opponent play led to a warriors loss. We got abused in the paint giving up 58 in the paint and being outrebounded 42-33. Add in the fact that the clippers shot 60% to our 43% and we never had a chance really. Need to get some more rebounding help and some physical players down low and maybe we win this game.

Player Stats

Stephen Curry 21 pts 2 reb 4 ast 4 stl
    Monta Ellis 16 pts 3 reb 3 ast
    David Lee 15 pts 4 reb 5 ast 1 stl

Blake Griffin 24 pts, 12 reb, 3 ast
    Eric Gordon 20 points 4 reb 5 ast
    Mo Williams 14 pts 1 reb 7 ast

18. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Portland 56
    Toronto 80?

Portland started well, but the wheels slowly fell off during the later stages of the first quarter and for most of the second quarter. Toronto took a 5-6 point lead and made it about 25-30 lead by halftime. Portland tried to fight back and make a game, pulling to within 17 early in the fourth quarter, but could never make the plays to make the game interesting.

Next time, I will look at the stats, before I shut the game off.

19. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Raptors 94 @ Wizards 81

Honestly, its a game the Wizards should have won. Nick Young and Rashard Lewis were both red hot from deep and they combined for 43 points and 9-18 from deep. As a team, the Wizards seem to have embraced the uptempo run and gun style as they shot 33 3s on the day (making 12 of them). The Wiz took a 6 point lead into the break behind a big Rashard Lewis fueled 14-0 run but ultimately came apart in the second half, being outscored by 19 in that half. The biggest surprise of the game was the play of John Wall. In one of his worst games as a pro, Wall went 4-24 (no, really) from the field and missed a wide array of layups and up and unders that he usually makes with regularity. With even a below average game from Wall (rather than the dreadful effort they got), the Wizards feel like they could have won this game.

20. Bucs

Bulls 87
    Warriors 94

A late run gives the Warriors the win in an up and down game vs Danthraxxx and his Chicago Bulls. A 33 point 4th quarter behind solid defense and wide open 3's by Dorrell Wright and Monta Ellis were enough to propel the Warriors who at one point were down by more than 10 in the game. They were able to overcome stupid out of bounds turnovers and other mental mistakes and show some heart.

Stats

Stephen Curry 26 Pts, 6 Reb, 5 Ast, 3 Stl
    Dorrell Wright 23 pts, 2 reb, 1 ast, 3 stl
    Monta Ellis 19 Pts, 4 Reb, 2 Ast, 4 Stl
    David Lee 11 pts, 9 reb, 3 ast, 1 stl, 3 blocks

Derrick Rose 25 pts, 3 reb, 6 ast, 3 stls
    Carlos Boozer 21 pts 4 reb 4 ast, 2 stl
    Joakim Noah 10 pts 10 reb 1 ast 1 stl

• Like Like x 1
  21. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Mavs 91 @ Wizards 101

An up and down game that must have been a lot of fun to watch. Both teams were very sloppy with the ball, as the Wiz turned it over 20 times and the Mavs turned it over 16 times. The biggest stats in favor of the Wizards were rebounding (where they held a 48-32 advantage) and fast break points (where the hectic pace that they have started to play generated 45 points). The Wizards took a 19 point lead at one point in the 4th quarter, but the Mavericks showed great fight and turned the Wizards over on what seemed like every possession and managed to cut that deficit to as little as 4 with just 1:45 left in the game. But after a timeout, John Wall would get to the hole for 2 and the Mavs would get no closer.

Stats
    Jason Terry 25 pts, 4 boards, 3 ast, 5 stl, 10-15 shooting (3-5 from 3)
    Dirk 20 points, 4 reb, 3 blk

Nick Young 28 points, 7 reb, 4 ast, 12-16 shooting (4-6 from 3)
    John Wall 27 points, 8 ast, 5 stl
    Andray Blatche 17 points, 13 reb, 2 blk, 8-12 shooting
    JaVale McGee 10 points, 14 reb, 3 ast, 2 stl, 3 blk

22. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Celtics - 92
    Knicks - 76

Or something like that. I had to sim to the end of the game, because I had to do something. I wasn't expecting the game to last like an hour and fifteen minutes. Melo played really well, but Paul Pierce missed 2 shots I think.

23. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Magic 79 @ Wizards 97

GG Bondzai007 . Overall it was a very close game most of the way except for the second quarter where the Wiz would build a 16 point lead that would allow them to coast to the finish. It was a balanced attack from the Wizards, with 11 players scoring and 6 scoring in double figures. John Wall led the way with 25. The Wizards again made their living on the fast break, scoring 47 of their 97 on the break. On the other side, Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu both put up double-doubles, but their efforts were not enough to overcome a bad night shooting from the outside from the Magic who were 6/25 from behind the arc.

Stats:
    Dwight Howard 20 points, 11 reb, 3 blk
    Hedo Turkoglu 13 points, 10 reb, 2 ast

John Wall 25 points, 2 reb, 7 ast, 4 stl
    JaVale McGee 10 points, 10 red, 3 ast
    Jordan Crawford 12 points, 3 ast

24. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Kings 81
    Rockets 92

Key Players:
    Tyreke Evans 23 Points, 7 Dimes, 4 Steals, 10-10 FT
    Marcus Thornton 18 Points

Kevin Martin 23 Points, 10-11 FG

Kings 83
    Raptors 101

Key Players:
    Marcus Thornton 24 Points, 5-8 3PT
    Tyreke Evans 16 Points, 10 Dimes, 4 Boards

Leandro Barbosa 22 Points

In both games i just couldn't break the 10 point cushion. I feel myself getting better at this game as the turnovers have been cut down. I just need to stop giving up such easy looks on O. There is no way a player should only miss one shot throughout a game.

25. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I just got housed by Boston as well. The hit 8 of their first 10 3,s and were up 20 ~ in the first quarter. They ended up like 65% from the field. I could do nothing but laugh. When Avery Bradley comes in and scores 10 pts in 2 minutes you know you're fucked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.