Now ACCEPTING NEW Board member spots

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jul 1, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Now ACCEPTING NEW Board member spots

These are the following 2 board positions that are open and exactly what will be expected of you.

OPEN POSITION TO BE FILLED: 2 - (Free Agency Ast, Cap Book Ast) and (Cap Book Rep)

These are my thoughts on what we need for these 2 positions:

(Free Agency Ast, Cap Book Ast) - This person will be committing to helping Web with season and offseason Free Agency. He will be overseen and even directed by Web on what needs to be done. This person will also be committing to helping the Cap Book Rep with keeping track of team management threads and updating of cap book. This person will be directed by the Cap book rep.

(Cap Book Rep) - This person will be committing to keeping track and managing team management threads, managing and updating league Cap book. This, IMO, is the most important job of the whole board. It should be their only commitment and it should be done right. This person will be responsible for taking over all systems of how cap book and team management threads are updated and posted. It is their job to run it the way they want.

Here is a non-board position that is also open:

NON-BOARD MEMBERS Responsibilities (see below for details)
    League Historian - This person will be committing to keeping track of all league history in the League History Forum. This included Summaries, Standings, Teams, ect. They will have the ability to do this there own way and will be responsible in getting their own help and coming up with their own systems to keep track of the OMFL League History.

2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Nate, have you ever considered moving away from the point system and using an actual contract system? It can be done if you are interested. Much easier to manage in my opinion because then it's all on one file and you don't have separate cap books to keep updated, but I guess that is in the eyes of the beholder. I certainly don't want to rock the boat by any means. Just putting it out there if you would like to discuss it with me individually.

3. natedawg212000

Sure chunk, we can discuss, but from what I know of that system it is much harder to keep up and this system is also more realistic. I am open to suggestions any time. Hit me up. I've also heard nothing but great things about you and we'd love to have you aboard if you have the time and interest.

I should also state that all board members also commit to the following:
    - All board members are required to check the forums each and every day.
    - All board members are required to respond to board post in a timely fashion, and should be the same day if you are checking these forums each day.
    - All board members (unless out of town) are required to be on AIM every day.
    - All board members should pull together during offseason and participate in something (fa's, draft, trades, ect) to help the offseason move smoothly.
    - Commish, Co-commish, and both AFC and NFC Rep will have mod powers. These powers are to NOT be abused. You are only allowed to close a thread if it is uncalled for or getting abusive. NO THREADS MAYBE DELETED BY ANYONE OTHER THAN COMMISH OR CO-COMMISH.
    - All board members are to make sure their outlined duties are done each week, weather busy at work, working over time, out of town, vacation, ect. You make sure your duties are being taken care of by someone, no matter what.

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

These should be required of all posters, not just board members. Just my .02

5. natedawg212000

ah, I wish...

No takers? This league is built upon league member stepping up to the plate, if you guys want the OMFL to carry on then someone must step up, or things may not go on.

6. pittrocks43

pittrocks43 TMFL Steelers

D we both happen to agree on this (and why wouldn't we). Believe me Nate using this system (contract system) is the realist form of a cap system if you ask me. Point system is nice but its flawed a bit. I'm into being as real to the NFL as possible & the contract system achieves that. This cuts down the fantasy football aspect when it comes to trades. Yes you can still have some crazy deals made but you can also pay big time when you do this deals. Cap hits alone will crush your team if you don't manage your cap correctly.

7. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

+1

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'm going to second Nate's last post. If we don't have some guys stepping up to the plate to help us in those areas of need, that would be a very bad sign for this league and I can't see our current boardmembers carrying this crazy workload much longer.

If you like the league time to step up. Otherwise this is becoming a bit too overwhelming for the few of us...

9. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I would like to be on the board and help in any way. I think the assistant to Web is a good place for me to start but if needed elsewhere that is fine also...

10. CHUNKNESS

Actually, it is quite the opposite. Just for example... We have parameters in place such as in-season and post-season resigning limits (limited to two per team and it's based on player overalls to allow for a more talented draft pool - particularly for those teams with "lesser" talent and lots of cap room), trade limits to prevent "fantasy" team building, and the player contracts actually increase with each season as you would see in the NFL as opposed to staying the same or regressing based on player overall or free agent bid, not to mention cap hits actually regress each season as they should and we limit cap penalties to ensure realistic trades/releases. It creates much more realism from a franchise mgmt standpiont and it puts a LOT more responsibility on the OWNERS instead of the staff having to manage points and cap books. The point system has flaws of its own with loop holes that can be exploited, but what system doesn't. Please don't think I'm disrespecting your system when I say that because I'm not. By no means is our contract system perfect either. However, I do feel it is much more realistic from a franchise mgmt standpoint and certainly easier to manage from a staff standpoint which is why I suggested it. By no means am I saying that there is only one right way to do things because obviously you guys were successful with what you did. Again, just a suggestion. I'd be more than happy to provide additional info if you have any questions/concerns regarding. That, or you can just tell me to shut my pie hole if you don't want to hear any more of it... ;)

I appreciate the compliment. I know I will have my hands full, but I will let you know if I am available to assist with any staff functions. *edit* I just don't want to overextend myself. Typically I only commit to one league, so I already feel somewhat overextended... ;)

11. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I'm haven't said anything until now, but you guys know that I always down to help out. If no one will step up, you can throw my name in the hat.

Edit: I am starting a new job this week on top of my old job, so I may have much less down time than you guys usually get from me, but I still plan on being around here alot. Just something to consider, and the reason I haven't volunteered until now.

12. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

I wouldn't mind helping Web out with the free agency, or helping with the cap book either. This is a great league, and everyone should contribute.

13. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

We need someone dedicated and commited. Keeping this book accurate is no joke especially during the offseason. I believe there were four of us updating this past draft and FA. But we learned from some things, that we will change next year and it will be easier and more managebale. I will help in the transition for the new guy and I will as much as I can during the busy times.

Hopefully someone grabs this thing by the horns and makes it his *****!!!!

14. natedawg212000

Dunn, let's talk on AIM, you can take that Ast to web and Ast Capbook position, but the main position is the Cap Book itself.

Again guys, if we don't get people to step up to the plate then this won't be a good sign for the OMFL. Even if there were no cap book and we done a different system, we still need someone to oversee that, so it's a board position either way.

Hopefully in 2k11 there is a cap system and this won't be such a huge job. Whoever takes the job only has 3 weeks left to watch over the cap book, that's not a lot and its already done.

Chunk, no worries. I had heard some things that would cause you to have more time, but if I misunderstood no worries. You don't ever have to feel like you can't give me your feelings. We are all big boys and I won't get my feelings hurt. Even if you came out and said it was stupid, I am still going to do what I feel is best but again, I know that I don't know everything and I am more than willing to listen. I still do not understand how your system works, or if you understand how our system works. Players do go up and down with our system and there are cap hits and now we have limits on amount of trades and amount of players per trade. We are always tweaking, and I too know that our system isn't perfect. Hit me up on AIM sometime and we can talk.

15. Gabeastmode

Gabeastmode Walk On

Natedawg I dont know it all im still in process of learning how things go. Im willing to help do some part if i get trained up.

16. natedawg212000

GA, hit me up on AIM, let's talk

17. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I can take on the cap Nate, I want to help but also need to really watch my time in the fall. All I ask is that I have someone to work with, so that when I cant do it all we have it covered.

As you know I coach Football and then Basketball overlaps it and I coach that too.

With games, tourney's and so on in the fall I am a busy dude between work, family and sports.

Let me know what I can do and if you think it will work. Ill hit you on AIM tonight when I get home from work and coaching a summer league bball game!

Thx.

18. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I understand how the cap works I am just a bit confused on the cap hits but I am willing to offer some help for the cap book. maybe if we got 3 owners to do the cap book it wouldnt be so time consuming for just 1 person to do all the work.

19. Gabeastmode

Gabeastmode Walk On

Yea 3 people on cap book dont sound bad with a full league of 32 teams. So guy #1 can manage 10 teams and guy #2 manage 10 and guy #3 gets 12. Im on AIM now nate

20. CHUNKNESS

make it 4 guys and you could have one assigned to a division for each conference... so cap book mgr 1 would be in charge of AFC and NFC West, mgr 2 in charge of AFC and NFC south, etc. that way, only 8 teams are under each mgr's belt and it's easy to keep track of who's in charge of what. just a suggestion.

21. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

heh, talk about lightening the workload.

22. natedawg212000

As soon as i finish filling these last two spots, hopefully we can fill the 3rd, I will announce the new OMFL structured plan for the rest of this year and 2k11. Wajy has taken over our cap book and this is a good thing!

Here are the positions I need to fill now:

OPEN BOARD POSITION TO BE FILLED: 1 - (Free Agency Ast, Cap Book Ast)

(Free Agency Ast, Cap Book Ast) - This person will be committing to helping Web with season and offseason Free Agency. He will be overseen and even directed by Web on what needs to be done. This person will also be committing to helping the Cap Book Rep with keeping track of team management threads and updating of cap book. This person will be directed by the Cap book rep.

Here are 2 non-board position that is also open:

NON-BOARD MEMBERS Responsibilities (see below for details)
    League Historian - This person will be committing to keeping track of all league history in the League History Forum. This included Summaries, Standings, Teams, ect. They will have the ability to do this there own way and will be responsible in getting their own help and coming up with their own systems to keep track of the OMFL League History.

Wajy's old position - Recruiting manager. His job is to make sure the OMFL is being published for everyone to know about our league and his job is to make sure that all league openings are being posted and filled as fast as possible. They are to also make sure that the league waiting list is staying as full as possible, and to make sure that list is being stayed in touch with and those owners are still interested and around. He is also to notify these owners that the OMFL is a pay league.

23. natedawg212000

Also the bad part about the book is only in the offseason, other than that it's pretty easy.

Also the new cap book guy, wajy, will have the option to get as much help as needed when time comes.

We will also be looking at our rules and the way we do the offseason to better tweak some things.

24. natedawg212000

I am waiting to hear back from Dunn, Bruce, and GABeast about these last positions.

25. natedawg212000

Here is the last position that is open, we have filled all others:

I will post our new systems here in a moment, because this above position is needed, but not necessary.