Now that your team is full of your own recruiting classes.....

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Nov 26, 2010.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Do you like the direction your team is currently headed?
    What players have been surprises?
    disappointments?
    flops?
    Players another user swiped from you that they arent using at all?
    Best recruiting class overall?

2. JrRawlins

I like the way my team is headed... i will have some major choices to make this offseason, about the direction i want this team to go....
    Surprises
    WR Andrew Larsen.... i knew he had the size/speed to be good, but i didnt think he would be this good....
    OLB Andrew Armstrong... Armstrong has quietly started for 3 seasons on the outside and been very solid....

DE Corey Sanders... had 14 sacks last season (school record) and has 6 more this year, if he comes back, could leave Kansas State as the all-time sack leader...

Disappointments
    WR Dominique Gray... he has the same size/speed combo Larsen does but he isnt nearly the playmaker Larsen is...
    CB Scott Barnes.... not sure what happened with this guy.. he just never panned out....
    Flops
    DE Jason Walker... was supposed to be the bookend for Kyle Stanford, a 4 star recruit rated as a 62 overall... sigh... he is growing into the position and getting a small amount of time... but he is a junior when does the light click on?
    Best Recruiting Class

My 2011 recruiting class is clearly my best class so far…. 8 starters came from this class…. And two of them have been spectacular…. Larsen, 2nd in the Heisman voting and Sanders, 1st team all-american and potential to break the KSU sack record…..

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

My team is quite the mixed up lot of football players. With the new recruiting system, it's pretty difficult to get the guys you need because you can't put that major of an emphasis on them. I've been in huge need of a CB for the past couple seasons and would probably spend 5 hours a week on a guy if I could get him, but that isn't an option so I've gotten stuck with scrubs.

I'm torn in what way to take my team. I always build my team around my QB and ideally, I wanted to dabble between the air raid and the run n shoot. However, I haven't been able to recruit a QB with high enough accuracy to do entrust those systems to him. This is the one gripe I have with this years recruiting system. It seems you can't go out and get the guy you need. You can only get what EA gives you in interested players, and even then it's tough to grab some good guys if they don't have you #1 on their list.

I have SO QB Bill Hill who is pretty good, but he's more suited for a spread option. I already run that with the Gators so I don't want to go full bore to that. I'll continue to adjust each season based around what I can get at QB. And DAMN YOU SHAUN for taking that JUCO QB this year. He was going to be a stud for me.

My best class was the 2012 class which would be seniors now. That class was loaded with defensive talent at the LB and DL groups. MLB Deonne Graham has been a stud and some of his wingmen are RS juniors who will hopefully be back next season. Also, Daniel Lowe at DE has been really solid.

My biggest disappointment has been at CB. In season 1 I signed :4stars: athlete Anthony McBride thinking he'd be a stud CB for us, I couldn't of been more wrong. Apparently, anything lower than upper 80s in coverage ratings and the guy is pretty much worthless. This has caused a lot of agony for the Tiger defense since I can't trust my secondary in man to man coverage which has forced us to play a lot of zone and we all know how effective the zone coverages are.

My favorite recruits have been my LBs and HB Nigel Hayes. He hasn't done much so far, but he's starting to break out more this year. He's arguably one of the fastest backs in the nation and he's starting to develop some really good talent. Unfortunately he's fragile and injures easily and his carry rating isn't the best so he can put it on the carpet but he's finally making up for that this year. He's a true weapon running the ball and catching it out of the backfield. He may be a heisman contender next season.

4. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

1. I do like the direction my team is heading for the 1st time with Kentucky. Of the 4 losses I have on the season, 3 of those I loss by a total of 11 points(I was only blown out by Ole Miss). Those 3 games I could have won with better execution & be sitting @ 9-1 right now.

2a. HB Antoine Goddard. He showed flashes of a good runner in his 1st 2 yrs. Now as a full time starter in his JR yr, he is 160 yds shy of having his 1st 1000 yd season.

2b. WR Rick Keith. We thought he would make a great #2 WR, but he has performed beyond what we expected. He has improved every year & hopefully he will stick around for his SR year.

3. QB Trent McLaughlin. Trent hasn't panned out as we expected. He hasn't flopped, but he is a dissapointment. He is having a good year so far this year, but now he is a SR, so its a little to late.

4. WR Chris Hall. Biggest flop we recruited. He is 6'2, 210lbs & still can't catch the ball. He was recruited to be our #1 WR, but his CTH is still low 60's & he is now a SR.

5. Users don't go after the same guys I go after.

6. The best recuiting I had was UK Recruiting Class Year 3. That year we recruited:
    HB Antoine Goddard
    WR Rick Keith
    LE Cody Meyer(He's an ALL-AMERICAN)
    HB Dan Parker(Really good in the kick return department)

5. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Absolutely. My team is really young this year and Vernon Wright is starting to get it at QB. I have a great recruiting class coming in and had a really good one last year, so Im expecting big things over the next few years.

Surprises?

Ron Robinson at DE. I knew he was going to be good, but this guy has been off the charts good so far and could be the best player to play at Ole Miss if he continues to develop. He is only a RS sophmore.

Disapointments?

Roy Lynch at C. He was one of my first :4stars: recruits about 4 years ago and he just got passed on the depth chart by a RS freshman.

Flops?

Cody Jackson at WR, has done very little and likes to fumble the ball.

Player swiped from me?

I really stop following players once they choose to play for someone else.

Could be this year, with the playmakers at WR and hopefully over the next few weeks will fill in with some depth along the OL, this class has the potential to be special.

6. JrRawlins

i must be the only person that follows bastids who choose to go elsewhere....

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I do. Lawdog really hates the three guys he's ever missed out on.

8. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:

I guess. Not sure what direction that is exactly. Probably heading in a circular direction.

MLB Adam Williams was a :3stars: OLB from West Virginia that we got in on late. After the move to the inside, he's been an absolute stud. Earning AA honors his sophomore year and leading out team in tackles.

disappointments?

Too many to really list. :3stars: QB Titus Blanks should have progressed more than where he is currently. Still making bad throws and can't stay healthy. Still servicable, but not at all the QB that caused us to pursue him. I've recruited several :4stars: ATHs and none of them have really panned out as hoped.

flops?

:4stars: G Trenton Perry was slated for some playing time his freshmen year, but a bad summer, spring and first two years of his career have him buried in the depth chart behind lesser recruits. Really hoping he turns it on soon.

The only notable players I've lost to other users are enrolled at Duke. HB Christian Ricks and QB Blount are two of the more notable ones. Blount probably hurts the worst as I'm dry at the QB position, although Ricks is probably a better talent. Then Duke goes and grabs two more :4stars: QBs this year including the only QB recruit in the state of NC. Could be screwed. I had to recruit some :3stars: ATHs this year and hope one of them can grow into something serviceable.

I have MORE talent in my current class, but last year's class is probably the best I've reeled in. :4stars: DT Mathis is really coming into his own. :4stars: DE Rob Russ will soon be unblockable.

9. OMlawdog

Im pretty sure I've missed out on four, but you could be right. The one guy that I missed out on in the first year recruiting was Nik Breedlove, who signed with Auburn and is their best player.

LSU has beaten me out on several players, three this year alone, the best being Dylan Singleton who won the Heisman last year despite being from Mississippi, and literally 30 minutes from Ole Miss campus.

The biggest miss I've had against another user was Dylan Pendelton from Texas that Bondzai stole away from me last year, who is going to be an absolute stud. Well at least he should be.

10. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

His name is Donny Pendleton. This is why he didn't sign with Ole Miss, the coaching staff kept calling him Dylan.

11. OMlawdog

That and he never wanted to have his new years interrupted by having to a play a game.

12. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

This is a bit tough to answer full as this is only my 3rd season with the team. Our talent has been improving, though we have been trying to get over the hump of 3-4 losses and really make a play for the SEC. Last years recruit class was good and this year's looks promising too.

Manson and Montgomery were somewhat surprising. They jumped in rating far more than I would've expected and have become elite receivers.

Last year recruit Edwin Allen OLB was a :3stars:guy who was just added for depth. However, he came in as a 76. he is getting redshirted while Coker plays his Sr year, and is expected to be our next star LB for years. His 85 spd and 90 acceleration falls right in line with a good blitzing lb.

:3stars:HB FS RS Vinnie Bullock came in this season as 3rd on the depth chart and is 74 overall, and has just eclipsed the 1000 yard mark on the ground in relief duty.

disappointments?

:3stars:TEs Lee and Miller both came in at 71 and 70 respectively, but have failed to progress much at all in the offseason as Jr Lee is a 75 and Soph Miller a 72. Though Lee has had decent production getting about 300- 400 yards receiving each season.

flops?

Alex Smith was a :4stars: athlete I heavily recruited in my first season recruiting class. He came in as a 65 at HB or QB. He is too slow and too low of carry rating for HB and doesnt throw very well for a QB. So he is essentially worthless and barely holding on to a roster spot.

I stop following them really and dont write their names down, so I forget who they were

The recruiting class I inherited was pretty good with some star players. It has produced 6 starters Manson, 91 C Booker, 84 DE McNamara, 3 yr start at LB Potts (77), DE White (78), and TE Lee. And I project another 2-3 guys starting in their JR(RS) and Sr seasons.

However, I think my 2nd recruiting class will turn out better. We recruited 11 guys, 2 of them are our starting K and punter for the next 3-4 years. Only 1 disappointment a 60 ovr G. There are 7 guys 73+ who either are starting or will be starting within the next year or 2 and will be the foundation for Miss St future.​