[NSFW]Headline News: Hamilton visit goes better than expected!

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by MRamirez, Oct 7, 2009.

1. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

[NSFW]Headline News: Hamilton visit goes better than expected!

Hamilton Nearly Commits!​

Well done......Tigers!

All everything QB William Hamilton (#2 QUARTERBACK- 6'5", 215lbs, Wetumpka, AL) was indeed on campus this weekend. It was speculated that Hamilton would not use an Official visit on the Tigers because of being less than 30 minutes away. An Official visit bodes well for the Tigers because he was able to spend time with a number of other 5* recruits who were also on campus this weekend.

Hamilton known as the "Wetumpka Wizzard" has become legendary in this part of Alabama and his lore has attracted would be suitors from all over the country. It is rumored when the new rankings come out at the end of the month that Hamilton will be the #1 recruit in the nation according to recruiting service www.Rivals.com.

Hamilton possesses an uncanny ability to turn a broken play into nothing and has led his Wetumpka High School team to over 40 wins in a row. Hamilton has garnered National acclaim by taking his small 2A Alabama team on the road and defeating some of the more storied programs in the country.

The "Tiger Football Tribunal" was able to sit down with Hamilton this weekend and ask a few questions about his visit..

TFT: How is your visit going?

Hamilton: "It is going great...There really is nothing new to see here as I've been coming here since I was a kid. It was cool to hang out with some of the players..They are real cool and there is definitely a family atmosphere which I like."

TFT: How does Auburn stack up against the other schools on your list?

Hamilton: "To be honest with you I nearly commited this weekend. So Auburn is definitely my top team right now. I have a visit to Alabama next week and I just got back from Florida."

TFT: What did you think of Auburn's start to the season?

Hamilton: "The win over Miami was awesome. I think Miami had won over 20 games in a row or something like that. Anytime you can go into the defending National Champions house and beat them it is huge. It really opened my eyes. Looking at the team which is very young I think Auburn will be good for a long time."

TFT: Are you close to making a decision?

Hamilton: "I think I will probably commit in the next month or so. It is my last year of High School and I really want to enjoy it. It is very flattering to have all these schools after me but it is getting old having to deal with all the phone calls and Coaches visiting the school."

"I think I owe it to my team-mates to focus on our team. Football has started out great and I think it would be cool to win 4 state championships in a row!."

TFT: Who was your host on the visit?

Hamilton: "Auburn does things a little different..You have a player host and you have an activities host. Tyrik Rollison was my player host..."T-Ro" is great he showed me all of the facilities and answered all of my questions."

"My activites host Candace Cummings was great she showed me the dorms and I was able to meet other students. My favorite part of the visit was playing twister with her in her dorm room. We had such a small space to play and it was funny because we kept falling all over each other"

Candace Cummings pictured here......

[​IMG]

Hamilton seen here during visit:

[​IMG]

Let cross our fingers and hope Mr. Hamilton calls Auburn home for the next 5 years. Coach Ramirez has really brought "big-time" football back to Alabama and this would be another feather is in his cap! Go "War Eagle"

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    hmm lemme send Josh Nesbitt to get him to come to GaTech and see how a national title looks like when he wins one at GT ;)

3. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Candace Cummings> Josh Nesbitt

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'd feel bad for Hamilton if he was playing twister with

[​IMG]

Candace Cummings.

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

find a large enough picture damn. lol

you can see her makeup on and lipstick on her teeth

[​IMG]

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm assuming that you insta-signed him this week... otherwise this is a helluva jinx you're putting on yourself.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    nah he didn't sign but he's the first to green bar him out of all the user teams.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I don't think there's any way you would know yet. If his team is #1 he could have signed with him instantly during the last call and it wouldn't show to any of our teams until after the advance.

That's why sometimes if there' a guy in the league I respect going after the same guy, and I insta sign, I'll tell him so he saves his minutes. Cuz he'd have no way of knowing.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    hmm I see...I thought when I saw him last, he didn't commit he was just closer and #1 in the race to sign him...guess we will see.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I will say if he didn't sign him this could be a huge jinx, especially considering there were two other user teams that had him in for a visit this week, one of them being UGA at home against an in-conference rival. And Florida has him in against an in-conference rival (tenn).

Hey Mo do you think being the first to get him to a green bar is a big deal? personally don't.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    nah but I think he vaunted into 1st for the race for him is what prompted this post.

Like u mentioned, there's a ton of guys showing him their respective campuses...I'm hoping he'll take a tour with GT though at least!

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

My guess is, he signs this week with somebody whether that be Auburn, or Florida (if they win) or me. Three visits in one week I just can't seem him getting to week 4. But that's why they play the game!!!

13. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I will spend the max time on him and I am A+ on his two very high's and his most........

I've only lost one other player under these circumstances.... 5* cornerback to Miami last year and it definitely hurt. The SEC better hope he doesn't come because he is the exact QB I need to run my offense.

Let me reiterate.... I will use the max time that is necessary!

14. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

The two time Tiger Bowl champ LSU Tigers are not shaking in our boots...

15. jfosh

jfosh Super

Great post. I wondered what he did on your visit. Thats a lot to top especially after you pulled ahead after week 2 putting BAMA #2 on the list.

This guy ain't signing this week has 3 schools and trips to digest. Information overload. He may have a clear choice going into week 4 but he owes the everybody in Alabama a look at the TIDE. In the end he stays home going to one of the in-state schools.

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    lmao i just noticed I have him coming into with us in week 9...which is like 4-5 weeks after the flurry of users hurried him in. Here's to luck :)

17. jfosh

jfosh Super

If he last through week 4 Tennessee maybe prime to scoop him up with a rivilary visit in week 5 against Georgia.

18. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I wouldn't be either after the ass-whooping you put on me....

I will be extra ready this year....... Expect nothing less than the A game.... I'm going to treat you as if you are Helli or Mo this year.....You will need to play well!

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Jeez.... Why am I still getting the treatment I suck at this game (n)

20. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

There are players in the league that I know I need to play well to beat...

I was of the opinion I could play Ryno and fool around and still win... The last game we played I was beaten handily. I will not fall for it anymore.

21. jfosh

jfosh Super

I take that as an insult and so should Florida!!!

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Our A+ visit had little impact on the guy so we have dropped him from our list. Didn't spend much time though admittedly.

Alabama is in great position as they are pretty close behind and he did not sign with Auburn this week. However, Auburn did fill up the bar, so to speak.

23. jfosh

jfosh Super

I just got off the phone with Hamilton the "Wetumpka Wizzard". He really enjoyed his visit and getting a taste of a 1st class program (he was repeatedly inturrupted by calls from the Auburn area I dont think it was Candace). He was awed by future pros Julio Jones and Mark Ingram. He mentioned that if he does not sign with Alabama this week he will not be making any decesion at all before visiting Tennessee in week 5.

24. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Instasigned Hamilton......game,set, match!

25. jfosh

jfosh Super

Boooo I need some proof post from your iphone.