Now on the clock ..... episode 2

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Danthraxxx, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Halfway home in season 1
    Halfway.Home_.Dog_.jpg
    *this piece is sponsored in part by Mike Vick*

Going into week 9 of TMFL some teams have placed themselves into the playoff race ...... those teams will not get any mention here. We take a second look at the teams racing for those top draft picks and placing themselves "on the clock".

#1 Eagles - This team is 0-8 and has traded away the herpes infested face of the franchise in Michael Vick. I gotta think this team will win a game, they still have a lot of talent but so far this team seems to be imploding a bit under coach MartyWebb . Hopefully coach Marty gets things turned around a bit here or the Philly fans may be booing Santa again this winter.

#2 Chargers - Depending on the desire to beat a rival or get a higher draft pick coach Cheez is either still a bit upset that he lost to fellow season 1 bum Danthraxxx or happy, this part is up for debate. What is not up for debate is the steamrolling machine that is the Chargers heading face first into the #1 overall pick. If San Diego wants to avoid going 0-16 one would think the best bet will come in the next two games against Denver & Tampa Bay.

#3 Bucs - Tampa Bay has been bad this year, and the fact that they have to play the undefeated Saints & Falcons have not made things any easier. The good news for coach Bondzai ..... he gets games against the Chargers, Broncos & Eagles. I would not be surprised to see 2-1 or 3-0 in those games.

#4 Broncos - This late in the season it is a surprise that Manning is not rocking the Bobby Heenan neck brace just to avoid losing some more. The Bronco offense has been decent enough to win some games, but the defense is just horrible and has shown no room for improvement. The coaching staff has made a few changes in starting lineup , only time will tell if it will work. Denver also plays Tampa Bay and San Diego again as already mentioned , those will be the best hope to avoid 1-15 mark.

#5 Cowboys - America's Team , or team coke house depending on how old you are , is a new addition to this list. After going 1-2 with losses to the Seahawks and Giants most figured that it was a tough start against good teams, but the boys have lost 4 straight and have only 1 win against the Bucs. Coach sawemoff has had issues with his defense this year , but with back to back games agains the Eagles and Browns coming up you would have to think he will get back on track.

#6 Colts - Coach ZCar352 Knew coming into the season that he has a team that is rebuilding , and the 1-6 records shows it. The bright side for the Colts however is that they are competitive. So far the Colts have lost 4 games by lest that 10 points , and have only been blown out once. The bad news however is that the Colts do not have any other 0-1 win teams left on the schedule , I think this team is better than it has played and I look for a few upsets.

Honorable ..... dishonorable mention

Cleveland Browns - No big shocker here as the Browns have one of the least talented rosters in the NFL , heck they may have one of the least talented rosters in the Big 10 if you want to be technical. TMFL president , Browns head coach & SIM nazi Shaun Mason may be taking SIM a bit too far in making sure Cleveland losses 14 games a year :p . Coming in at 2-6 is not a big shocker , and with games against Dallas & Denver still on the schedule the Browns might get to 4-12. If Shaun want's to stay SIM he will likely trade that high pick down to take a shitty player , or trade it for a first next year and draft a 30 year old QB, not that I am bitter about my team or anything :mad:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'm going to be here soon Danthraxxx....3-5, riding a sweet 4 game losing streak and possibly playing the worst football in the league in the past 3 weeks. Looking at my schedule a 3-13 finish is not out of the picture.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I would kick a puppy to have 3 wins :(

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dru50

2 of them came vs guys on your list and one was a sim.... I think I'm like 10 points from being 1-7.

5. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Well....at least we're first in something!!

Good stuff Danthraxxx

6. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Sadly PFP is represented well up in here :( lol

I blame I Peench

• Like Like x 1
  7. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

He never prepared us for this!!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

It should be noted that I have lost 5 of my 8 games by 6 points or less... and two of them were OT losses.

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I am in similar boat , been beaten badly only twice, rest were all tight games.

10. Dru50

It should be noted that in 2 of my last 3 losses, I have scored a total of 16 points.....2 on a safety and one on a returned FG for a TD.....I absolutely suck at this game.

Even in the game that I scored some points in, I was never in the game. I've been completely destroyed for 3 straight weeks. I may start Campbell and Bush next week just to see if it helps....it certainly can't hurt.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  11. Cheez

you have 3 wins. you're not on my level yet.

12. Dru50

Like I told Dan, 2 of my 3 came against Indy and Dallas. I'm pretty sure if we played again, I'd lose both games.

13. Cheez

i'm sure that i lost each of my first 8 games

14. Dru50

Yes, but you were close (so you said) in many of them, so you have some hope. I was close in my 2 wins (the other was a sim) and have been blown out in all my losses, so all I have is despair.

15. Cheez

a chargers football game is a comedy of errors. The "hope" is only a tool to build suspense towards the inevitable end: failure

16. Dru50

We shall see.....I think you get to 3 wins...at least.

17. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

It should be noted that I have gotten my ass kicked in every game I've played.

19. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Poor Bond! :(

20. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Dont forget the Dolphins

21. Dru50

Let's be real, you will be at .500 by seasons end.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

There are some sandbaggin mother fuckers in this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

on a more serious note , Shaun Mason what happens if we put all this XP into coach packages, but then we get fired ?

24. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Despite having a 21-6 lead at the half the Broncos yet again find a way to lose :mad:

25. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I have firing turned off.